If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

14 minutes ago, RPM said:

Here's a tip...

They had invites to the Nobu party and passed because fuck that drive that late. It started 8 pm Pacific/10pm here, ran for 3 hours and was nearly a 90 minute drive each way in LA traffic. Blake made a late decision to go for it. Check in today for... oh wait this is the only Patreon episode the whole trip. Well, check YouTube tomorrow for a freebie episode.

I would drive 3 hours to nobu for a 5am media party if it meant I could eat $1,000 worth of some of the best sushi in the country for free. 

48 minutes ago, futureman said:

I would drive 3 hours to nobu for a 5am media party if it meant I could eat $1,000 worth of some of the best sushi in the country for free. 

Blake was going to take a gallon ziplock for the boys.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Here's a tip...

They had invites to the Nobu party and passed because fuck that drive that late. It started 8 pm Pacific/10pm here, ran for 3 hours and was nearly a 90 minute drive each way in LA traffic. Blake made a late decision to go for it. Check in today for... oh wait this is the only Patreon episode the whole trip. Well, check YouTube tomorrow for a freebie episode.

Nah. Why don’t you start a new thread. Those guys are irrelevant as Rhyner or Greggo. 

On 8/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, Texzilla588 said:

Jub doing velvet taco spots is a beating. It’s worse than his music takes. I don’t think he’s ever eaten any of their food or knows what most of it is.

He's also a tequila connoisseur.

And Velvet Taco is dog shit.

Edited by threesheets

On 8/7/2024 at 10:36 AM, Texzilla588 said:

Jub doing velvet taco spots is a beating. It’s worse than his music takes. I don’t think he’s ever eaten any of their food or knows what most of it is.

The strangest things drive you nuts. It's an ad.

On 8/7/2024 at 2:39 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

the Orginal Carra-hero

I stand corrected. Jub's pronunciation of all things tequila in this spot are turrible.

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

He's also a tequila connoisseur.

And Velvet Taco is dog shit.

Meh, Velvet Taco has its place. The Chicken Tikka taco is outstanding. It's probably barely a taco but I still like it.

how are the dumb zone guys doing?  I’m not busting balls, I’m curious.  are they making more money than they did at the ticket?  is blake?  do they regret leaving the ticket?  it seems like they do not but from my standpoint they have definitely become irrelevant.  I know some people subscribe but I know a lot more people that don’t.  just curious how they’re doing. 

Feels like that number for DZ has stayed pretty static. I stopped subscribing when they added Blake and it became a 3 man show. I never really liked Blake so it was easy to reclaim my time with music or other podcasts. I wish them well but I don't really miss it too terribly any longer. 

On 8/7/2024 at 9:26 AM, futureman said:

did they intentionally wait for the ticket to leave before going out there?  

On 8/7/2024 at 9:43 AM, Gene Parmesan said:

Do podcasters get media credentials?

To answer both questions, no, yes. These were the dates they were given credentials for.

On 8/9/2024 at 9:09 PM, mdmost said:

Feels like that number for DZ has stayed pretty static. I stopped subscribing when they added Blake and it became a 3 man show. I never really liked Blake so it was easy to reclaim my time with music or other podcasts. I wish them well but I don't really miss it too terribly any longer. 

somewhat static in the last 3 months

dz812.png

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/9/2024 at 9:09 PM, mdmost said:

I stopped subscribing when they added Blake and it became a 3 man show. I never really liked Blake so it was easy to reclaim my time with music or other podcasts. I wish them well but I don't really miss it too terribly any longer. 

The production has gotten much, much better since Blake came on board

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Dan and Jake are making half of what they used to make. Blake is making twice what he used to make. They still owe $50,000 of their $100,000 legal bill

But hey, they have their freedom. Less money, debt, and irrelevance. But freedom from the tyrannical Ticket. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

8 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Dan and Jake are making half of what they used to make. Blake is making twice what he used to make. They still owe $50,000 of their $100,000 legal bill

I thought Jake was making shit even as a host. 

17 hours ago, bluto said:

I thought Jake was making shit even as a host. 

Okay. And when Mr. Akaash said you had never gotten a raise, that was untrue, right?

A. He misrepresented the duration of time. Because it actually is true that in February of 2020, that's when I became a host. At the time I was making $50,000 a year, and I did not receive a pay raise until July of 2020. So he said a year, which is incorrect, but it is true that I worked for a period of five months on my previous salary.

Q. Well, we can play it again real quick because he also said you didn't get a raise after that, right? Let's play it. A. Yeah. He's -- yeah. MR. PERNINI: So this is A1? MR. DYSART: A1. (Plaintiff's Audio Exhibit Number A1 played.) MR. PERNINI: Pause it there. Is there a way to get back?

Q. Did you hear where he said, "and then they didn't give you a raise" on the second part? A. Yes, sir. Q. Okay. And that's not true, right?

A. I believe what he's doing is conflating two different negotiations. Because when my pay raised from the $50,000 a year to the $80,000 a year after five months, the next year  was back in negotiations and my initial offer was no raise on that one. Does that make sense?

Q. It does. But my question is: What he said is not true, right?

A. He is conflating two different negotiations, yes, sir. And he also absolutely misrepresented the duration of time, but yes.

Q. And you didn't correct him?

A. No, sir.

Edited by nolongerU2horn

2 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Q. And your salary was upwards of, for the year of 2021 was upwards of $140,000, was it not?

A. Yes, sir. All total. I don't know if it was -- if that counts salary or everything, but, yeah, total comp.

Q. That's correct. Total comp?

A. Yeah.

Yeah, I can believe Dan is making half what he was making at The Ticket but I doubt Jake is in the same boat.

57 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yeah, I can believe Dan is making half what he was making at The Ticket but I doubt Jake is in the same boat.

18 minutes ago, Gordon Shumway said:

They also make the $690 sit in fees which seems like its every show.  They are also getting some more ad revenue.  Seems like they are doing okay. 

Well they also have to pay Blake (prob in the $80K range), as well as Rob (prob similar if not more), as well as Jasmine, Kelly, and Intern Rachel.

Edited by nolongerU2horn

Posted (edited)

I feel like the DZ is just going to be stuck in neutral as far as subscriber count unless they have some viral moment that catches on and gets them new listeners. 

Edited by mdmost