How many digital subscriptions are you on?

52-80

Data:  Google Drive aka Google One

Fitness:  Strava + Zwift

Music:  Google Music

Movies:  Amazon Prime (doesnt really count) + Netflix (this ones shared)

Software:  Adobe Photography

and then some the connected/infotainment subscription for my car, but ill probably cut that

And then i have digital magazine for EVO, but that probably doesnt really count

Netflix

Amazon Prime

Apple iCloud (200 gig)...I should get rid of this.

I have the unlimited google drive given to Texas alumni.

I am old school when it comes to music, prefer to have songs on my phone (currently 2,784). And I also use a “borrowed” copy of photoshop rather than pay for subscription.

• Like 2

Netflix is one I’ll not give up. Their original productions are better than all the major networks combined.

Hulu Live TV. It’s glitchy, so we might dump it, and their cloud dvr doesn’t let you FF through commercials (usually, so this is where glitchy is good). We might just get Hulu + and see how soon the programs we currently record appear in their catalog.

Apple iCloud

Prime, although I use Bezos less and less these days.

HBO

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

I have 6 that I can remember. I think that’s all of them.

Netflix
Spotify
Motor Trend on Demand (lots of good original video content and TV syndication content from Velocity/Discovery. I have Youtube TV and this adds some stuff that it doesn’t have and is only $5 a month so its good value)
Adobe Photography Plan (Photoshop and Lightroom Classic/CC).
iCloud 200GB (I think)
Xbox Game Pass

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Too many to count. But I’m canceling HBO and other movie channels after Game of Thrones ends. 

We switch between HBO, Showtime, and sometimes Starz, depending on what we want to binge watch.

Not that anyone really cares. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

in addition to Netflix and all that shit--

Wife has a monthly wine subscription (2 bottles per month- she drinks the white, I drink the red) and a weekly desert subscription (1 desert per week).

I hate the desert one because they'll send 4 cupcakes (or whatever) inside 10 pounds of packaging, including a styrofoam cooler.

I don't hate it, but the wine subscription seems a little extravagant. They send expensive wines, but I like chilled, shitty red wine as much as the expensive stuff.

Netflix, Prime (Included w/ membership), Hulu (Free through my son's college) and HBO through GOT finale. I use an HD antenna for local channels and have a Slingbox 500 hooked up to my parent's cable box in Dallas for cable and use their account for streaming. (ESPN/LHN mostly) 

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am old school when it comes to music, prefer to have songs on my phone (currently 2,784). And I also use a “borrowed” copy of photoshop rather than pay for subscription.

How do you sign-up for this?

Netflix

Hulu

Amazon Prime

Apple Music

Apple News+ (was on Texture before)

NY Times digital

iCloud 2TB but I get it free through work

Adobe Cloud but free through work

Coglode (a behavioral science tool)

MailButler

1 Patreon sub 

1 business analyst's sub 

DirectTV Now (grandfathered into their old price/channels + HBO... so I'll keep it for now)

Peloton

Edited by YChang

1 hour ago, Gator Dave said:

Log in your UTEID, then go to the nerd page.  They serve email via Gmail now and the associated drive is unlimited. 

I've got too much stuff tied to my personal account to use the UT one

Log in your UTEID, then go to the nerd page.  They serve email via Gmail now and the associated drive is unlimited. 

This. It doesn’t have all the features (like the photos or whatever it is), but unlimited drive is great.

I have:

1. Amazon Prime

2. Amazon Drive

3-4. Nintendo and Playstation subs.

5. YouTube TV.

6. Apple Music. 

Twice a year, during the Xmas and Summer breaks, I re-sub to Netflix. While GoT is running, I re-sub to HBO via Amazon.

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

in addition to Netflix and all that shit--

Wife has a monthly wine subscription (2 bottles per month- she drinks the white, I drink the red) and a weekly desert subscription (1 desert per week).

I hate the desert one because they'll send 4 cupcakes (or whatever) inside 10 pounds of packaging, including a styrofoam cooler.

I don't hate it, but the wine subscription seems a little extravagant. They send expensive wines, but I like chilled, shitty red wine as much as the expensive stuff.

I’ll bet those cupcakes are really dry. 

8 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Does it also apply to grad students from the late 90s who no longer have their old UT ID card?

3 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Not sure. But as long as you had a UTEID I think you can get one.

I'm guessing EID stands for electronic ID. If so, I don't rightly know if I was ever given something like that, but I did have a utexas email at one time. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll follow up on this.

I'm guessing EID stands for electronic ID. If so, I don't rightly know if I was ever given something like that, but I did have a utexas email at one time. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll follow up on this.

So that old email most likely expired. When they went to the google backed email service they allowed alumni to also get a new email.

You can probably go reset your EID and what not. Then get the services.

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So that old email most likely expired. When they went to the google backed email service they allowed alumni to also get a new email.

You can probably go reset your EID and what not. Then get the services.

Yeah, I don't recall what that old email address was. I think it was some variation of my name with some numbers and ending in @utexas.edu but rarely, rarely used it.

The system certainly predated the Gmail platform and maybe even Microsoft Office and I have ZERO recollection about getting a "new" email address some years later.

Come to think of it, I don't even remember what software was used to check that email.

Edit: I'm not entirely convinced I was ever issued an EID. Just checked their website for tracking this down, and it looks like I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way: make a phone call to some administrative backwater office.

Dear God, I hope Tex doesn't answer. 

Edited by bolverk

15 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Netflix

Amazon Prime

Apple iCloud (200 gig)...I should get rid of this.

Well, I have unlimited google drive now. Somehow missed that offering, Thank you.

Edited by pacman