Chicken Fried Steak

Limp Brisket

Hamilton, Texas. It’s at the Circle T arena. They have a hotel there as well, great place to stay if you are in that area. The calf fries are an appetizer, the steaks are damn good too.  One night I had the filet with blue cheese.

276274E6-4CE4-4DF1-888E-B2C6BC7BBAE0.jpeg

A84E34AC-6C74-4AEC-A263-D39377722471.jpeg

Edited by RMac5

I had nightmares about that picture after seeing it yesterday. Woke up screaming at 3:00 a.m. when an unlicensed dermatologist in an abandoned mental hospital used a steak knife to make an incision on a poor person without health insurance's chest and a huge cyst exploded out. I tried to ease my mind by convincing myself if you rotate the plate a bit to the right it's really just a happy face with two eyes and a mouth that just blew a record setting chewing gum bubble that popped. But then I noticed the happy face must not have set the record and wasn't happy at all because it's obvious the failure resulted an angry dad's left hook that turned the right eye black. 

I'm going to have to get chicken fried steak for lunch to make the world right. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Masshole Horn said:

CFC.thumb.jpg.abe61725f246eeb65525f5497bf66cf3.jpg

Chicken Fried Chicken Thigh... brined, mash, squash, gravy was awesome.

So 1st post didn't seem to work. 

There is no CFC. Period. End. Of. Story. FC or nothing. Are you a communist? Healthy vegetables in this thread. Get the fuq out. Gravy game seems strong so Steelshank will have some mercy on your soul.

• Haha 1

There is no CFC. Period. End. Of. Story. FC or nothing. Are you a communist? Healthy vegetables in this thread. Get the fuq out. Gravy game seems strong so Steelshank will have some mercy on your soul.

Yeah, the gravy on my chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes was good.

6 hours ago, Shaddie said:

I too think this is just fried chicken not cfc water the fuck that is.  I’ll give a pass on the squash if it was fried to bacon grease.

Fried chicken is chicken on the bone, battered, and fried in grease or oil.

A fried chicken cutlet, is not that.  So it can't be called the same thing.

If you don't like calling it chicken-fried-chicken that's fine, call it something else.  But if you invite me over to your house and say you're serving "fried chicken" and instead you serve a fried chicken cutlet, I'm gonna throw a coke on you.

I'll still eat it though.  I like chicken fried chicken.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, utee94 said:

If you don't like calling it chicken-fried-chicken that's fine, call it something else.  But if you invite me over to your house and say you're serving "fried chicken" and instead you serve a fried chicken cutlet, I'm gonna throw a coke on you.

Yup. 

chicken fried chicken is cutlet

fried chicken is with bones and all parts of the body. 

8 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Let’s get this back on track …

image.thumb.jpeg.0a61a7eee47114cca5c33fba2731a586.jpeg
Double mashed potatoes and milk gravy without any “medley” of inappropriate vegetables.

Richter’s Antler Cafe in Spring Branch.

Finally. Some goddamn sense made on this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Let’s get this back on track …

image.thumb.jpeg.0a61a7eee47114cca5c33fba2731a586.jpeg
Double mashed potatoes and milk gravy without any “medley” of inappropriate vegetables.

Richter’s Antler Cafe in Spring Branch.

white-chicks-yum.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yup. 

chicken fried chicken is cutlet

fried chicken is with bones and all parts of the body. 

WTF?

Is there an apple pie a la mode apple pie? NO.

Is there a meat lovers omelette meat lovers? NO. 

Now a  'fried chicken cutlet' is ok. That is different words describing the dish. Using the same words twice is against the fuckin Constitution. Look it up.

Edited by Shaddie

9 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

WTF?

Now a  'fried chicken cutlet' is ok. That is different words describing the dish. Using the same words twice is against the fuckin Constitution. Look it up.

bf934339-300f-408f-ac18-fbb0af10eacc-tex

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

bf934339-300f-408f-ac18-fbb0af10eacc-tex

Look. It does upset me some people are not giving the 4th place dish of Texas it's rightful due. I mean if you do not respect CFS then where does that lead? Dissing BBQ? Tex Mex? Breakfast Tacos? This slope scares me so much I'm scared things like tofu may become mainstream. Is that the chaos you want?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Look. It does upset me some people are not giving the 4th place dish of Texas it's rightful due. I mean if you do not respect CFS then where does that lead? Dissing BBQ? Tex Mex? Breakfast Tacos? This slope scares me so much I'm scared things like tofu may become mainstream. Is that the chaos you want?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Nah.  I think most of us revere good CFS. Back in the early 2000s, I thought Lucile's in Ft. Worth did a pretty fine job with it, if I do say so myself.

OK, let's use some common sense here.  A "chicken fried steak" is literally (at the very least) a cut of beef fried in the method one would fry chicken.

To disallow "chicken fried chicken" is lunacy.  It's literally closer to the mother recipe.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, let's use some common sense here.  A "chicken fried steak" is literally (at the very least) a cut of beef fried in the method one would fry chicken.

To disallow "chicken fried chicken" is lunacy.  It's literally closer to the mother recipe.

96bb8a3c-c362-4487-a1aa-aca09f6c404b-tex

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, that's true, and around here, that's "not very".

Sorry, I edited my post to make what was going through my mind funny.  See above

/edit: So I believe a more appropriate response would be, "BLOW IT UP!!!! BLOW IT BACK TO GOD!!!"

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Jebus. Can you guys not recognize a little fun when you see it? Sorry to piss in your cfc thread. 

Edited by Shaddie

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

Nah.  I think most of us revere good CFS. Back in the early 2000s, I thought Lucile's in Ft. Worth did a pretty fine job with it, if I do say so myself.

If we are going back to the old days in Fort Worth - I think that Massey's has entered the building:  

12 hours ago, utee94 said:

Yep fried chicken was on Tuesday and cutlet night was friday at mamaws. Loved the white side of my family 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're probably cool with boneless wings and chicken fajitas. 

13 hours ago, Shaddie said:

WTF?

for both chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken, the first two words "chicken fried" describe the cooking method because it is battered and deep fried like traditional fried chicken.   the last word describes the meat used    

• Hook 'Em 2