How Fox News works

retread

On 6/5/2024 at 12:21 AM, tx 3 putt said:

racist wonder showzen GIF

Is Watters implying that only black people could be a jury of Hunter’s peers bc they also carry guns, do coke and have huge dicks? 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Pancho said:

ChatGPT - here are analytic results that I want. Create me some evidence. Feel free to play it loose with the facts from sketchy sources including Twitter accounts with single digit follower counts.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

'Space'

Yeah, I noticed that.  Even 'Nuclear' is vague.  Do they mean our Nuclear Warhead Arsenal because that's not DoD, that's DoE.   And how much does it cost to type "Force" after "Space?"  I think their graphics team put in about much effort as the researchers did.  Other shocker is that 'Space' didn't rank higher, since Trump invented 'Space.'  Space is yuge.  Some say even bigger than Trump Tower.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So you're saying there's literally a factor in their report called 'Space Football'?  Is Bugs Bunny in it?  

There is 'Nuclear Football' and we let a guy keep it in his bathroom for awhile.  

Edited by YGIFS

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Arbitrary, pulled from ass. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Given that any one of our nuke subs could end the world, what exactly does it take to be a strong navy?

They can argue about this or that branch but at the end of the day we have over 3,000 nuclear weapons and we have the ability to deliver a Burger King to any combat theater in the world.  We aren’t hurting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It had to have been drawn before dinner because that crayon was nonexistent after dinner. 

What the hell is that stuck in your nose LCpl Johnson? Is that...is that a Crayola?  Dammit, somebody call a Corpsman.  

Here's the link to the executive summary: 

https://www.heritage.org/military-strength/assessment-us-military-power/conclusion#:~:text=In the aggregate%2C America's overall,strength is therefore not sufficient

It's basically just a long way of saying "Biden is under-funding out military!"  It does a decent job of listing out current fleets, fixed wing assets, etc.  But says how many more we need, but it doesn't really say we need them just that we have to spend more money to get them for reasons unknown.  If this had come from Rand or AEI or a handful of others, I'd take it a lot more seriously.  But considering one of the co-authors focus at Heritage is pro-life legislation, I'm not sure how much weight this should carry.  What with all the 'Space Nuclear' issues going on right now...

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Given that any one of our nuke subs could end the world, what exactly does it take to be a strong navy?

Well, first you make a roux 

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

What the hell is that stuck in your nose LCpl Johnson? Is that...is that a Crayola?  Dammit, somebody call a Corpsman.  

image.gif.6026a1dccd9853be50f1a2d16e89a2d7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Gettng half your Black Sea fleet sunk by a country with no boats? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Apparently having five times as many aircraft carriers as Russia and China combined doesn’t qualify. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

We’re not bad mouthing Burger King in here now are we? 

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Home of the motherfuckin’ Whopper, bitches.

Trash

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

thumb-95-scaled.jpg

This is still one of my biggest proof points that we live in a simulation. This photo should only be AI generated, yet it was “real”. 

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

We’re not bad mouthing Burger King in here now are we? 

Fuck right off with Burger King. What is this?  Amateur hour?

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

BK?

no man GIF

Well of course, he wouldn't support BK.  He gets paid to do the drywall for that new McDonald's up in Las Colinas.  You don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Unless it's with two chicks at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well of course, he wouldn't support BK.  He gets paid to do the drywall for that new McDonald's up in Las Colinas.  You don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Unless it's with two chicks at the same time. 

I worked for a month in Las Colinas and every day on my drive in I would run through that scene in my mind. 

• Haha 4

Mike Judge went to a lot of trouble to make most of the movie look like "generic industrial park/chain restaurant/typical apartment complex, USA"  We all recognize some of the filming locations because we know Austin and Dallas, but to most viewers...it could be anywhere.  But when Lawrence says "Las Colinas", my first thought was "Man, he's getting awfully drunk for a guy who's gotta make a 3-4 hour drive in the morning to do 9 hours of manual labor and then drive 3-4 hours back."  

Csb/ A girl I dated lived in those apartments off Metric (can't recall the name).  I came over one day and she swore the dude already there was just offering her some magazine subscriptions.  But I had my suspicions.  

Yeah, he gave a different name and pretended he was a crackhead.  None of his story checked out.  Which I think is why he made an ideal fact-checker at FoxNews years later.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Csb/ A girl I dated lived in those apartments off Metric (can't recall the name).  I came over one day and she swore the dude already there was just offering her some magazine subscriptions.  But I had my suspicions.  

She say he’s just a friend?

image.jpeg.d6ec6cddfcb537adf31cee238953773c.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2024 at 10:33 AM, atomheartbevo said:

They can argue about this or that branch but at the end of the day we have over 3,000 nuclear weapons and we have the ability to deliver a Burger King to any combat theater in the world.  We aren’t hurting. 

Amateurs talk strategy. Professionals talk ability to drop a Burger King into combat theater. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Mike Judge went to a lot of trouble to make most of the movie look like "generic industrial park/chain restaurant/typical apartment complex, USA"  We all recognize some of the filming locations because we know Austin and Dallas,

I remember them blocking off the street in front of where I worked for one scene, and making a temporary sidewalk.  Still chuckle when I see it.

On 6/9/2024 at 2:03 PM, YGIFS said:

Maybe she wanted two dudes at the same time.  Watch your cornhole.

This could go here or the immigration thread. The local Austin Fox affiliate has been hammering immigration since the Biden admin order. They usually steer clear of hot button political topics, but someone up on high seems to have made them focus on it. “ITS NOT WORKING!!!1!!”

Yeah, it’s been like a couple of weeks. Maybe it’s not a magic pill?  Or maybe the republicans shouldn’t have blocked an actual bipartisan bill that maybe would have worked better?

When it gets to the local media like this, people who don’t normally pay attention start to hear it. And it could very well affect their vote. 

Edited by Biff Tannen