How Fox News works

retread

7 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Chachi and Vance should compare notes.

IMG_0129.jpeg

The shit he says publicly about Erin Moran is so tacky. Remember when he said he wasn't surprised she died of a heroin overdose when he heard she had passed, except she hadn't? She died of fucking cancer, and that was his reaction. Fuck Scott Baio.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

'Cow Toe', Stephon?  

-Yeah, it's like that thing where your the cushions on your leather sofa are poof'd together so tight that it creates this obvious slit that makes you just wanna slide it in.  

she does a great job on that show, she actually punches back and has facts and figures to back it up... but I don't know how the fuck she keeps from just rolling out of her chair in that group of dumbass nimrods

200w (12).gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

Jessica Tarlov is the Washington Generals of The Five.  Earnestly trying to play basketball while the globetrotters are just fucking around.

She must have a domination fetish that destroying that stupid hack Gutfield and drunkard Pinero lets her live out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I watch the local Fox affiliate (Fox 7) every morning for local news (mostly weather because Zack Shields is good).

The past two weeks (and especially this morning), they have been piping in WAY more “national” news about the election, dotard, and the economy from the larger Fox apparatus. It’s starting to piss me off. 

This morning specifically, they talked about Harris leading in the polls and then had a random clip from some Fox News person saying how her rallies were propped up by AI. That was it. No questioning it, just let it hang there and went on to the next story. Fucking bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I watch the local Fox affiliate (Fox 7) every morning for local news (mostly weather because Zack Shields is good).

The past two weeks (and especially this morning), they have been piping in WAY more “national” news about the election, dotard, and the economy from the larger Fox apparatus. It’s starting to piss me off. 

This morning specifically, they talked about Harris leading in the polls and then had a random clip from some Fox News person saying how her rallies were propped up by AI. That was it. No questioning it, just let it hang there and went on to the next story. Fucking bullshit. 

That’s infuriating when a local news goes full partisan like this.

if they want to devote the time to talk about the accusations, like AI pics, of one side towards the other, that’s an acceptable story. However you have to work towards the story ending on the truth.

Word must be coming down from senior Fox (murdochs) that Trump is in trouble. At least that part is good that they believe it.

On 8/9/2024 at 6:52 PM, Red Five said:

I'm ready to declare Watters the "punchable face" champion in perpetuity. Just look at that thing. And imagine your fist wrecking it, and how good it would feel.

This is just recency bias. He's got a long way to go to catch Tucker.

On 8/9/2024 at 7:12 PM, Blotto said:

I mean if we're talking real money here. 

Jesse is too stupid to have anything like this going. Dude is dumber than Don Lemon. He's basically a real-life Ron Burgundy.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That’s infuriating when a local news goes full partisan like this.

if they want to devote the time to talk about the accusations, like AI pics, of one side towards the other, that’s an acceptable story. However you have to work towards the story ending on the truth.

Word must be coming down from senior Fox (murdochs) that Trump is in trouble. At least that part is good that they believe it.

I'm sure that's coming down from on top. Does big Fox own all the local Fox affiliates? If not, yours might be owned by uber-right Sinclair Broadcast Group.

The Fox affiliate in Dallas looks so low-rent, it's comical. I do like Mike Doocy though.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'm sure that's coming down from on top. Does big Fox own all the local Fox affiliates?

KDFW (Fox4 DFW) is owned by Fox, but for the most part they don't air the one sided FOX News stuff. They run generic feed type of reporting. ymmv

• Like 1

Doesn't Sinclair own like 90% of all local news programs? They tend to get off lightly in the warping American minds department. More people watch local news than FOX.

They're not as aggressively destructive as Murdoch, but they have a pretty clear lean.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I swore off of Fox 7 about 4-5 years ago from this same shit. The national FOX spin has been going on for a while, it's not new. I was a morning news fan of theirs for a good year or two, mostly just to see Tania Ortega in action around town, but after a few instances of them sharing obviously slanted bullshit from the national cable station, I decided that was enough. I liked their anchor, forget the white dude's name, he seemed like a cool dad and sports fan, but them sharing national stories with a Fox Cable News spin was bullshit. It's 2024, the media problems in this country are well documented by now. 

On 8/13/2024 at 11:50 AM, aggie08 said:

Doesn't Sinclair own like 90% of all local news programs? They tend to get off lightly in the warping American minds department. More people watch local news than FOX.

They're not as aggressively destructive as Murdoch, but they have a pretty clear lean.

They use the same scripted shit to intro their stories across the country. Just watch the video to see all the stations saying the exact same thing about how “misinformation is dangerous to democracy.”

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

“misinformation is dangerous to democracy.”

They get that one right at least. They've managed to erode reality itself for most of their audience. 

The British occupying DC and burning the White House was a much lower threat than the constant right wing disinformation campaign.  

Only one of them represents an actual threat to the existence of the United States. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1