Chicken Fried Steak

Limp Brisket

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look - we like our eggs a similar way.

Oh, no doubt.  My young wife insisted over easy wasn't flipped, though.  I'll cook it or eat it either way, but don't bitch at me when you wanted sunny side up but asked me for over easy, honey.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

We call it closing the eye. We spoon the hot grease over the egg instead of flipping it over. Fried egg with a runny yolk for the win.

On a related topic, I saw Bobby Flay poach eggs in olive oil the other day.  Seemed a little excessive, but I have to admit I'm curious as to how they taste.

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

On a related topic, I saw Bobby Flay poach eggs in olive oil the other day.  Seemed a little excessive, but I have to admit I'm curious as to how they taste.

I think we use whatever oil is convenient, don’t recall there being much if any difference. Bacon grease, now that makes a difference, even if it’s psychological:)

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Giada took care of that for you.

Told my wife about that story and the world fucking changed for her.

" I thought he was a nice guy."  

Well yeah, all he did was have sex...

Edited by Iceman

34 minutes ago, Iceman said:

He had sex with lots of young hot women...and didn't marry them.

Married women just love that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Giada is also well known for having spit buckets all over the set so she can spit out every morsel to maintain that anorexic figure. I wonder if she spit Bobby’s bodily fluids into a bucket or just in the floor.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Look - we like our eggs a similar way. I'm sure @Deej wouldn't bitch about over easy and vice versa. 

If this goes any further I'm hiring an attorney. 

I threw some cholula in there and dipped a piece of toast in. Just seemed like a lot of gravy and I already have all my condiment ratios down for the CFS breakfast. 

You don’t have your black pepper ratio down properly 

5 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

My question is if a place has killer gravy, they should also have killer biscuits. I’m noticing a tsunami of toast and dearth of biscuitry.

They have biscuits..I like toast for mopping up the yolks.

They have biscuits..I like toast for mopping up the yolks.

Ok that makes sense. I’d get half toast and a biscuit. Although some of these joints charge 5 bucks for a la carte biscuit or toast. And that circles back to that Jack Nicholson scene.

If you are ever in Longview I highly recommend Divine Catering for a CFS and other home style/soul food. Everything on the menu is great and the CFS covers the plate properly. It is on the south side on Mobberly Avenue in a non descript unassuming building. You will thank me later.

I will take pics the next time I am there which most likely will be next week as I found this thread while in China. I currently have an overnight layover in Seoul.

And no, Clevernickname never finished his tunneling to China for us to meet up before I left.

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 10:25 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

It looks like they moved way up north. Off Washington to near the horse track. 

I’m glad they bounced back. The bottom shelf Restaurant Depot dishes, and off colored white cream gravy is definitely Hickory Hollow. 

fwiw they had two locations for a long time. that wasn't a move.

• Hook 'Em 1