[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

24 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Mingione wouldn't be a bad outcome. He's 45 and should be gettable. In 7 years at Kentucky he started hot-getting to a super in year one before struggling for a few years and then rebuilt to the #2 overall seed

I fear that Schloss will flirt with us just to fuck up our search and give aggy something to crow about

don’t think he’d do that to CDC 

Posted (edited)

Bakich still feels most likely to me and I think he has the highest ceiling outside of the moneywhip candidates (Schloss, Johnson, etc).

Only 46, SEC experience as an assistant, good recruiter, CWS experience and success and turned around Clemson in short order (regardless of what happens against Florida).

Edited by Hookem2147

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

that lsu team was stacked 

They were what we were the year before when we lost to the eventual national Champions in the semi's.....We were going to lose a lot of that team the following year and LSU was pretty much stacked as were the year before.

Yes, NIL money played into his decision, but they looked better on paper. Our team didn't turn out bad as a lot of our younger guys stepped up, but they not not only got him but they got the showboat Tommy also.

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2024 at 4:39 PM, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t want outfield seating at all. It will be empty all season

On 6/7/2024 at 4:46 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

I tend to agree. Maybe make a nice left field hangout area because that’s kind of tradition, add to the yeti experience. Build a huge facility for various things for recruiting/etc with video board, roof top things being part of the construction and in right field more facility areas? 

Lots of seats are empty throughout the season.

Many are bought and then resold. I've had my same seats for the last 7 years and still don't know the who has the seats to the left of me. They have never been to a game. They are either empty or someone different is there every game due to the person who has them, resells through stubhub or the like. 

Outfield seating or a hang out area as noted above is coming as long as the University puts their boot into the city's ass. No reason that road behind left field needs to remain there any more. That whole area could then be made something similar to what minor or big league parks have for food, beverages , or just SRO. The scoreboard was just going to be moved farther back (hence the removal of the road).

Not that I give a shit about their program, but they are rival and compete for recruits, Schloss and aggy have big plans to put more money to improve and get more seats for ugly ass bluebell. Disch Falk needs to get probably around another 1500 -2000 seats for the bigger series now for the upcoming fan bases that travel well (LSU, Arky, and a few others) in the SEC. The Yeti yard was just the beginning and a trial run. I even heard talk towards the end of the season that for next year it may or could be expanded or have another in right field by moving our bullpen. 

Just stuff I've heard by talking with others (many with much more inside info than myself) at the ballpark. 

Edited by BillyGoatHill
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Lots of seats are empty throughout the season.

Many are bought and then resold. I've had my same seats for the last 7 years and still don't know the who has the seats to the left of me. They have never been to a game. They are either empty or someone different is there every game due to the person who has them, resells through stubhub or the like. 

Outfield seating or a hang out area as noted above is coming as long as the University puts their boot into the city's ass. No reason that road behind left field needs to remain there any more. That whole area could then be made something similar to what minor or big league parks have for food, beverages , or just SRO. The scoreboard was just going to be moved farther back (hence the removal of the road).

Not that I give a shit about their program, but they are rival and compete for recruits, but Schloss and aggy have big plans to put more money to improve and get more seats for ugly ass bluebell. Disch Falk needs to get probably around another 1500 -2000 seats for the bigger series now for the upcoming fan bases that travel well (LSU, Arky, and a few others) in the SEC. The Yeti yard was just the beginning and a trial run. I even heard talk towards the end of the season that for next year it may or could be expanded or have another in right field by moving our bullpen. 

Just stuff I've heard by talking with others (many with much more inside info than myself) at the ballpark. 

I wouldn’t mind an outfield area with stuff, even though I think it’s unnecessary. But I don’t want seats out there. Maybe a berm

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I wouldn’t mind an outfield area with stuff, even though I think it’s unnecessary. But I don’t want seats out there. Maybe a berm

I kind of like what Tennessee has out in their left field with the canopy’s. Expand the Yeti zone by putting canopy’s with yeti coolers and you can BYOB or pre purchase beverages for the cooler. Kind of similar to the tailgates the university allows that @immamac graciously host for us. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I kind of like what Tennessee has out in their left field with the canopy’s. Expand the Yeti zone by putting canopy’s with yeti coolers and you can BYOB or pre purchase beverages for the cooler. Kind of similar to the tailgates the university allows that @immamac graciously host for us. 

I like the idea of the yeti yard being much larger and just a place that people can go. Maybe have it with some elevation so it can be like a standing room byob berm. I don’t like the bleachers that Tennessee uses.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I like the idea of the yeti yard being much larger and just a place that people can go. Maybe have it with some elevation so it can be like a standing room byob berm. I don’t like the bleachers that Tennessee uses.

Yeah I don’t like the bleacher setup much but a huge flat area that’s above the wall would be sick. With a small space between fence and area. Embrace the boomer left field area but incorporate the students a ton more. Make it the place to be or maybe do something similar in right field as well and be just students. A ton can definitely be improved for weekends outside of June. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas just needs to build off the Yeti Yard. Do what Arkansas did with their left field, build an elevated berm out there where the floor is even with the top of the fence and charge cheap general admission. Next I would extend the awnings farther down the lines to provide shade. I think those two would be a good start. The Disch has enough seating.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Texas just needs to build off the Yeti Yard. Do what Arkansas did with their left field, build an elevated berm out there where the floor is even with the top of the fence and charge cheap general admission. Next I would extend the awnings farther down the lines to provide shade. I think those two would be a good start. The Disch has enough seating.

Yea that awning is probably necessary if you really want to sell seats. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

*canopies x 2

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

with strippers too

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They need to add a couple of sniper’s nests to shoot the guy that whistles “The Eyes” and also the Vandy whistler if he makes a trip. 

edit- and shoot the guy who honks his bus horn

Edited by BrazilHorn
  • Haha 1

How are the Ole Miss kids able to get away with dumping beer all over themselves after every homer? We should have a Yeti berm with sun covering thats free with a student ID. Goes all the way down to the away team bullpen so the kids can talk shit. A hot tub area for the zetas with a giant sign above it that says SLUTS. Stuff like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, BlackCat said:

How are the Ole Miss kids able to get away with dumping beer all over themselves after every homer? We should have a Yeti berm with sun covering thats free with a student ID. Goes all the way down to the away team bullpen so the kids can talk shit. A hot tub area for the zetas with a giant sign above it that says SLUTS. Stuff like that. 

IMG_6816.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

They need to add a couple of sniper’s nests to shoot the guy that whistles “The Eyes” and also the Vandy whistler if he makes a trip.  edit- and shoot the guy who honks his bus horn

Hits a little too close to home with 1966 sniper at UT.  Knew folks that were in the campus area when this happened...

Scary shit

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hits a little too close to home with 1966 sniper at UT.  Knew folks that were in the campus area when this happened...

Scary shit

Understood, maybe whomever is manning the nest can just shoot beanbags and make the person double over in pain, incapable of further whistling. 

or they could launch a business of rabid/hungry ferrets at them to gnaw their lips off making whistling impossible 

35 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If it’s Bakich can he bring that center fielder with him?

Weird end to Clempson game... Bakich along with another assistant coach thrown out.  In bottom of the inning after they were gone, Gata came back from 1 run deficit to walk off with win and trip to Omaha.

Clempson fans pissed... 

Just now, chase25 said:

I have to admit, that is such an odd dynamic with Jack Leggett as one of your assistants 

Pretty sure he’s in an off field role. Just looked it up and his official title is “program development”.

Sounds like a cushion retirement job.

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Pretty sure he’s in an off field role. Just looked it up and his official title is “program development”.

Sounds like a cushion retirement job.

rounds up nil money

First, I had heard a few things.  This weekend I had them confirmed in greater detail.  It is disfunctional and there are things in play that point to a change being made.  Not a prediction, just based on what I have heard.

Second, coaches want to play for the AD who hired them.  There is a reason UT had trouble in the hiring process before and it is not Perrine’s fault.  Most coaches are not going to feel good about being hired by an interim AD and not knowing who their ultimate boss will be.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic