What new UT gear are you looking to buy this year?

GhostOfTomJoad

23 hours ago, elguapo said:

I'm probably going to grab one of the Poncho outdoors burnt orange short sleeves. I see they have an "Original" and a "Western" version. Has anyone tried both and if so which do you prefer?

Original:

The Smokey

Western:

Product photo of the burnt orange short sleeve western shirt with pearl snaps

The western is my favorite shirt, in this color. Love the pearl snaps.

I have a bunch of ponchos and only buy the westerns now.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/2/2024 at 7:58 PM, deft said:

That’s dope. I literally just pulled the trigger on criquet gear in burnt orange.

I love my criquet Texas polo. Fits well, looks good.

I also have a Rhoback NC State one since I go to a couple games a season, and it's terrific, and they do a Texas one. More of a lightweight, breathable early season fabric.

https://rhoback.com/products/the-austin-performance-polo?variant=39549304897619

On 6/15/2024 at 7:25 AM, horn4life said:

Nope. But the Texas Visor I have worn for 20+ years did not protect the back of my neck from skin cancer.  So this UT Bill Murray hat should help a little there...

Damn, man. Hope you're doing much better today and it's gone. Skin cancer is no joke. 

On 8/7/2024 at 2:24 PM, Post Oak said:

I wish I liked Homefield's stuff more.

I like their stuff for other schools (NC State, Duke, and UNC consistently get good drops around here) but Texas never seems to get their best work.

I think they do best with schools with a big portfolio of vintage logos and an athletic department that gives them lots of freedom to work with them. Instead, that hand drawn longhorn they use for us does nothing for me.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I like their stuff for other schools (NC State, Duke, and UNC consistently get good drops around here) but Texas never seems to get their best work.

I think they do best with schools with a big portfolio of vintage logos and an athletic department that gives them lots of freedom to work with them. Instead, that hand drawn longhorn they use for us does nothing for me.

I tend to agree with this...especially if you're going to charge near 40-50$ for t-shirts it is not worth it. 

They do have some stuff i like such as the following:

image.png.7dfa237db563ad716067546ef2b371f8.pngimage.png.578bd3579713c8b2e6632f5fb8524eb4.pngimage.png.6d7bb01919fa01d27f78be8f7f2e62fd.png

Well that is pretty much it haha

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

My thing with them is that I don't care for the off white color shirts or black with burnt orange.  

The jacket is a 10.

I honestly like the cream, especially on sweatshirts. It's a cozy color.

17 hours ago, South Austin said:

Almost-50 white guy. They’re dope. Or fly. Or whatever.

Almost 60 (well, 56 this year and holy shit! how??!!😅) white Dad, here and I’m not a fan of these.

But then again, I grew up with the OG AM1, BW’s, ‘90’s, ‘95’s, etc. 

At any rate, give me Pegasus, they’re a helluva lot more comfortable for all day wear.

I can only wear the Poncho brand while wearing jeans and boots. I really like the look, but unless you’re in a suite for a September 2:30 KO, I’ll be wearing T-shirts and shorts.

Hook’em!!!

The short sleeve Poncho shirts are way more breathable than a cotton t-shirt.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Current favorite polo shirts are coming from Onward Reserve. My daughter is heading to Ole Miss for freshman year on Tuesday so I’m looking around for some Gameday attire. Saw this in Ole Miss and checked the Texas collection. It’s pretty solid and a nice change up from standard polo. (Also thinking of picking up a sold navy short sleeve Poncho and getting Ole Miss stenciled in (if I can find somebody to ignore the trademark).

31769bc99ce8445a147a152ba19d8e02.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

On 8/9/2024 at 7:26 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

I tend to agree with this...especially if you're going to charge near 40-50$ for t-shirts it is not worth it. 

They do have some stuff i like such as the following:

image.png.7dfa237db563ad716067546ef2b371f8.pngimage.png.578bd3579713c8b2e6632f5fb8524eb4.png

I agree with the general sentiment that Homefield has so much potential but most of the products are just meh. I own the bomber jacket and it's awesome but that's about it. I saw the box contents. Hard pass.

Poncho brand shirts are fucking awesome though. I just ordered the recent burnt orange pearl snap and I think I own close to 10-12 other ones. They've replaced my Columbia fishing shirts as my go-to casual wear. I told my wife last year: if Poncho was a stock my entire 401k would be in it. Great quality company that for whatever reason isn't getting enough love. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Current favorite polo shirts are coming from Onward Reserve. My daughter is heading to Ole Miss for freshman year on Tuesday so I’m looking around for some Gameday attire. Saw this in Ole Miss and checked the Texas collection. It’s pretty solid and a nice change up from standard polo. (Also thinking of picking up a sold navy short sleeve Poncho and getting Ole Miss stenciled in (if I can find somebody to ignore the trademark).

Peter Millar has a nice collection as well. 

11 hours ago, C-Man said:

ole miss has GREAT golf swag

Guess so - the black one already sold out in my size, so I’m sure they’ll be refreshing the stock all throughout football season. 

As far as their hoodies I really like ‘em, warm but not uncomfortably warm and hot, and they’re pretty dang soft. Feels more like a loose second shirt. Great for away game couch watching when the weather finally cools. 

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

How is the material for Rhoback? is it breathable? 

Rhoback is similar to every single other performance golf shirt out there. I've got a couple of their golf shirts but I prefer Peter Millar, Johnnie O, Stitch, Greyson and Onward Reserve.

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Rhoback is similar to every single other performance golf shirt out there. I've got a couple of their golf shirts but I prefer Peter Millar, Johnnie O, Stitch, Greyson and Onward Reserve.

The worst thing about Rhoback is that obnoxiously placed huge fucking dog logo on the shoulder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

The worst thing about Rhoback is that obnoxiously placed huge fucking dog logo on the shoulder.

Agreed. I love labs and have one myself -- but that logo is a bit much. I do like the color bar accent on the back neck of the shirts, though. They need to 86 the logo.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Great brands. I also like Sunday Swagger. Douche name for a company but I own a few of their performance shirts and they're the exact same quality as rhoback but better on price.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/11/2024 at 10:26 PM, tx 3 putt said:

ole miss has GREAT golf swag

My GF is a Georgia alum and bought me a Onward Reserve GA polo for the Ole Miss game in Athens last year. They fit perfect. Not like a tent you see with Peter Millar. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/11/2024 at 10:48 AM, C-Man said:

Dude, just buy an iron on Ole Miss logo and Bob’s your uncle. 

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

My GF is a Georgia alum and bought me a Onward Reserve GA polo for the Ole Miss game in Athens last year. They fit perfect. Not like a tent you see with Peter Millar. 

lot of nice stuff but those prices are crazy cray, especially Peter millar 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

I think Onward Reserve was started by Georgia grads (or fans) and the first store was either in Athens or Atlanta. In addition to many college football schools, you can get Waffle House-branded polos and pullovers if so inclined. I've found their Harris 5-pocket pants and performance shorts to be the best currently going.

• Hook 'Em 1