[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Without a doubt….and they don’t have to lift a finger!

The biggest winner is prolly Sexton. Seems like he represents about lebbenty percent of them, and he gets that tithe on the extension from every damn one of them.

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

A team meeting was held. Do with that what you will.

35+ college kids and staff were just told at a team meeting and nothing is leaked out on social media. Seems legit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Levi said:

Hot take: that’s wrong. 

Maybe. Seemed as reliable as some guys uncle, Sextons nephew, Wikipedia, Tennessee parody account, and some of the wet dreams being posted here.

3 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Maybe. Seemed as reliable as some guys uncle, Sextons nephew, Wikipedia, Tennessee parody account, and some of the wet dreams being posted here.

It was an opinion not “sourced” information on the latest for Pierce. I initially missed what you wrote under the tweet so I thought you found someone on Twitter that agreed with your own take. 

54 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

God I can't wait to rub Pierce being fired in your stupid fucking face. 

This is pretty odd to me.  I’m not even sure how big a fan Balcones is of Pierce.  Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought Balcones was active on the board from the outset of the season unlike some who just came around to shit on Pierce and the program.  And hell much of what Balcones says is accurate.

Certainly to an extent, any defense of Pierce is a defense of the program.  That doesn’t mean a poster believes he’s best for the program (maybe Balcones does - don’t know).  Until he’s not, Pierce is a representative of the program.  

i recall once you posted that your board persona was quite different than your persona here.  That makes sense now.  The bullied has become the bully.  It’s alright bro.  Someone loves you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This is pretty odd to me.  I’m not even sure how big a fan Balcones is of Pierce.  Maybe I’m wrong, but I thought Balcones was active on the board from the outset of the season unlike some who just came around to shit on Pierce and the program.  And hell much of what Balcones says is accurate.

Certainly to an extent, any defense of Pierce is a defense of the program.  That doesn’t mean a poster believes he’s best for the program (maybe Balcones does - don’t know).  Until he’s not, Pierce is a representative of the program.  

i recall once you posted that your board persona was quite different than your persona here.  That makes sense now.  The bullied has become the bully.  It’s alright bro.  Someone loves you.

Dude is a fucking delusional nitwit....he deserves every bit of the shit he gets for his defense of Pierce. It's hilarious that you defend him and you both resort to IRL type comments in your defense of Pierce/Balcones. But when you don't have any true defense I suppose that's all you can muster. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, chase25 said:

It is odd that we are a week and half in and there has been radio silence. Did not expect them to let him twist in the wind for this long

If Pierce were coming back, there would be a vote of confidence (which usually are barely that).  It's transfer time.  Not making any kind of statement would totally undercut his ability to land new talent.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude is a fucking delusional nitwit....he deserves every bit of the shit he gets for his defense of Pierce. 

Applebees run out of bacon poppers? Bad day at the cubicle? HOA meeting not go your way? You are miserable because your life sucks with a fat wife, cookie cuter house and a 28 year old manager. Don’t take it out on me.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

23 minutes ago, Had Enough said:  I’m not even sure how big a fan Balcones is of Pierce.
 That doesn’t mean a poster believes he’s best for the program (maybe Balcones does - don’t know). 

Really?  

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

35+ college kids and staff were just told at a team meeting and nothing is leaked out on social media. Seems legit.

You know what else hasn’t been leaked by those same individuals?  Everything that has happened behind the scenes this year.  It is not pretty.  Several on here know what’s been happening, just because it hasn’t been “leaked” doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.  It is quite disfunctional.  But, you don’t have to believe it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Levi said:

It was an opinion not “sourced” information on the latest for Pierce. I initially missed what you wrote under the tweet so I thought you found someone on Twitter that agreed with your own take. 

Hot take: it’s his twater account

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

We really don’t have many that post here that aren’t here from the outset. Even if they don’t always post (ie Cajun) they are the same posters that have been here for a decade.

15 minutes ago, Nigel Tufnel said:

You know what else hasn’t been leaked by those same individuals?  Everything that has happened behind the scenes this year.  It is not pretty.  Several on here know what’s been happening, just because it hasn’t been “leaked” doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.  It is quite disfunctional.  But, you don’t have to believe it.

What am I to believe? You haven’t made one claim of what has happened. 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@Hookem2147 Do you have the exact IT post?

From OTF

image.png.117e497ac9d9439d8857980d9115f838.png

All it said was the "first shoe has dropped and now on to phase 2". Which is similar to what I heard earlier too.

I think there is going to be a lot more clarity tomorrow. I don't think this thing is stretching through the CWS.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

All it said was the "first shoe has dropped and now on to phase 2". Which is similar to what I heard earlier too.

I think there is going to be a lot more clarity tomorrow. I don't think this thing is stretching through the CWS.

Knowing how CDC works, fire announcement tomorrow AM and hire or at least leak of the hire by that evening or announcement Friday

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I really have come around on hoping it’s Vitello. That said Bakich makes the most sense. I’m good with that if a little disappointed.

Would be insane if it's a coach that is about to coach at the CWS and it gets announced prior to the start....that would be a huge flex but I think the same as you regarding Bakich.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Balcones said:

What am I to believe? You haven’t made one claim of what has happened. 

You can believe what I just posted.  I am not going to make a “claim” if I happen to know some things that happened.  You said because there was a meeting we would know because it would be leaked.  That is wrong.  There was a prior meeting where nothing was leaked and you probably wouldn’t believe the events of said meeting.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Really?  

Yeah really.  

I visit two boards on this site.  BO&W shits on players, coaches and posters on both boards.  There’s a number of posters that showed up mid way thru the season and began to shit on the team.  I don’t recall Balcones anywhere but here and from what I recall the combative nature ramped up  as the bullshit ramped up.  And that’s not just BO&W.  I’m sure as shit not going to be anti-positivity in the sea of negativity.

I watch most of the games.  I follow all season long.  It’s not tune in once basketball is over or between softball games.  I assume Pierce is gone but honestly I’d like to see him to stick one more year for several reasons including watching everyone here squirm.  And I find some humor in Balcones continuing to fight.  I’m also open to behind the scenes stuff that I’ll never know the specifics of that result in a change.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah really.  

I visit two boards on this site.  BO&W shits on players, coaches and posters on both boards.  There’s a number of posters that showed up mid way thru the season and began to shit on the team.  I don’t recall Balcones anywhere but here and from what I recall the combative nature ramped up  as the bullshit ramped up.  And that’s not just BO&W.  I’m sure as shit not going to be anti-positivity in the sea of negativity.

I watch most of the games.  I follow all season long.  It’s not tune in once basketball is over or between softball games.  I assume Pierce is gone but honestly I’d like to see him to stick one more year for several reasons including watching everyone here squirm.  And I find some humor in Balcones continuing to fight.  I’m also open to behind the scenes stuff that I’ll never know the specifics of that result in a change.

My post had nothing to do with BO&W.  Balcones has posted dozens of times, all with a posture of defending Pierce.  And you question (twice) whether he wants to retain him.

Edited by cochamps

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The fact that CDC has said jack shit this far removed from our regional is beyond a tell.  Pierce is done and the next guy is currently in Omaha.

Either that, or CDC has moved up to 5D Quantum Chess.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic