Israel

SmokeyBear1861

55 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Have Palestinians ever turned on hamas ?

Yes. Residents of Gaza held protests against Hamas until they were completely smashed by them like the Stasi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Christ, brother, you're a great poster 99% of the time but please gain at least greater than sub-Wikipedia level knowledge on this topic.

Literally all of your posting on this topic is little more than nodding and grunting.

Our media absolutely fails us.

Edited by Anastasis

UK drops plans to challenge ICC arrest warrant request against Benjamin Netanyahu

LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister Keir Starmer’s office said Friday that the U.K. will not intervene in the International Criminal Court’s request for an arrest warrant against Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The announcement is reversal of plans announced by former Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, who was ousted earlier this month when Starmer’s Labour Party swept Conservatives from office in a landslide.

“This was a proposal by the previous government which was not submitted before the election, and which I can confirm the government will not be pursuing in line with our long-standing position that this is a matter for the court to decide,” a Starmer spokesperson said.

The court’s prosecutor, Karim Khan, accused Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, and three Hamas leaders — Yehya Sinwar, Mohammed Deif and Ismail Haniyeh — of war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Gaza Strip and Israel.

Netanyahu and other Israeli leaders condemned the move as disgraceful and antisemitic. U.S. President Joe Biden also criticized the prosecutor and supported Israel’s right to defend itself against Hamas — as did Sunak.

Khan sought warrants for Netanyahu and Gallant in May over Israel’s war in Gaza in a symbolic blow that deepened Israel’s isolation over the war in Gaza.

Israel is not a member of the court. Even if warrants are issued, Netanyahu and Gallant do not face any immediate risk of prosecution. But the threat of arrest could make it harder for them to travel.

The ICC had set a deadline for Friday for the government to file a challenge.

Starmer’s decision puts the U.K. at odds with America, though his office on Friday described the decision as based in a strong belief in the separation of powers and the rule of law domestically and internationally.

However, the issue is a tricky one for Starmer and his party.

Starmer, a former human rights lawyer, has been under pressure from his party to take a tougher stand on the ongoing crisis in Gaza, particularly as the number of dead and injured climbs. London has also been the scene of huge protests decrying Israel’s actions intended to root out Hamas militants and has also reported record levels of antisemitic incidents.

Labour lost support and seats they had been expected to win after Starmer initially refused to call for a cease fire shortly after Israel retaliated for the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas militants. The party is still recovering from the stain of a scandal involving antisemitism allegations against the leadership of his predecessor, Jeremy Corbyn.

Nomi Bar-Yaacov, an associate fellow at London’s Chatham House think tank, said that Starmer’s position on Israel has been evolving away from that of its close ally, the United States, as the scale of death and destruction in Gaza pressed on.

“With no end in sight, I think he’s changed his stance,’' she said “I think he’s wary that the UK might be accused of complicity.″

Starmer restored funding for the United Nations’ Palestine relief agency UNRWA, which had been suspended by Sunak’s government in January. He has also said the Palestinian state has an “undeniable right” to be recognized as part of a peace process.

Sacha Deshmukh, Amnesty International U.K.’s chief executive applauded Starmer’s decision not to challenge the action at the Hague court.

“This was a totally misguided intervention by the last government,” Deshmukh said. “Instead of trying to thwart the ICC’s much-needed Palestine investigation, the U.K. should be backing efforts to bring all perpetrators of war crimes and possible genocide to justice.

• Rage+1 1

Upcoming Israeli attack on Lebanon thwarted by government-aligned mobs demanding the Rape Factory be reopened

Also in other HaMaS wOnT aGrEe To ThE cEaSeFiRe news:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-27/ty-article/.premium/hostages-families-say-netanyahu-is-deliberately-obstructing-release-deal/00000190-f4ff-dda7-a9f7-f7ff6a350000

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Upcoming Israeli attack on Lebanon thwarted by government-aligned mobs demanding the Rape Factory be reopened

Don't underestimate the sizable surly "hot poker up the ass is good and totally normal" contingent.  

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The only existential threat to Israel is its own right wing. We're maybe a couple of months away from Ben Gvir openly advocating concentration camps for disloyal Jews. 

Yep. This is the most succinct and accurate way to describe what I've been saying all along. It's sliding further and further towards actual, real life Nazism in what has to be the worst cascade of irony of all time.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

The only existential threat to Israel is its own right wing. We're maybe a couple of months away from Ben Gvir openly advocating concentration camps for disloyal Jews. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Yep. This is the most succinct and accurate way to describe what I've been saying all along. It's sliding further and further towards actual, real life Nazism in what has to be the worst cascade of irony of all time.

Lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Israel’s military has shrunk the only humanitarian zone in Gaza by a fifth recently.

6af983275e7497524deb4558ae5ed021ad2e07f8.webp

Palestinians returned to the eastern side of Khan Younis in Gaza on Tuesday after Israeli forces pulled out of the area. Credit: Mohammed Salem/Reuters

The Israeli military has designated just one area of the Gaza Strip as a “humanitarian zone” for displaced people — and that area keeps shrinking.

In the latest downsizing, the military on Saturday ordered the evacuation of two more parts of central Gaza that had been part of the humanitarian zone. Similar orders have forced more than 200,000 Palestinians to relocate over the last week alone, according to the United Nations.

A New York Times analysis of the latest orders showed that the zone has shrunk by more than a fifth in recent weeks, going from encompassing nearly 17 percent of the Gaza Strip to 13 percent now. Maps and analysis of satellite imagery show that the zone is already overcrowded, frequently damaged by strikes and lacking sufficient medical services.

The Israeli military has said its recent evacuations and operations have targeted a renewed Hamas insurgency, and it accused Hamas of launching rockets from the areas that came under the latest evacuation order on Sunday.

But the repeated redrawing of the zone’s borders is one more burden among many on Gaza’s 2.2 million people.

Philippe Lazzarini, the head of the U.N. agency that aids Palestinians, said on Sunday that evacuation orders had affected “almost everyone in Gaza,” adding that many had been forced to flee once a month since the war began in October.

The orders bring “more misery, fear and suffering for people who have nothing to do with this war,” Mr. Lazzarini said on social media.

Since last week, Israel has evacuated more than a fifth of the area that it had previously declared a humanitarian zone.
image.thumb.png.25cf93c1bf94f19eb1e4613c56489e61.png

The Israeli military recently ordered evacuations in tandem with a ground operation in the southern city of Khan Younis, and on Tuesday it said that operation had concluded, with its forces killing more than 150 militants. In a statement, Hamas said the withdrawal revealed “horrific scenes of widespread destruction.”

The withdrawal of Israeli forces allowed some Palestinians to return to the area, where the Palestinian civil defense agency said that its emergency and rescue crews recovered nearly 300 dead bodies on Tuesday.

Some Gazans, weary of the continued orders to move, have chosen to ignore them. Mohammed Harbi, 33, said he received an automated phone call from the Israeli military on Sunday afternoon ordering him to evacuate Nuseirat in central Gaza and head to the humanitarian zone. But after five consecutive displacements, he decided he no longer wanted to put his wife and two young children through another one.

Besides, Mr. Harbi said in a phone interview, he now believes that “there is no humanitarian zone at all,” and that “there is no safety, only despair.”

Duaa Fura, 35, and her nine family members left their home in northern Gaza in the first week of the war and went to central Gaza, moving around multiple times and settling in the Bureij neighborhood nearly a month ago. But on Sunday, the family received some dreaded and familiar news from their neighbors, telling them that another evacuation had been called.

“People started leaving and running in the streets,” said Ms. Fura, who joined the crowds, running until she found a taxi to drive her and her family to the city of Deir al-Balah. “I have seven children who are exhausted from the displacement and running,” she added.

Like many displaced Gazans, Ms. Fura and her family were living in a tent that they could dismantle and take with them when they had to move. She said that if the Israeli military were to order them to move yet again, “We will do the same thing: take the tent, boxes and bags and run.” She added, “This is our life now.”

Osama al-Sammak, a 33-year-old motion graphics designer, left Bureij with his young daughter and pregnant wife on Thursday when bombardment began intensifying in the area. Just four days after they took shelter at his aunt’s house in Nuseirat, the evacuation order on Sunday sent the family fleeing once again, this time to another aunt’s house in Deir al-Balah, where they would be relatively close to a functioning hospital if his wife went into labor.

Mr. al-Sammak said most Gazans had few options for shelter. “People are sleeping on the streets. There is no more place for any tents at the beach or in Mawasi,” he added, referring to the humanitarian zone.

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Why do I need to elaborate and when have I ever “shit posted”?  It is self-explanatory. 

Do you disagree that the Israeli far-right is a serious danger to their stability as a country?

They literally just had far-right mobs storm two different military bases, encouraged by some members of the Knessit, in response to the arrests of some IDF soldiers for raping Palestinian detainees.

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/what-happened-at-israeli-detention-centre-israeli-far-right-mobs-storm-idf-base-in-riots-bordering-on-anarchy-u735wwl1

There is strong reason to believe Itamar Ben-Gvir purposefully delayed the police response, the Israeli defense minister is demanding an investigation. Ben-Gvir is their fucking national security minister.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-30/ty-article/.premium/gallant-to-netanyahu-probe-ben-gvirs-role-in-delayed-response-to-riots-at-idf-bases/00000191-0386-df85-a399-eb96270e0000

@statsman you got something to say too, bitch? Speak up.

I really don't know why you engage with these guys, man. What they think is very clear: Palestinians aren't people, they deserve the most vile treatment imaginable, and those who inflict that treatment on them are morally good for doing so.  You're not going to convince them otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Do you disagree that the Israeli far-right is a serious danger to their stability as a country?

They literally just had far-right mobs storm two different military bases, encouraged by some members of the Knessit, in response to the arrests of some IDF soldiers for raping Palestinian detainees.

https://www.thejc.com/news/israel/what-happened-at-israeli-detention-centre-israeli-far-right-mobs-storm-idf-base-in-riots-bordering-on-anarchy-u735wwl1

There is strong reason to believe Itamar Ben-Gvir purposefully delayed the police response, the Israeli defense minister is demanding an investigation. Ben-Gvir is their fucking national security minister.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-07-30/ty-article/.premium/gallant-to-netanyahu-probe-ben-gvirs-role-in-delayed-response-to-riots-at-idf-bases/00000191-0386-df85-a399-eb96270e0000

@statsman you got something to say too, bitch? Speak up.

I disagree entirely with what wildcat posted that I bolded. You agreed with it. It is a fucking laughable thought. Your response is long and I’m not gonna read it. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I really don't know why you engage with these guys, man. What they think is very clear: Palestinians aren't people, they deserve the most vile treatment imaginable, and those who inflict that treatment on them are morally good for doing so.  You're not going to convince them otherwise.

Ah yes, the moment I argue the comment that Israel doesn’t have any outside existential threats, one of the most idiotic comments I’ve ever read here, it is presumed I don’t believe Palestinians are people. What a fucking world you live in. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I disagree entirely with what wildcat posted that I bolded. You agreed with it. It is a fucking laughable thought. Your response is long and I’m not gonna read it. 

Two sentences is long, huh?

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Imagine being too scared to engage with the facts that you "TLDR!" two sentences with two supporting links. Couldn't be me.

Imagine responding with 6 paragraphs and links, none of which are relevant to the absurd statement “Israel has no outside existential threats”. Keep spinning your retard wheels. 

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

9 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

6 paragraphs with links is long. No idea what you’re talking about. 

Lulz. You and @statsman are both fucking cowards, man. It's sad.

14 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're right, I just enjoy making fun of them.

FWIW, I also disagree a little bit with @wildcat09 here. The Israeli far-right is it's most dire existential threat, but it does have others. The question is of severity. The Israeli far-right is literally threatening, right now as we speak, to tear the country apart from the inside. The boiling point has been reached.

Whatever outside threats they have, Iran etc, are of less immediate concern, which is how serious the situation is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I've got to admit, I did not see "I'm not persuadable because I'm functionally illiterate" coming. 

I can't decide which is funnier, Rex stamping his foot and refusing to read words so he can continue to pretend he's not owned, or @statsman literally being unable to have a conversation about this topic because he gets his ass handed to him in every discussion, so he's reduced to drive by negging and refusing to comment.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

FWIW, I also disagree a little bit with @wildcat09 here. The Israeli far-right is it's most dire existential threat, but it does have others. The question is of severity. The Israeli far-right is literally threatening, right now as we speak, to tear the country apart from the inside. The boiling point has been reached.

Whatever outside threats they have, Iran etc, are of less immediate concern, which is how serious the situation is.

More reasonable take, but you agreed with and complimented wildcat on his succinct statement. So not sure I believe you. Regardless, it’s still idiotic to say a right wing govt is more of a threat to its existence than Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and a number of other entities or nation states that have openly said they want Israel gone. 

You guys are both agenda-driven morons, oblivious to how stupid you sound. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

More reasonable take, but you agreed with and complimented wildcat on his succinct statement. So not sure I believe you. Regardless, it’s still idiotic to say a right wing govt is more of a threat to its existence than Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran and a number of other entities or nation states that have openly said they want Israel gone. 

You guys are both agenda-driven morons, oblivious to how stupid you sound. 

In a vacuum you could certainly make that argument, and those exisential threats are real, but the current status is the far-right elements within Israel's government are literally trying to tear it apart, right now. Major government elements (i.e. the defense minister and national security minister) are being openly hostile to each other. Their national security minister is very likely to have gone rogue. If the government collapses, they are completely fucked. On all fronts.

It is objectively the most severe and immediate threat considering the events that are currently taking place.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

In a vacuum you could certainly make that argument, and those exisential threats are real, but the current status is the far-right elements within Israel's government are literally trying to tear it apart, right now. Major government elements (i.e. the defense minister and national security minister) are being openly hostile to each other. Their national security minister is very likely to have gone rogue. If the government collapses, they are completely fucked. On all fronts.

It is objectively the most severe and immediate threat considering the events that are currently taking place.

Never encountered someone self-assured yet so retarded. Well you’ve been trumped by wildcat and TexAgs. 

Edited by Rex Kramer
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Never encountered someone self-assured yet so retarded. Well you’ve been trumped by wildcat and TexAgs. 

What's wrong about what I said? Are these events not taking place? Would the collapse of the Israeli government not be a disaster for them?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Quick we need another post about F-15s

https://www.twz.com/sponsored-content/f-15ex-testers-are-now-preparing-the-eagle-ii-for-rapidly-adapting-to-new-missions

“Outsized weapons is the nomenclature we use right now,” adds Lt. Col. Joe Gagnon, commander of the 85th TES. “We need aircraft that can carry outsized weapons that don’t require an internal carriage capability, and right now our best platform for that is the Strike Eagle and the F-15EX. If you’re thinking about hypersonics, things like that, one of the platforms most likely is going to be an Eagle, because it’s the big airplane that can carry it and not have to carry it internally.”

“What the F-15EX brings that other F-15s do not is what you hear being talked about as the digital backbone of the aircraft,” adds Maj. Eshkenazi. “It has ethernet wiring running throughout the airframe and it’s linked to the weapon stations. This opens up future potential in terms of integrating weapons. We might have a separate computer or a tablet that can be linked [to the jet] that allows us to connect to the weapons stations while keeping our safety of flight elements [in the mission software] isolated. So we could run apps but not have them running through our main computer, which isolates this from the safety of flight things like the flight controls, for example. This means I’m not concerned about an app coming from a vendor that might affect my ability to fly the airplane.”

“One of the big capabilities that the F-15EX brings to the fight is the ability to rapidly put new weapons on it, because of its external carriage capacity and its ability to carry a lot of weight,” Col. Daniel Lehoski, 53rd Wing commander, further explained. “We have the independent ability to upgrade the jet’s Operational Flight Program [OFP] as well as actually working around the OFP to add some capabilities. I’ll give you an example; we have a jet that we’re using to push situational awareness and command and control [C2] capabilities to the leading edge of the fight. We’re doing that literally with an iPad hooked up to the jet in order to get information into it. That sits outside the OFP. It’s a little clunky because you have an iPad in the cockpit, but that is enabling us to add capability in conjunction with our agile OFP upgrades. The iPad is getting power from the jet and then using Link 16 datalink to communicate with the aircraft.”

“We are bringing in other sources of information to the jet other than what’s provided by the radar and the other sensors. We’ve already added an external antenna to the jet, and it’s pretty straightforward because we don’t have to worry about the radar signature and outer mold line of the design.”

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

"I'm not owned!!!!!" - Rex, as he cries about rep. How slorch of you.

I’m not owned or crying about anything pal. You’re aligning yourself with a guy that claims Israel has no outside threat, just 9.5 months after Hamas killed 1300 Israelis and would’ve killed all 10 million if it could, as it (and many other groups) repeatedly state. That’s about as dumb a comment as has ever appeared here. But I’m “owned”. Fucking clown show man. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I’m not owned or crying about anything pal. You’re aligning yourself with a guy that claims Israel has no outside threat, just 9.5 months after Hamas killed 1300 Israelis and would’ve killed all 10 million if it could, as it (and many other groups) repeatedly state. That’s about as dumb a comment as has ever appeared here. But I’m “owned”. Fucking clown show man. 

Evidence is mounting in support of the Rex is illiterate theory.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Absolutely incapable of beating those allegations. It’s sad, really.

Explain how Israel has no existential threats aside from its internal right wing. Would love to hear this. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Explain how Israel has no existential threats aside from its internal right wing. Would love to hear this. 

None of the external threats it currently faces has the ability to threaten its ability to exist. The most dire existential threat is from within right now. 

Edited by Dahobbs

26 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

None of the external threats it currently faces has the ability to threaten its ability to exist. The most dire existential threat is from within right now. 

I figured it was wildcat or Aggie that was gonna say this. This is bullshit. I do agree that with most existential threats, the IDF / Iron Dome can sustain them, and if not, the US will lend support.  But they’re surrounded by hostile states.  They’re a tiny country.  If they can be surprised by a ragtag Hamas, what’s to stop Iran via Lebanon from a major attack?  In combination with that, what’s to stop a coordinated attack from many countries like in the 60s and 70s?  I suspect a lot can and would stop it, but to assert there are no external existential threats is absurd.  This isn’t the US - we absolutely are the only ones that can destroy us (and we will).  Israel is the exact antithesis of having a geographic advantage like the US.  They’re like Rome in 400 AD except much much more tiny.

Though, I do agree the manner with which Israel has conducted itself in the aftermath of October 7 is inviting more future attacks. 

38 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The most dire existential threat is from within right now. 

Also, wildcat didn’t qualify this. 

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran’s paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh was assassinated in Tehran. 

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the assassination but suspicion immediately fell on Israel, which has vowed to kill Haniyeh and other leaders of Hamas over the group’s Oct. 7 attack on Israel that killed 1,200 people and saw some 250 others taken hostage.

Iran’s statement gave no details on how Haniyeh was killed. 

Iranian state television reported on his death early Wednesday, and analysts immediately began blaming Israel for the attack. 

Israel itself did not immediately comment but it often doesn’t when it comes to assassination carried out by their Mossad intelligence agency. 

Israel is suspected of running a yearslong assassination campaign targeting Iranian nuclear scientists and others associated with its atomic program.

In its campaign since, Israel has killed more than 39,360 Palestinians and wounded more than 90,900, according to the Gaza Health Ministry, whose count does not differentiate between civilians and combatants.

41 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

I figured it was wildcat or Aggie that was gonna say this. This is bullshit. I do agree that with most existential threats, the IDF / Iron Dome can sustain them, and if not, the US will lend support.  But they’re surrounded by hostile states.  They’re a tiny country.  If they can be surprised by a ragtag Hamas, what’s to stop Iran via Lebanon from a major attack?  In combination with that, what’s to stop a coordinated attack from many countries like in the 60s and 70s?  I suspect a lot can and would stop it, but to assert there are no external existential threats is absurd.  This isn’t the US - we absolutely are the only ones that can destroy us (and we will).  Israel is the exact antithesis of having a geographic advantage like the US.  They’re like Rome in 400 AD except much much more tiny.

Though, I do agree the manner with which Israel has conducted itself in the aftermath of October 7 is inviting more future attacks. 

Also, wildcat didn’t qualify this. 

Well, I don't think any of those other threats are currently existential, maybe at points in the past and perhaps at points in the future, but not right now. That doesn't mean they couldn't do damage. Just that Israel on its own would eventually beat them and that's before accounting for US support, which would be overwhelming.