2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I really haven’t been paying attention to a record lately.
Holy hell. 46-22...with this roster for the past ~2 weeks. If “AAAA” we’re defined, this current 25 man would be it: half the guys on any given day were in AAA at the beginning of the season, and half were with the big league club. And the team is 8-2 in their last 10... and the L10 seems to be pegged at 8-2 this entire season regardless who puts on the uniform

Like 2017, I’m just going to do my damndest to enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts.

It’s June 11. We still haven’t lost a home series in 2019... or for that matter, any series since May 2.

It’s glorious.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I really haven’t been paying attention to a record lately.
Holy hell. 46-22...with this roster for the past ~2 weeks. If “AAAA” we’re defined, this current 25 man would be it: half the guys on any given day were in AAA at the beginning of the season, and half were with the big league club. And the team is 8-2 in their last 10... and the L10 seems to be pegged at 8-2 this entire season regardless who puts on the uniform

Like 2017, I’m just going to do my damndest to enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts.

It’s June 11. We still haven’t lost a home series in 2019... or for that matter, any series since May 2.

It’s glorious.

The roster at full health is just gonna be batshit crazy. Imagine if Tucker keeps raking, he has to force his way into the lineup at some point. Maybe they can try playing Reddick at 1B. 

11 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The roster at full health is just gonna be batshit crazy. Imagine if Tucker keeps raking, he has to force his way into the lineup at some point. Maybe they can try playing Reddick at 1B. 

our depth is so crazy that tucker has 21 homers and hasn't been called up yet, with 4 regular bats on the il.

ok, so here's the tuesday report:

with tonight's milwaukee win, we clinch (at worst) a split in the series.  it's june 11th, and the last series we lost started in april. 

that will also be true on june 15th, which is nutso.

current homestand is 3-1, halfway home.  verlander goes for a sweep of milwaukee and clinches at least a .500 homestand.  then we get toronto for 3.

in our 33 game stretch from when our injuries got nasty up thru the asb (when we hope everyone will be back), we are currently 9-2 with 22 remaining (a third of the way home).

that 9-2 stretch includes fairly minimal production from brantley and bregs, and some really shitty stretches from our best bullpen arms.  

this week (mon-fri) should be a solid rest for our pen.  they needed it.  no osuna tonight was nice.  so was limited pressly.

we started 2-5.  we're 44-17 since.  that's a .721 clip if you're scoring at home.  .721 gets you 117 wins, but our actual winning pct (.676) only projects to 109.5 wins.

my favorite word i've seen so far to describe yordan alvarez: "unfair".

let's go.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, so here's the tuesday report:

with tonight's milwaukee win, we clinch (at worst) a split in the series.  it's june 11th, and the last series we lost started in april. 

that will also be true on june 15th, which is nutso.

current homestand is 3-1, halfway home.  verlander goes for a sweep of milwaukee and clinches at least a .500 homestand.  then we get toronto for 3.

in our 33 game stretch from when our injuries got nasty up thru the asb (when we hope everyone will be back), we are currently 9-2 with 22 remaining (a third of the way home).

that 9-2 stretch includes fairly minimal production from brantley and bregs, and some really shitty stretches from our best bullpen arms.  

this week (mon-fri) should be a solid rest for our pen.  they needed it.  no osuna tonight was nice.  so was limited pressly.

we started 2-5.  we're 44-17 since.  that's a .721 clip if you're scoring at home.  .721 gets you 117 wins, but our actual winning pct (.676) only projects to 109.5 wins.

my favorite word i've seen so far to describe yordan alvarez: "unfair".

let's go.

The salad days, as they say. 

8 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

So we lose 1-0 in a Yelich HR, because if there are two things that are certain, JV won’t get run support and he’s going to give yo a solo HR.

You shut you whore mouth! (You’re dead on though given the history) 😐

• Like 1

What I don't understand is how this team was 11 games above .500 at home all of last year and this team is 16 games above .500 at home and has only played 42% of their home schedule so far.

Because we sucked at home last year.
I’m honestly shocked to see the team finished 11 games over at home

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Sometimes the best move is the move not made. Good summary of the pirate’s archer trade. I hope he turns it around.
https://apple.news/AXluHaf00T8afRwUi-zfpRg

Never wanted Archer....just like I don't really want Stroman either. /noracist #ILoveTonyKemp #BlackBaseballPlayers Matter

there have been a lot of pitchers we 'almost' traded for the last 2-3 years.

we got: verlander, cole, pressly, osuna

we didn't get: gray, quintana, britton, archer, paxton, others i'm sure i'm forgetting...

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we didn't get: gray, quintana, britton, archer, paxton, others i'm sure i'm forgetting...

Do you remember the details about what we supposedly offered for Paxton? I don't remember reading about us being involved in negotiations for him.

Paxton and Britton are the only ones who have performed worth a damn since traded. 

9 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Do you remember the details about what we supposedly offered for Paxton? I don't remember reading about us being involved in negotiations for him.

Paxton and Britton are the only ones who have performed worth a damn since traded. 

i don't think we had an offer out for paxton.  or sonny gray or quintana.  but those were all names discussed as potential targets that all went elsewhere while we did nothing (july 2017).  of course i didn't know we had a deal on the table for verlander until he was an astro, then wasn't, then was, so who knows.

i just remember at the time being pissed that the yankees were able to get gray, when the rumor mill had the a's asking for the sun and the moon from us, then taking relatively low prospects from the yankees.  seemed like that was happening a lot.

and i would say both paxton and britton have been fairly average since getting traded.  britton also was pretty shitty after not getting traded, not to mention banged up.  verlander has lapped the field, and it's not really close.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I fully expect those Arlington assholes to resurrect the thread of hate thread any day now.

Good.  Let the fuckers have hope...