$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

OTF podcasts are borderline unlistenable. Two minutes of introduction; a sponsor read by Bobby or someone; 30 seconds of content; 2 minutes of blaring advertisement with no warning; 5 minutes of content; a sponsor reminder; 4 minutes of content; 2 minutes of blaring advertisement; and so on. There's good information in there and I like the guys. But the overall product sounds terrible even with the ability to skip forward. 

Why would you listen on a podcast site and not just go to the vod on YT? 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

I like them and I know that they have to make a living, I'm all for that, they're the best in the market.

They're too redundant. There are too many shows. There's no need to listen to a night Livestream and and C&F. Same things covered.  

I'm a misanthrope but the people in the chat are nearly unbearable.

GH and Bobby repeat these same stories and quips.  I don't blame them because they're trying to fill time but it irks me.  

I honestly fast-forward until GH hits the recruiting stuff then I'm out. 

I did like Blake and CJ talking baseball and I hope there is more of that this spring.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

They're too redundant. There are too many shows. There's no need to listen to a night Livestream and and C&F. Same things covered.  

But that’s the key to social media. Content content content. Some people can’t listen to C&F and some can’t listen to the night shows so they’re essentially hitting two markets. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So the way to listen to OTF is pick a show you like and listen to that daily. If you listen to every single one it's redundant, just like SportsCenter. 

He's done a good job of having different specialties for each show, coaching focused, recruiting focused, etc. 

Would you all be interested in paying for a completely ad free version of the podcast? Let's say $20/mo?

1000 listeners at $20 a month would maybe make sense, but honestly it would need to be closer to $20 per week for the number of shows and content they do to be completely ad free. This isn't a passion project for them and all the talent is payrolled, no one is just doing it because they love it even though they all do. 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

OTF podcasts are borderline unlistenable. Two minutes of introduction; a sponsor read by Bobby or someone; 30 seconds of content; 2 minutes of blaring advertisement with no warning; 5 minutes of content; a sponsor reminder; 4 minutes of content; 2 minutes of blaring advertisement; and so on. There's good information in there and I like the guys. But the overall product sounds terrible even with the ability to skip forward. 

I listen to coffee and football and the recruiting breakdown on YouTube with the Brave browser, it gets rid of all the ad interruptions. Then if the sponsor reads get to be too much, you can just skip ahead a minute. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So you aren't blasted with ads? Seems pretty simple to me. 

I don't think one platform is worse than the other. YT has a shit ton of ad breaks too. 

Also dont really care about ads, just thought it was funny I was getting these weird Irish ads. One of them is even in Gaelic or something, lol

11 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

I don't think one platform is worse than the other. YT has a shit ton of ad breaks too. 

Also dont really care about ads, just thought it was funny I was getting these weird Irish ads. One of them is even in Gaelic or something, lol

You can have ad ons that block all sponsor reads and ads on YT, you can't on spotify, apple, etc.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But that’s the key to social media. Content content content. Some people can’t listen to C&F and some can’t listen to the night shows so they’re essentially hitting two markets. 

As someone who works in the industry, I hate it so goddamn much. Just vomiting bullshit that could be written in a paragraph over hours of verbal nothing and unskippable ads. It works, but it's so fucking stupid.

• Hook 'Em 2

Holy fucking shit. How do you expect CJ, Gerry, Rod, Blake etc to pay their fucking bills. Listens and likes don't pay the fucking bills, they don't put gas in cars, they don't put food on the table. 

Imagine consuming a "free" product that takes 40+ hours of time a week all in for all these guys and just not wanting to pay for it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Some good news so it doesn't get redundant here - 

Defensive prospects Loved the game and atmosphere. We've made a huge jump for Justus Terry, Chace Sims,amd Joseph Mbatchu + others. 

I know this should be on the recruiting one, but wanted to break the monotony.

All per OTF (Gerry and CJ)

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, immamac said:

Would you all be interested in paying for a completely ad free version of the podcast? Let's say $20/mo?

It's a nice thought but you can just pay $14 a month for YouTube premium and get rid of all ads on all YouTube videos, along with free music streaming. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/22/2024 at 9:19 PM, immamac said:

Holy fucking shit. How do you expect CJ, Gerry, Rod, Blake etc to pay their fucking bills. Listens and likes don't pay the fucking bills, they don't put gas in cars, they don't put food on the table. 

Imagine consuming a "free" product that takes 40+ hours of time a week all in for all these guys and just not wanting to pay for it. 

Who said they should do it for free? Just because I'm not willing to pay $80 a month, or even $20 a month, for their product doesn't mean I believe they should do it for free. Are they not making money with their current sponsorship model?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

On 10/23/2024 at 6:23 AM, Viper said:

It's a nice thought but you can just pay $14 a month for YouTube premium and get rid of all ads on all YouTube videos, along with free music streaming. 

Exactly. 

If they want to make extra set up a patreon type system where people pay $9.95 a month to get extras. Extra content, maybe a weekly private members only Q&A session with Gerry, Rod, and CJ. Bobby can charge people to watch him eat corn dogs with mayo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Who said they should do it for free? Just because I'm not willing to pay $80 a month, or even $20 a month, for their product doesn't mean I believe they should do it for free. Are they not making money with their current sponsorship model?

They are -- with Ads and sponsors. If you take those away it's free.

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly. 

If they want to make extra set up a patreon type system where people pay $9.95 a month to get extras. Extra content, maybe a weekly private members only Q&A session with Gerry, Rod, and CJ. Bobby can charge people to watch him eat corn dogs with mayo. 

You can sign up on ontexasfootball.com 

https://ontexasfootball.com/store/category/1-premium/

On 10/22/2024 at 9:19 PM, immamac said:

It's feedback, take it or leave it. No need to get all rage-y. We are literally all on the same team here.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, most of which are produced to a much higher level than OTF, which at the end of the day is two or three guys with microphones bullshitting. Now of course they work hard behind the scenes to get information. I get that. But this is not highly produced, expensive to create content. They're producing hours of it per day, when the highest-quality podcasts are weekly or monthly. So there is a lot of air time for monetization purposes.

Most of the podcasts I listen to either have sponsor reads, or advertisements. OTF has both of those, as well as superchats, and calls to subscribe to the OTF message board. They are pushing four different buttons for monetization which seems a bit much. Moreover, the way the ads are inserted into the podcast version of their program is so ham-handed that it just sounds terrible, and it happens at the most random times. Like I said, it makes the product borderline unlistenable. You can get all high and mighty about how they have to pay their bills and eat, but I am just saying that the product they're putting out—again, in my opinion—sounds sub-optimal. There are a million-billion ways to consume information and entertainment online, and the negatives I've cited above outweigh the positives. For me. To each their own.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

It's feedback, take it or leave it. No need to get all rage-y. We are literally all on the same team here.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, most of which are produced to a much higher level than OTF, which at the end of the day is two or three guys with microphones bullshitting. Now of course they work hard behind the scenes to get information. I get that. But this is not highly produced, expensive to create content. They're producing hours of it per day, when the highest-quality podcasts are weekly or monthly. So there is a lot of air time for monetization purposes.

Most of the podcasts I listen to either have sponsor reads, or advertisements. OTF has both of those, as well as superchats, and calls to subscribe to the OTF message board. They are pushing four different buttons for monetization which seems a bit much. Moreover, the way the ads are inserted into the podcast version of their program is so ham-handed that it just sounds terrible, and it happens at the most random times. Like I said, it makes the product borderline unlistenable. You can get all high and mighty about how they have to pay their bills and eat, but I am just saying that the product they're putting out—again, in my opinion—sounds sub-optimal. There are a million-billion ways to consume information and entertainment online, and the negatives I've cited above outweigh the positives. For me. To each their own.

The feedback of "we want free stuff and it's not our problem if you make money or not" is not valuable at all. The ads are the platform you are using - if you use youtube and have premium you don't hear ads. Spotify premium? no ads. listen in autograph? No ads. etc. 

I'm asking if there's something that removes ALL forms of ad reads, advertisements and is _just_ content if that was worth paying for. Theya re pushing four buttons for monetization because when you pay adults who actually have brains and do this for a living they cost a significant amount of money. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

The feedback of "we want free stuff and it's not our problem if you make money or not" is not valuable at all. The ads are the platform you are using - if you use youtube and have premium you don't hear ads. Spotify premium? no ads. listen in autograph? No ads. etc. 

I'm asking if there's something that removes ALL forms of ad reads, advertisements and is _just_ content if that was worth paying for. Theya re pushing four buttons for monetization because when you pay adults who actually have brains and do this for a living they cost a significant amount of money. 

image.png.ac47e2e53ac003297c7b71a221a3ee16.png

1 minute ago, immamac said:

With all due respect—and I do respect you because this is a kickass website, and I'm sure it is no picnic keeping the knuckleheads in line— please stop being so condescending. I have worked as a journalist primarily supported by advertising for decades. I understand that people have to eat. You are welcome to dismiss my feedback as worthless, but I suspect I am not alone in being turned off by the OTF product presentation.

To answer your question, I would pay on the order of $10 a month for the OTF message board and an ad-free feed of their podcasts. I can live with the sponsor reads, at least those are "in line" with the flow of their program. I also think producing fewer shows would probably increase the quality of the product, but I understand why they push out content like a machine gun.

8 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

With all due respect—and I do respect you because this is a kickass website, and I'm sure it is no picnic keeping the knuckleheads in line— please stop being so condescending. I have worked as a journalist primarily supported by advertising for decades. I understand that people have to eat. You are welcome to dismiss my feedback as worthless, but I suspect I am not alone in being turned off by the OTF product presentation.

To answer your question, I would pay on the order of $10 a month for the OTF message board and an ad-free feed of their podcasts. I can live with the sponsor reads, at least those are "in line" with the flow of their program. I also think producing fewer shows would probably increase the quality of the product, but I understand why they push out content like a machine gun.

I am really just tired of people not understanding how much of a loser all of this stuff is $$ wise.

It's all take take take and then god forbid someone does something to make money and it gets shit on because the only way to make money is to convert passive alligator arms listeners into paid earholes and eyeballs because of their own behavior.

If Surly and OTF made enough money off of subs and donors to pay everyone there would be no reason to do ads, everyone hates ads. Ad reads are terrible to read, they are terrible to listen to it's an overall shitty experience. I fucking hate running ads on the site, but the majority of people refuse to pay the lowest subscription I'm even aware of for an online site to get actual value from this site.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

I am really just tired of people not understanding how much of a loser all of this stuff is $$ wise.

It's all take take take and then god forbid someone does something to make money and it gets shit on because the only way to make money is to convert passive alligator arms listeners into paid earholes and eyeballs because of their own behavior.

If Surly and OTF made enough money off of subs and donors to pay everyone there would be no reason to do ads, everyone hates ads. Ad reads are terrible to read, they are terrible to listen to it's an overall shitty experience. I fucking hate running ads on the site, but the majority of people refuse to pay the lowest subscription I'm even aware of for an online site to get actual value from this site.

They should stream on Twitch and TikTok as well tbh....just potential revenue streams without doing any extra work excepting putting in a stream key to them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They should stream on Twitch and TikTok as well tbh....just potential revenue streams without doing any extra work excepting putting in a stream key to them.

They do it on Twitter I'm not sure streaming into the void on twitch and tiktok works as you have to have viewers and those platforms aren't really good at promoting anything. 

• Like 1

i was getting really tired of the ads youtube was running.. even Live shows started having ads break in the feed.. Someone on twitter suggested to use a browser called Brave.  I'm on day 2 of using it and I'm satisfied.. No more waiting around to hit skip.. 

Beats paying for youtube premium since it's free to use

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i was getting really tired of the ads youtube was running.. even Live shows started having ads break in the feed.. Someone on twitter suggested to use a browser called Brave.  I'm on day 2 of using it and I'm satisfied.. No more waiting around to hit skip.. 

Beats paying for youtube premium since it's free to use

Just download those chrome extensions I posted 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

You are arguing with poor, entitled...and for the most part liberal people. The idea of working hard and reaping the rewards is as foreign as Cantonese. Dont bother.

Edited by HellesBier
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 19

24 minutes ago, HellesBier said:

You are arguing with poor, entitled...and for the most part liberal people. The idea of working hard and reaping the rewards is as foreign as Cantonese. Dont bother.

The audacity to bring this insufferable take to the recruiting forum when you don’t even donate to Burnt Endz…

Go back to the cloak room, halfwit.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

The audacity to bring this insufferable take to the recruiting forum when you don’t even donate to Burnt Endz…

Go back to the cloak room, halfwit.

I never go to the cloak room. Just commenting on the ridiculousness of these people to complain about people making money. It is so obvious they are just entitled bottom feeders. No worries it is my last comment about it.

• Fuck You 12

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This is what I'm saying. It's like a regular priced large soda or a coffee. If everyone paid 3.50 the site would be bonkers with features etc. 

And the great thing about spending the tree fiddy is infinite rep. I can hit dipshits over and over and over again.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, immamac said:

They are -- with Ads and sponsors. If you take those away it's free.

You can sign up on ontexasfootball.com 

https://ontexasfootball.com/store/category/1-premium/

No I'm cool with all the ad reads. It's standard procedure for today's media environment. Doesn't bother me at all, and I even find it entertaining when a dude as buttoned up as Bobby Burton is reading ads for getting high on Rogue Shop supply

• Haha 2