2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

trucker hat round 2 update - hats arrived today at printing place.  should be printed and ready for pickup by 8/27 (in one week) and so i should be able to ship round 2 by mid next week.

most of round 1 went out yesterday, although i missed a couple people's pm's so i'll do my best to get them out by end of week.  worst case, they'll all go out together next tues/wed.

so far about half of the 12/12 are spoken for, so please pm me if you want in.

2 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Can he still be our 8th inning guy?
Move Pressly or Harris as our Osuna replacement of if he (Osuna) pulls a Giles in October.

You mean 'cause of the 8th ball, man?  

31 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Just go ahead and IL him so we can call up Tucker to play 1b, move Yuli to 3b and Bregman to SS.

This. If couple days are good, ten is better. We aren't catching the Dodgers with Jack freaking Mayfield in the lineup. Let Tucker come see what he can do. Can't hurt. Could help. And I keep seeing a Sept 1 call up for him and possible post season roster consideration, but don't you have to be on the roster Aug 31 to be eligible or was that just the old trade deadline rules? I'll hang up and listen.

This. If couple days are good, ten is better. We aren't catching the Dodgers with Jack freaking Mayfield in the lineup. Let Tucker come see what he can do. Can't hurt. Could help. And I keep seeing a Sept 1 call up for him and possible post season roster consideration, but don't you have to be on the roster Aug 31 to be eligible or was that just the old trade deadline rules? I'll hang up and listen.
He's eligible regardless since he's already on the 40 man roster. That's the August 31st deadline, 40 man or 60 day IL and not the 25 man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reddick is so fucking bad.  If you actually dive into the statistics for everyday OF's he is probably easily overall a bottom 5 guy.....maybe even bottom 3,

On the flipside Brantley is a bad mofo and top 5 guy even with Bellinger/Acuna/Yelich blowing up and taking those top 3 spots pretty easily.  We see him everyday, but Brantley is quietly putting together an amazing season.  

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Bullshit.  There have been plenty of times they didn’t immediately put Glass Pussy on the DL/IL only to have him miss 6+ weeks 

Fair enough. I also seem to remember that last season's injury started out as a "we just need to get him a day or two off" and then ended up being something that rendered him ineffective for the remainder of the year. 

And I can’t fucking believe we are in the same exact spot in the infield for the next 8 days that we were in June...and this time without Tyler White.

I’m betting Tanielu gets a call up...unless they want to roll with Yuli at first with no realistic backup, but that forces you to split Mayfield and Straw at SS through the Rays series.