If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

6 hours ago, bluto said:

welp, I’m out on the DZ with the new rollout. Not even the price jump, but fuck having to download new app and new sub and new login etc. Plus I just flat out refuse to listen to cowboys bullshit and that’s a third of the shows now it seems. 

You don't need to download a new app. You can listen on whatever podcast app you've already been using

6 hours ago, bluto said:

welp, I’m out on the DZ with the new rollout. Not even the price jump, but fuck having to download new app and new sub and new login etc. Plus I just flat out refuse to listen to cowboys bullshit and that’s a third of the shows now it seems. 

15 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

You don't need to download a new app. You can listen on whatever podcast app you've already been using

2 hours ago, bluto said:

9.60 per month now.

30 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

$8/month instead of $6.90

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Forgot to post this last week, but another example of Matt McLearin just being..."weird". (again, I cannot think of the exact word I am looking for). During the "Am I A Jerk" one of the emailers finished the message "or am I just a bitch?"

During the chat with Donnie Do and others, Matt was like "well, we know this must be a girl because she referred herself as a "bitch". Someone commented "that doesn't mean it's a girl" and he acted like he had NO idea that calling a GUY a "bitch" is something you can do. He made it sound like you can ONLY use that word for a woman (or dog I assume).

Just another example of him being....out there. Awkward more like it. :)

30 minutes ago, futureman said:

go on

They were talking about the blowu game and apparently there was a lateral that was a fumble. I guess it was questionable. Don't know don't care. But Bob said whomever was doing the gene steratore for the game said that if the ball is going perfectly lateral to the sideline it is a fumble. Bob said he never knew that and thought it had to be going backwards to be a fumble. I mean what the literal fuck?

• Hook 'Em 2

Bob is a boring midwestern aggy blowhard know-it-all who actually doesn't know very much about sports, and that's what he always has been. It's a testament to Dan's talent that he somehow made Bob tolerable when they were paired together. Bob without Dan is an unlistenable dumpster fire.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CBT said:

Lol anyone hear Bob talking about San Diego being little brother to LAD and gave the examples of “like Texas and Texas Tech or Texas and Baylor”. Missing a big one there Bob.

Bob is such a fucking idiot. We need Joel Klatt to be on THL at all times just to call him out on these comments. 

5 hours ago, elguapo said:

Bob is a boring midwestern aggy blowhard know-it-all who actually doesn't know very much about sports, and that's what he always has been. 

And yet he knows 10X more than Corby.  Corby, the self proclaimed Ticket college football "expert" last week in segments I listened to claimed (i) he had no idea Tom Herman was still involved in college football and (ii) was shocked that Milroe had a top 5 or so deep ball efficiency rating during the 2023 season (literally the only thing Milroe did well since day 1 last year as anyone that pays attention to college football would know).  There was something else last week equally basic he was either wrong about or didn't know I'm forgetting.   But I'll never understand how the guy who's entire job is "sports talk" and claims to be an "expert" in a sport, somehow knows significantly less than the vast majority of college football fans.  So fucking lazy 

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, elguapo said:

Bob is a boring midwestern aggy blowhard know-it-all who actually doesn't know very much about sports, and that's what he always has been. It's a testament to Dan's talent that he somehow made Bob tolerable when they were paired together. Bob without Dan is an unlistenable dumpster fire.

Bob without Dan is a less energetic Norm

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bluto said:

Oh and the mid day guys during picks with friends are so out of place. It’s like a bunch of dads playing cards and a tween son trying fit in talking weak shit

except the tween son is like 35 fucking years old.  mino never grew up; he stayed a little twink. 

18 hours ago, threesheets said:

Oh he's an expert alright. On one team. 

Still Team Hardline (ducks).

That's what is funny.  I feel like most years I know more about OU than he does.  Particularly overall roster/recruiting etc.  He's what most of us that follow this sport closely consider a casual fan even for his own team.  Which is fine if sports knowledge wasn't your actual fucking job.  

Dave absolutely made the Hardline a decent show.  I would be out completely at this point if not for Dave as he will call both out on their BS.  And no doubt he gets paid a lot less than the other 2.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, bluto said:

Oh and the mid day guys during picks with friends are so out of place. It’s like a bunch of dads playing cards and a tween son trying fit in talking weak shit

I haven't listened to a single picks with friends segment since Dan and Jake left.  It's shared segments like that or ticket trips/events that took the biggest hit when they left.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, Skipper said:

And yet he knows 10X more than Corby.  Corby, the self proclaimed Ticket college football "expert" last week in segments I listened to claimed (i) he had no idea Tom Herman was still involved in college football and (ii) was shocked that Milroe had a top 5 or so deep ball efficiency rating during the 2023 season (literally the only thing Milroe did well since day 1 last year as anyone that pays attention to college football would know).  There was something else last week equally basic he was either wrong about or didn't know I'm forgetting.   But I'll never understand how the guy who's entire job is "sports talk" and claims to be an "expert" in a sport, somehow knows significantly less than the vast majority of college football fans.  So fucking lazy 

No offense but that's never been his entire job, or anybody's at that station. From jump, it was guy talk that was centered around sports. That was always the central theme but none of it has ever been hard-hitting analysis, which frankly, is boring as shit. Give me the entertainment and Corby's brought that for 25+ years. Does he say the occasional thing that makes me stroke out like Kramer when he hears Mary Hart's voice? Absolutely. But he's a good dude off the air and is still a good part of what's left of the OG Ticket.

End rant.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2