2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

bit of a curveball with rubio to phoenix.  he was thought to be leaning towards indiana.

Losing out on Rozier meant Phx was going to overpay for someone, and Indiana was sleeping   had a better thing with Brogdan.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Wow.  If Middleton's deal cost them Brogs then a huge loss and frankly I don't seem them as a contender beyond maybe next season.

Zach Lowe has been talking about this for a while. Bucks had a number they weren't going to go past, and I think any team that handed him $20M+ APY was going to land him.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:42 AM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Lopez is unrestricted, and since the Bucks used the bi-annual on him this past season, they can't use it for this coming season.  The Bucks paid him just over $3 million last year; it's probably going to take at least another 10-15 million on top of that to retain his services.  

I said it last week, of the four of Brogdan, MIrotic, Lopez and Middleton, I suspect the Bucks lose two of those four.  Their ownership may talk about paying taxes, but the aren't the Warriors. And their fan base sure as hell aren't paying Warrior level prices next year.

Dammit Bucks, why did you have to do what I said.  You have a window, and it might be closing before your very eyes.

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Who smokes more pole at signing contracts? Daryl Morey or Jon Horst

I mean WTF they are going to be paying 35+ million a year for Middleton & almost 50 million a year for Giannis that franchise is fucked worse than the Rockets I didn't think that was possible...

No idea what the fuck the Magic are doing.     we drafted a 6'7 PF coming off a ACL then sign a wack ass 3 n D guy that cant shoot with no answer at pg.    Fultz better be fucking ready

Edited by d2o