If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

52 minutes ago, futureman said:

who gives a shit about TC?  he’s a fat irrelevant spare.

They’re ALL fat spares. TC is irrelevant and has always insisted upon himself, and is somehow snobby. For these reasons, he’s considerably worse than Bass and Killer and any other bad personality on the station. He literally has no redeeming qualities. 

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

Woof, sarcoma ain’t pancreatic but it’s not exactly on the medal stand of ‘good’ cancers. Took my pops down over a lengthy journey, started in his shin. 

there are many types of sarcoma with varied prognoses.  that's why I was curious if anyone knew what he had.

TC's best quality was that he was a quality punching bag. Sounds like he's a fun guy to get high and hang out with. I'd hire him to be a mall parking lot rent-a-cop.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:54 PM, RPM said:

TC's best quality was that he was a quality punching bag. Sounds like he's a fun guy to get high and hang out with. I'd hire him to be a mall parking lot rent-a-cop.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952hlohesa2ocs4lqqulp

Yes, TC was a punching bag but he was a fucking whiny titty baby about it.

The HL just destroying. The Musers also destroying but so is the Fan morning show. I guess people like sports in the mornings. It's not listed on here but on a My Ticket Confession, someone claims the Eagle doubled the ratings of the Freak across all day parts just with a switch back to music.

May 2024 Ratings

The Ticket retains #1 for May with its best month of growth in almost a year.

With an average 30% increase of share across all dayparts, even if you take out the giant +66% jump at night (reflecting the great success of The Compound) the station still was +26%.

This also occurs while The Fan had a solid rebound month, with an average of +14%.

house rule: Remember, you compare dayparts across the different stations but not a station across the dayparts.

This ratings period runs from April 25- May 22, 2024

may-2024-ratings-v0-x4l0v679zx5d1.png?wi

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

The HL just destroying. The Musers also destroying but so is the Fan morning show. I guess people like sports in the mornings. It's not listed on here but on a My Ticket Confession, someone claims the Eagle doubled the ratings of the Freak across all day parts just with a switch back to music.

I listen more to the HL in April and May (both live and on the sportsday app) than any other time of the year by far.  I enjoy their Mavs/Stars segments and least amount of Cowboys talk of the year.  Bob has good insight and Corby typically takes a back seat in actual hockey/NBA analysis (unlike CFB where he thinks he is WAY more knowledgeable than he actually is). 

Sidenote: Their segment this week interviewing the 2 21 year old Boston sports bros after game in Boston 1 is exactly what I imagine Boston poster Vertuzzi on this board to be.

I listen to WTDS, dip out to listen to music or a podcast until E-News till the end of CQH and then switch over to Marketplace on NPR at 6:30. I listen to the sportsy segments the least now. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I listen more to the HL in April and May (both live and on the sportsday app) than any other time of the year by far.  I enjoy their Mavs/Stars segments and least amount of Cowboys talk of the year.  Bob has good insight and Corby typically takes a back seat in actual hockey/NBA analysis (unlike CFB where he thinks he is WAY more knowledgeable than he actually is). 

Sidenote: Their segment this week interviewing the 2 21 year old Boston sports bros after game in Boston 1 is exactly what I imagine Boston poster Vertuzzi on this board to be.

Corby’s comment on PJ’s playoff FT % is peak Corby. Says he’s way better in the playoffs than his 62.7%. Like 90%, and “infallible”. When pressed by Bob, says he’s at least 80%. DJ looks it up and he’s 71% for the 19 playoff games and says Corby was “close”. Bob says, no he wasn’t close, PJ isn’t “infallible” and a donkey could shoot 71%. Corby is a fucking clown. 

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Vertuzzi is trash and deserves an ass kicking. 

17 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Corby’s comment on PJ’s playoff FT % is peak Corby. Says he’s way better in the playoffs than his 62.7%. Like 90%, and “infallible”. When pressed by Bob, says he’s at least 80%. DJ looks it up and he’s 71% for the 19 playoff games and says Corby was “close”. Bob says, no he wasn’t close, PJ isn’t “infallible” and a donkey could shoot 71%. Corby is a fucking clown. 

Haha.  I did hear that this week.  Typical Corby.  That is a perfect example of something college football Corby would proclaim except Bob actually defers to him like he knows WTF he is talking about in the fall.

Peter Welpton added the Freak vs. Eagle comparison. Ouch, another hit to Rhyner's ego.

yup

KEGL APRIL '24 (Freak/Talk) May '24 (Eagle/Rock)
M-S 6a12m 1.6/25t 3.9/7t   
M-F 6a-12m 1.8/21t 3.7/7t   
M-F 6a-7p 1.9/19t    3.6/6
M-F 6a-10a 1.6/22    2.4/15   
M-F 10a-1p 1.8/21 5.0/5   
M-F 1p-3p 1.9/17t 4.9/4t
M-F 3p-7p 2.4/17t    3.3/7
M-F 7-12M 1.4/25t       4.6/7

18 hours ago, mdmost said:

Peter Welpton added the Freak vs. Eagle comparison. Ouch, another hit to Rhyner's ego.

yup

M-S 6a12m 1.6/25t 3.9/7t   
M-F 10a-1p 1.8/21 5.0/5   
M-F 1p-3p 1.9/17t 4.9/4t

glad the spite station failed.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:46 PM, mdmost said:

yup

M-S 6a12m 1.6/25t 3.9/7t   
M-F 10a-1p 1.8/21 5.0/5   
M-F 1p-3p 1.9/17t 4.9/4t

Where does he post this stuff? Some blog right?

Man, the AI-generated songs from the Musers this AM are both terrifying and fucking awesome. Gordo featured two AI-generated Willie Mays tributes and then some listeners sent in submissions, the best of which was one about Gordo's arrest at Lambeau many years ago. Damn, it was hilarious.

Man, the AI-generated songs from the Musers this AM are both terrifying and fucking awesome. Gordo featured two AI-generated Willie Mays tributes and then some listeners sent in submissions, the best of which was one about Gordo's arrest at Lambeau many years ago. Damn, it was hilarious.

Yeah. Using Suno. Am trying to resist signing up for this. Looks too addicting.
https://suno.com/

On 6/21/2024 at 10:33 AM, C-Man said:

Missed it Friday but caught it this morning.

“A wild pitch set the barn ablaze” been cracking me up all day.

Edited by LonghornSean

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Radio guys all think they should be musicians. At best they get novelty hits like the Big Booker or Rick Dees. Circling the drain are Ticket dudes and their songs. Just awfulness

What are you on about?

Corby and Bob discussing historical relevance of various team names. Corby doesn’t understand Crimson Tide and questions what Texans are. Sturm thinks Tennessee Vols is a civil war reference to some military brigade he made up in his head. What fucking idiots. Volunteers goes back to the war of 1812, then solidified in Texas Revolution and the Mexican war.

The two segments Bob and Corby just did was laughably horrible. There wasn’t a slice of subjectiveness. It was all about the big bad Texas and how bad of a person Schloss is. Every pro aggie rumor mentioned was said as if it was true while completely ignoring anything that could possibly make aggie look bad. Bob talked about the sources saying this was going on back in April and probably finished at the beginning of June. But completely ignoring other reports that said the aggies had some knowledge of this going on. I dunno, but if I was an A&M fan that is also supposed to be an objective sports radio host, I would also ask the question as why the athletic department let this happen. The coach that did the same thing to tcu before going to A&M couldn’t possibly do the same to rejoin an even better situation with his best friend at a university that is regarded as one of the best jobs in college baseball? But but…Schloss did it in the worst way possible! No he didn’t. If you were to take a look in front and behind Schloss, you would see a long line of coaches that kept it under wraps and unfortunately had to leave without telling the players. A guy right in front of him is Elko. It’s the way it is in a lot of these situations. The only reason this is a big deal is because Texas dragged their nuts across the aggies face in way that hasn’t been done in a rivalry since almost forever. 

The two segments Bob and Corby just did was laughably horrible. There wasn’t a slice of subjectiveness. It was all about the big bad Texas and how bad of a person Schloss is. Every pro aggie rumor mentioned was said as if it was true while completely ignoring anything that could possibly make aggie look bad. Bob talked about the sources saying this was going on back in April and probably finished at the beginning of June. But completely ignoring other reports that said the aggies had some knowledge of this going on. I dunno, but if I was an A&M fan that is also supposed to be an objective sports radio host, I would also ask the question as why the athletic department let this happen. The coach that did the same thing to tcu before going to A&M couldn’t possibly do the same to rejoin an even better situation with his best friend at a university that is regarded as one of the best jobs in college baseball? But but…Schloss did it in the worst way possible! No he didn’t. If you were to take a look in front and behind Schloss, you would see a long line of coaches that kept it under wraps and unfortunately had to leave without telling the players. A guy right in front of him is Elko. It’s the way it is in a lot of these situations. The only reason this is a big deal is because Texas dragged their nuts across the aggies face in way that hasn’t been done in a rivalry since almost forever. 

Such whining. Corby was possibly worse than Bob. Why? Why? I only listen to these nitwits when I’m driving in the afternoon.

18 hours ago, Levi said:

Does it hurt?

Bob?

Bob?

• Hook 'Em 1

Bob and Corby were really triggered about Cowboys training camp and Jerry and the situation with everyone on final year contracts. Of note they couldn’t figure out why Jerry moved from Thousand Oaks to Austin for camp. It was so hot! Corby really couldn’t figure it out. Finally Sturm remembered that Jimmy moved the camp to have heat to toughen the team. Corby was like “why would you do that?” He referred to it dismissively as “junction boys”. Uhh Corby that made Bear Bryant as a dominating coach. “They had to do 2 a days?!?”

Uhh Corby…3 rings in 4 years. Jimmy, Jerry, Switzer all grew up under Frank Broyles who did pretty well with undersized players because he forced his teams to have stamina. But so did most coaches.

And Corby, Jerry is the one who coddles players with camp cupcake and the Star and life of luxury treatment. And it’s resulted I. Teams out of gas and weak in January for almost 30 years. How does one exist as stupid as Corby?

22 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Bob and Corby were really triggered about Cowboys training camp and Jerry and the situation with everyone on final year contracts. Of note they couldn’t figure out why Jerry moved from Thousand Oaks to Austin for camp. It was so hot! Corby really couldn’t figure it out. Finally Sturm remembered that Jimmy moved the camp to have heat to toughen the team. Corby was like “why would you do that?” He referred to it dismissively as “junction boys”. Uhh Corby that made Bear Bryant as a dominating coach. “They had to do 2 a days?!?”

Uhh Corby…3 rings in 4 years. Jimmy, Jerry, Switzer all grew up under Frank Broyles who did pretty well with undersized players because he forced his teams to have stamina. But so did most coaches.

And Corby, Jerry is the one who coddles players with camp cupcake and the Star and life of luxury treatment. And it’s resulted I. Teams out of gas and weak in January for almost 30 years. How does one exist as stupid as Corby?

Okay Grandpa, let's get you back to bed.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This college needs to go minor pro stuff is becoming Junior's latest the iPad will fail strange stubbornness. 

That segment was horrible. 

I heard this guy who has this whacky idea about the biggest college football teams going their own way!  I've never heard of such a thing!  Get him on!

Willywonkatellmemore.gif

2 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Seriously, why the fuck do you tune into The Hard Line at this point?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

This college needs to go minor pro stuff is becoming Junior's latest the iPad will fail strange stubbornness. 

Yeah, that was a beating. I think that guy had a thousand posts on the old "Realignment" thread.