If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

48 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Also Sirois on DZ picks has been great. It’s a crime he’s not still on the air but Sean Bass is.

sirois and donny 10-12; hang zone 12-3.  how god wanted it.

instead we get mcclearin, bass, and mino.  the p1 deserves better. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/29/2024 at 1:37 AM, threesheets said:

"Musers" means what? I'd rather listen to dudes farting in an airport bathroom than George and Craig talking about anything. 

Strange comment. Musers, all 3, are great. Just because we all know Craig is a big dick (g)lover doesn’t mean I don’t value his ability to command a show and let the game come to him. I’m just not homophobic, perhaps like you. 

3 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

most likely explanation is some sort of mental health crisis and/or benzo rehab

recall several episodes where he was slurring badly and pretty out of it

Is this a serious comment?  Just drives me further away. Dan and Jake aren’t talented enough to get me to pay money for their bullshit podcast. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2024 at 9:17 PM, futureman said:

sirois and donny 10-12; hang zone 12-3.  how god wanted it.

instead we get mcclearin, bass, and mino.  the p1 deserves better. 

because i got in a random conversation about the ability to program the all-time station lineup:

5:30-10: jub, doocy, gordo (i mean, it's probably craig, he just annoys the shit out of me but perhaps that's part of the show's greatness)

10-12: bob playing the role of norm with donny and sirois shooting his wheels off

12-3: hang zone

3-7: hardline with mike, circa 1997 greggo and corby (also open to jake playing the role of greggo here)

i don't give a shit about tickers, saturdays can be sirois and danny from 10-noon, ben and skin from noon-2, and kickaround from 2-4.

weekenders and monty can fill in on dry dock, mino and sean bass are simply never allowed to speak over the air.

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

because i got in a random conversation about the ability to program the all-time station lineup:

5:30-10: jub, doocy, gordo (i mean, it's probably craig, he just annoys the shit out of me but perhaps that's part of the show's greatness)

10-12: bob playing the role of norm with donny and sirois shooting his wheels off

12-3: hang zone

3-7: hardline with mike, circa 1997 greggo and corby (also open to jake playing the role of greggo here)

i don't give a shit about tickers, saturdays can be sirois and danny from 10-noon, ben and skin from noon-2, and kickaround from 2-4.

weekenders and monty can fill in on dry dock, mino and sean bass are simply never allowed to speak over the air.

I think Doocy would ultimately become a beating if he were a full-timer.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think Doocy would ultimately become a beating if he were a full-timer.

I like Doocy but he is exposed to us exactly as much as he should be. He’s almost a beating as is. 

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

feeling a little down...

Not funny, tired, and mailed-in bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

For many years Craig Miller was solid because his dry humor bits were a nice balance to Jub and Gordo. But he’s become stale on those. I do still like it when he brings in interesting stats, like his Astros stats this morning.  

I really didn’t like Bob and Corby together but listened yesterday and there were a few moments where Bob started to mesh better and actually had funny side comments in the background. With Davy Lane, that show could actually become tolerable again. Maybe. 

On 9/30/2024 at 10:48 AM, Rex Kramer said:

Strange comment. Musers, all 3, are great. Just because we all know Craig is a big dick (g)lover doesn’t mean I don’t value his ability to command a show and let the game come to him. I’m just not homophobic, perhaps like you. 

I always forget you're doing a bit, then you say shit like that.

2 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I always forget you're doing a bit, then you say shit like that.

No im serious. Im not his biggest fan, but Junior is quiet a lot whereas a lot of hosts don’t sit there and listen. They’re too busy ready to say what is on their mind. I’m not just talking about the younger guys, but it’s all over the Hard Line with experienced guys like Bob and Corby. So, when Junior speaks, it has some gravity to it. Junior is who Bob would like to be, but has no control. Junior is a very underrated key to how that show operates and is underappreciated and in fact unappreciated here. With Doocy in for him, it’s definitely fun, but too much of a circus. Junior is very much like Rhyner in this regard before Rhyner stopped caring and let Corby and Danny run wild. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

No im serious. Im not his biggest fan, but Junior is quiet a lot whereas a lot of hosts don’t sit there and listen. They’re too busy ready to say what is on their mind. I’m not just talking about the younger guys, but it’s all over the Hard Line with experienced guys like Bob and Corby. So, when Junior speaks, it has some gravity to it. Junior is who Bob would like to be, but has no control. Junior is a very underrated key to how that show operates and is underappreciated and in fact unappreciated here. With Doocy in for him, it’s definitely fun, but too much of a circus. Junior is very much like Rhyner in this regard before Rhyner stopped caring and let Corby and Danny run wild. 

Agreed. I have no issues with Junior. Doocy gets on my nerve after a day or two. Don't get me started on his stupid "timelines."

• Hook 'Em 1

has there ever been a more contrived and planned bit than dipshit d.j. and the nickelback/creed shit.  damn that guy sucks.  they played it at the beginning of the ebrake.  I can see that douchebag rehearsing it at home before taking it on the air. 

27 minutes ago, futureman said:

if you’re due for a teeth cleaning YOU NEED TO SEE A DENTIST.  THAT IS THE FACT.

Evil dill insurance companies are bribing you to get your teeth cleaned. 

46 minutes ago, futureman said:

has there ever been a more contrived and planned bit than dipshit d.j. and the nickelback/creed shit.  damn that guy sucks.  they played it at the beginning of the ebrake.  I can see that douchebag rehearsing it at home before taking it on the air. 

“I’ll wear this one.”

On 10/4/2024 at 9:08 AM, futureman said:

if you’re due for a teeth cleaning YOU NEED TO SEE A DENTIST.  THAT IS THE FACT.

Nothing comes close to the shittiness of the Desperado's spot. Yes, please make me think of a turd in a tortilla while trying to sell me tacos. Fucking idiots.

"Don't be a Richard" is a clever ending too.

On 10/5/2024 at 12:49 PM, threesheets said:

Nothing comes close to the shittiness of the Desperado's spot. Yes, please make me think of a turd in a tortilla while trying to sell me tacos. Fucking idiots.

"Don't be a Richard" is a clever ending too.

Haven’t heard this one, I don’t think. Although their ads are usually terrible, and it’s not a good Mexican place despite the Ticket talking about it constantly on pre and post game shows. 

32 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Reddit is saying alcohol.  "He was 5 drinks a day guy."

Listening to it live. I didn't hear that. He was definitely the lightweight compared to others there.

1 hour ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m not, but I exceed 15 per week typically, which is the threshold for “excessive”. I skipped a deal today with an open bar precisely for that reason. 

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea man hearing 5 per day kind of made me feel bad. That’s nothing to me

Just curious, but what is it about your lives that induces this behavior? That's exceedingly dangerous, and while Rex is a cunt and Zepol is awesome I'd hate to see any of y'all go Lobo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just curious, but what is it about your lives that induces this behavior? That's exceedingly dangerous, and while Rex is a cunt and Zepol is awesome I'd hate to see any of y'all go Lobo. 

Reading your fucking posts for starters. 

• Haha 8

33 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I avg 23 days of travel a month for this year. Vegas Miami LA dinners catch up I guess

Edited by Zepol87

14 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m not, but I exceed 15 per week typically, which is the threshold for “excessive”. I skipped a deal today with an open bar precisely for that reason. 

13 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea man hearing 5 per day kind of made me feel bad. That’s nothing to me

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I'm joking for the most part but there was a time when that was pretty SOP. Isn't Jake mid-30's? Definitely when I was that age, the only slowing me down was having kids or other home responsibilities. I'm barely north of 50 now and have cut way back, especially during the week. My wife had to stop for health reasons six years ago and organically, I've pretty much cut out any drinking during the week unless there is a work event or something like that. We had some friends in town from SLC on Sun and last night for work and we drank at dinner on Sun and then took them to the Fair last night. I won't likely partake again until the Texas-OU party we're going to on Friday night. Then all bets are off for Saturday, of course. I'll be too hungover Sun to do anything.

I will say that my college friends and other peers that never really slowed down after college have started dropping dead at 49-50. That seems to be about the point the human body gives up if you don't curb those bad behaviors. Knew I should probably start slowing down when I was having to taper habits pretty hard leading into my annual physical.

Why is the Cars 4 Kids guy singing like a billy goat?

One additional enjoyable part of Davey being on the Hardline is him being a bandwagon Bama fan because of his wife and the laughter of listening to him talk about them failing to a team like Vanderbilt. 

23 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Kars with a K

I saw the commercial they have on this round during the Bos/Fla hockey. Kids fake playing pink instruments this time.

It makes me want to hit things almost as much as the lip smacking AC guy.

They play that commercial on a loop on CNBC. Drives me nuts. 

Lip smacking AC guy. “The word ‘moist’?”

• Hook 'Em 1