What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

15 hours ago, South Austin said:

Do you get a bowl of soup with that?

Nope. But the Texas Visor I have worn for 20+ years did not protect the back of my neck from skin cancer.  So this UT Bill Murray hat should help a little there...

10 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Nope. But the Texas Visor I have worn for 20+ years did not protect the back of my neck from skin cancer.  So this UT Bill Murray hat should help a little there...

Fair enough. I just had my first biopsy yesterday.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Fair enough. I just had my first biopsy yesterday.

I had basal cell, and Mohs surgery. Sort of a shocking size hole, but healed up nicely despite my tearing open the stitches. But in all honestly this hat has a smaller circumference but is much lighter weight than what I have now.  I now actually forgo sunscreen and instead wear lightweight columbia hoodies with neck gators so that about all you see is my sunglasses.  I spend all day fishing the surf sometimes and no amount of sunscreen can survive dawn to dusk in the surf.  And while it took a little getting used to I am sold on the sun protection.  So you may start looking at this UT gear...spacer.png

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2024 at 4:00 PM, horn4life said:

Almost more of a PSA- Got this UT Columbia fast dry hat for $22 at the Round Rock Columbia outlet store. I thought I was paying $35 so that was nice.

spacer.png

My official lawn mowing hat. Can confirm it works well.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Hook 'Em 2

What's a halfway decent office casual shirt material for wearing out in 110 degree Texas sun?

Looking for some $40-$60 shirts with at least one of them being Longhorns-related office casual.  

Generally speaking, 100% Polyester doesn't totally suck.  I like the Under Armour Tech shirts for cheap wear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JNFB51Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What's a halfway decent office casual shirt material for wearing out in 110 degree Texas sun?
Looking for some $40-$60 shirts with at least one of them being Longhorns-related office casual.  
Generally speaking, 100% Polyester doesn't totally suck.  I like the Under Armour Tech shirts for cheap wear.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JNFB51Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.ponchooutdoors.com/products/burnt-orange-short
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

how does it fit?  i tried another texas guayabera on and it fit like a box.  

I don't have any experience with that particular guayabera, but I believe guayaberas are meant to fit loose and boxy, right? They are designed that way because they are worn in hot, humid climates where you want ventilation.

I only have one guayabera, but I wear it open, with a colored t-shirt underneath that matches the color of the embroidery.  Looks spiffy.

GREAT shirts. I have bought a bunch for sales guys and throw the company logo on them. With cotton after they shrink, logo looks like trash within 3-4 washings. You can crank the water up to hot and all is well.

They seem to run about .25 to half a size bigger than some Nike ones I have in rotation.

On 6/15/2024 at 8:10 AM, horn4life said:

I had basal cell, and Mohs surgery. Sort of a shocking size hole, but healed up nicely despite my tearing open the stitches. But in all honestly this hat has a smaller circumference but is much lighter weight than what I have now.  I now actually forgo sunscreen and instead wear lightweight columbia hoodies with neck gators so that about all you see is my sunglasses.  I spend all day fishing the surf sometimes and no amount of sunscreen can survive dawn to dusk in the surf.  And while it took a little getting used to I am sold on the sun protection.  So you may start looking at this UT gear...spacer.png

Want. Where do I buy?

Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2024 at 9:23 AM, texas08 said:

I only see this one on the Columbia website

IMG_4395.thumb.png.ad3c1ae4211e3a7e9207ee5e1d25cea7.png

Academy has these in stock in Austin, as well as, the Texas Standard guayaberas mentioned above.

Edited by TxEx84

5 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

I actually liked the more burnt orange one a little more but didn’t find it. 

Got lucky and found this one in person to cover the bases. At first I didn’t like it through the online pics, but in person it’s a little better.

Longhorn and fish aren’t as obvious. So it looks more like burnt orange camo. One big plus, the huge Columbia PFG logo isn’t noticeable on the sleeve. Camo look is growing on me in person. For $50 and keeping me from being miserable after a few days? yeah I’m down.

IMG_4409.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 6/20/2024 at 10:00 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I bought one of these guayaberas for tailgate season. 50% cotton and 50% linen.  They also offer it in solid burnt orange with white embroidery. 

https://www.texas-standard.com/collections/tejas-guayabera/products/tejas-guayabera-burnt-orange

BOFullSquare.png?v=1620400244&width=1800 

Sin sal por favor...

16 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Got lucky and found this one in person to cover the bases. At first I didn’t like it through the online pics, but in person it’s a little better.

Longhorn and fish aren’t as obvious. So it looks more like burnt orange camo. One big plus, the huge Columbia PFG logo isn’t noticeable on the sleeve. Camo look is growing on me in person. For $50 and keeping me from being miserable after a few days? yeah I’m down.

IMG_4409.jpeg

Yes Grasshopper!

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, texas08 said:

IMG_4409.jpeg

I have probably a dozen of those type. Some I’ll probably never fully get the shad scales out. 

• Hook 'Em 2