How Fox News works

retread

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

The most hilarious part is the rumor was about weatheford, in a county that has a full Trump billboard, voted 80% trump both times, hates any and all non whites. That’s where the dems launched a registration scheme. It’s so beautiful. 

all of this, she’s bat shit crazy 

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I know it's kind of silly, but wouldn't a real news network suspend/and or fire a on air reporter/news anchor for blatantly lying and making shit up?  

You mine like half a dozen of their reporters did last election, and it cost them almost a billion dollars? You mean like what Jesse Watters does every time he's on the air?

Besides, by their own lawyers, they're not a news network. They are cable entertainment. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

You mine like half a dozen of their reporters did last election, and it cost them almost a billion dollars? You mean like what Jesse Watters does every time he's on the air?

Besides, by their own lawyers, they're not a news network. They are cable entertainment. 

Which is why I still wish Dominion wouldn’t have settled. Or that part of the settlement would have been that Fox ran a disclaimer before every show saying they are for entertainment purposes only and not a real news channel. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The problem is that they know exactly how words work, and how they work on people, backed up by thousands of years of evidence. 

Exactly this. Actual reality exposes the GOP as cruel, selfish and craven. Actual reality clearly shows that the GOP only benefits the billionaire class and fucks the poor and middle class.

There's a lot more of us than there is of them, so Fox and other right wing media decided to undermine the nature of reality itself. 

In order to do that, They first had to understand actual reality and how words can be used to distort and destroy it.

Watters represents the next generation of right wing media. A reprehensible human being, who has also drunk the Kool-Aid and also happens to be an ignorant idiot. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Do they really think we're this stupid? The fucking Weatherford DMV? Please. 

Everyone knows if you're looking for immigrants to illegally register to vote, you go to the parking lot at Home Depot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

oops

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He is referring to black and brown people’s guns since they are criminals.  White people’s guns are safe since they are upstanding citizens. 

This is 100% correct.  "Stop and Frisk" is a dog whistle of whose guns he's OK with confiscating.  And his base is OK with confiscating those guns, too.  This won't move the needle.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/20/2024 at 1:33 PM, SydneyCarton said:

The problem is that they know exactly how words work, and how they work on people, backed up by thousands of years of evidence. 

To expand on this a little bit more for our brethren, note how they use violent and violent adjacent terms when speaking of Democratic Party officials and voters, how they manipulate their audience with fear of loss, exploit xenophobia, and promote any morally bankrupt huckster as long as they can lie with a straight face.   They know their viewers are in a cult.  They could tell them that fish taste like apples and their followers will just go along with it out of fear of being out of step from their cultish identity.   It is really a fascinating thing to observer as long as we don't consider the consequences.   This cultish behavior is how people get manipulated into putting people into ovens.  

God is such a shitty designer.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He is referring to black and brown people’s guns since they are criminals.  White people’s guns are safe since they are upstanding citizens. 

8 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This is 100% correct.  "Stop and Frisk" is a dog whistle of whose guns he's OK with confiscating.  And his base is OK with confiscating those guns, too.  This won't move the needle.

Yep. I experience this phenomenon first hand. The clutching of pearls anytime I tell anyone from my suburb I also own assault rifles. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 8/20/2024 at 12:03 PM, Pancho said:

Its not about election integrity or truth or informing the public, its about creating enough chaos that the voting system shuts down.  Its people phoning in fake fires all around town so the trucks are answering those calls instead of responding to real fires.  Then they can point at the fire department and say, "Why didn't you stop the real fires?"  Its manipulating reality to fit the view that A) all government run agencies are inherently inept and fatally flawed and B) elections in the US are a sham.

I'd like to say I think it is so that the spoiled man-child on the R ticket can avoid having to face that he didn't win something, but I think Trump is largely irrelevant.  The goal of the most insidious of the people who "support Trump" is to dismantle the government.  Trump is just a useful tool to make progress towards that.  Their view of our shared world is more aligned with Timothy McVeigh's or Ted Kaczynski's than my own.

That used to depress the fuck out of me, but as it becomes more apparent as to what is going on, I am seeing more people reject it.  For every person it energizes and brings in, three are repulsed and driven away.  That's taken from the people in my orbit in Colorado and Texas, but I think we are seeing evidence that something like this is the general trend nationally.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Goredho said:

That used to depress the fuck out of me, but as it becomes more apparent as to what is going on, I am seeing more people reject it.  For every person it energizes and brings in, three are repulsed and driven away.  That's taken from the people in my orbit in Colorado and Texas, but I think we are seeing evidence that something like this is the general trend nationally.

Elections are college football now and we're in offseason recruiting mode. It's all about momentum. 

Dems made the sexy new coach hire and her coaching staff is kicking ass. The new OC is running an actual offense for the first time since LBJ and it is exciting.  

The GOP is still stuck with the same old coach with the same old playbook. 

We've all seen how this typically plays out, but run through the back of the end zone just to be safe. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

She's been in the situation room plenty, with several generals.  If you took a poll of each of them and asked them who's smarter, Harris or Trump, it would be 100% for Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

Do they still pretend with the "fair and balanced" stuff? Or did that go by the wayside sometime around November of 2016.

They ditched it for something like "You know we're RIGHT!"