2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Was in the right field tunnel on Sunday getting ready for the buddies parade with my kids and noticed this in an equipment room
I was impressed they are already planning the ceremony to commemorate Yordan’s career HR total

e9d8fdd95b3f215fc7db40a7b1ac95d8.jpg

In all seriousness, if he plays the same number of games as Aaron, he’s on pace for 1,155 career HRs

• Like 2

Round Rock takes one more step to playing a little more in to September (regular season ends 9/2)
Beats SA again tonight. Lead up to 3 over SA with 6 games left (2 more against SA).

Win the division and the first round of the playoffs runs 9/4-9/8 (9/7 and 9/8 if necessary).
Win that and the PCL championship series goes from 9/10-9/15 (9/14 and 9/15 if necessary).

Other than a spot starter or reliever or two, gotta think the rest of the guys stay down until the express season is over.

But don’t want tucker right now anyway. Never mind Reddick showing life, Tucker is on one of his (becoming more and more worrisome) cold streaks.
6-34 (.176) in his last 10 games with no pop: 5 singles and 1 double. But Ks and BBs are manageable. 7 Ks, 8 BBs over that stretch.

7 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

But don’t want tucker right now anyway. Never mind Reddick showing life, Tucker is on one of his (becoming more and more worrisome) cold streaks.
6-34 (.176) in his last 10 games with no pop: 5 singles and 1 double. But Ks and BBs are manageable. 7 Ks, 8 BBs over that stretch.

He is streaky, but I can also imagine that he might be disappointed that others got call ups over him and his attitude might be affecting his hitting. It's gotta be tough knowing you didn't do well your first time and not getting another chance, while others who you've been ahead of get called up. The reality of a minor leaguer. 

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

It's very cool that we did this for Charlie and for Marwin when he came back.

I can't wait for the Great White tribute before Game 1 of the World Series.

Edited by WBT

10 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Yeah no
The “big 3” (HOU, NYY, LAD) flexing some muscle tonight
currently outscoring their opponent’s by a combined score of 29-1.

Yeah, but we did it against a playoff caliber team starting their ace. 

12 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We play to the level of competition see Baltimore and Detroit losses that were the biggest upsets in the past 15 years 

good thing we don't have maryland on the schedule this year - oh, you meant the astros?

They have always been that way the past 4 or 5 yrs. Everyone always scared of aces, but we smack the fuck out of them typically (other than Paxton recently)

Kluber
Sale
King Felix back a few yrs ago
Bauer
Kershaw
Hamels
Etc.

But against the fucking rookies that have a 6.66 era we get almost no hit it seems like

And I have no insight or inside info on this but I get the feeling the blue jays traded Biagini to help keep him from getting his ass kicked... I don’t think the “funny guy” stuff ever turns off...at least not when there is even the slightest chance the public may be in sight/earshot:
I’m walking past the dugout Sunday during the buddies parade. he’s walking out from the clubhouse and there are a couple of female photographers in the dugout. He loudly announces, “I said no pictures... no photos...thank you.” And walks by them covering up his ass with his hands/glove

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Walked out of our crew room to go to the gate and Josh and that blue jay scrub were walking past to make an appearance for employees. And looked thrilled to be there.948cc714e009172b3f1261ada7bf8eb3.jpg

"hey josh, go get 3 hits tonight and i promise you won't have to do that public appearance shit tomorrow."

"oh shit, sorry, you're still going lol." 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Did Todd Kalas just say " Nolan Ryan in the midst of a shutout got tossed"??????

Did Kalas say Ryan when he meant Verlander, or was he telling a story?  Because Nolan did get ejected in the 8th inning of a shutout:

https://www.deseret.com/1992/8/7/18998380/ryan-gets-tossed-in-8th-inning-after-beaning-wilson-on-the-leg