How Fox News works

retread

23 hours ago, mdmost said:

So then I guess I'll ask, what exactly is Trump going to do or has he proposed that he will do to bring down the price of groceries? Tariffs on imports? Grocery stores will just magically lower their prices because he takes over?

Obviously you deport all the people who pick the fruits and vegetables.

FB_IMG_1729180029424.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Fuck you.

I go to the grocery store. My wife wouldn’t be caught dead in Costco or HEB. I know the coupon calendar at Costco and remember when a case of Kirkland water was 1.99 and when HEB sparkling water was 2.99 a 12 pack.

But also, I feel sorry for those who don’t get to go shopping by themselves at the grocery store.

I get to 2-3 hours of by myself if I double up on Costco and HEB. 

$2 hotdog and Pepsi for lunch. A
Beer while shopping at HEB. 

Bonus pts for An accessional hot mom in yoga pants or a braless chick in the refrigerated fruit section at Costco.

There are worse ways to spend your time.

This. I do damn near all the shopping in our household and I fucking love it. My wife picks up some stuff for herself at Whole Foods. My HEB doesn't have beer, which is fine since I roll early on Saturdays or Sundays, but there's typically 6-8 hot women to ogle, and I get a good hour or hour and a half to myself listening to earbuds. I'll never understand guys who hate doing the grocery shopping. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This. I do damn near all the shopping in our household and I fucking love it. My wife picks up some stuff for herself at Whole Foods. My HEB doesn't have beer, which is fine since I roll early on Saturdays or Sundays, but there's typically 6-8 hot women to ogle, and I get a good hour or hour and a half to myself listening to earbuds. I'll never understand guys who hate doing the grocery shopping. 

Same. I do almost all of the cooking in our house. My wife usually makes a salad every night for herself with perhaps some chicken I've cooked during the week. I'm on my own so I do my own shopping. Hit Central Market multiple times per week and then she gets things I can't at Tom Thumb (Coke Zero, mainly). I also do the occasional Trader Joe's run and Whole Foods is on the way home from my office downtown on those rare times I go in and need something from WF.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2024 at 4:20 PM, C-Man said:

Same. I do almost all of the cooking in our house. My wife usually makes a salad every night for herself with perhaps some chicken I've cooked during the week. I'm on my own so I do my own shopping. Hit Central Market multiple times per week and then she gets things I can't at Tom Thumb (Coke Zero, mainly). I also do the occasional Trader Joe's run and Whole Foods is on the way home from my office downtown on those rare times I go in and need something from WF.

I do most of the shopping trips to HEB because I cook.

My wife does most of the shopping trips to Trader Joe's, because she does NOT cook.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do most of the shopping trips to HEB because I cook.

My wife does most of the shopping trips to Trader Joe's, because she does NOT cook.

I get the microwavable jasmine rice, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, canola oil and a few other random things from TJ.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I get the microwavable jasmine rice, dark chocolate peanut butter cups, canola oil and a few other random things from TJ.

Yeah, I dig me some TJs for some things (their prepared curry sauces are one of my "quick dinner" cheat codes, for example), but it's a store made for people who like prepared meals or almost-complete meals.  Oh, and some of their seasonings are damned fine -- Everything but the Bagel, and this stuff is fucking AMAZING:

3wnfgk88bv1qzsengslcp1874ad7?width=800&h

How's that for a thread tangent?

Fox News watchers are pussies who can't handle that spice.

• Drool 1

On 10/17/2024 at 12:31 PM, SydneyCarton said:

There is a zero percent chance she will select the steak or fajitas I would. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I dig me some TJs for some things (their prepared curry sauces are one of my "quick dinner" cheat codes, for example), but it's a store made for people who like prepared meals or almost-complete meals.  Oh, and some of their seasonings are damned fine -- Everything but the Bagel, and this stuff is fucking AMAZING:

3wnfgk88bv1qzsengslcp1874ad7?width=800&h

How's that for a thread tangent?

Fox News watchers are pussies who can't handle that spice.

Will try the seasoning.

I love TJ when we camp every year in California. That spatchcocked chicken is money. All the pre marinated meats are tasty. ( I never buy Heb pre-marinated stuff) It's an enjoyable shopping experience but at home it's 90% Heb for me.

The seasonal Lemon Alfredo Sauce is amazing. I can't buy the peanut butter pretzels because I'll accidentally the whole thing.