[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

16 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Doesn't the job posting have to be listed for at least a week at the university?  

Yes, if you're hiring faculty/staff.  Policy gets waived for high-profile hires.  We once fired and hired a new football coach at TxSt during the time I was waiting for Equity and Access to approve a faculty position.  I was so pissed off, only partially because it was Franchione.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

IMO, there was a non poaching gentleman's agreement under deloss and previous to him(aggy and even somewhat in conference). 

Didn't stop us from hiring David McWilliams.  Pissed off Tceh, too.  Double bonus.  (David didn't turn out to be such a great coach, but he was ours regardless.)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Didn't stop us from hiring David McWilliams.  Pissed off Tceh, too.  Double bonus.  (David didn't turn out to be such a great coach, but he was ours regardless.)

yeah, that's why I said somewhat for conf...and McWilliams being a former football player and graduate makes a difference.  same with Beard as well IMO.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well coaching change, so our players get 30 days. July 2 is the normal deadline 

I assume the 30-days starts today, so 24 July, or?  I follow the game closely, but ever since Covid-19, I'm just lost when it comes to transfers and deadlines and all that shit.  I know registration beings 21 August, so should be plenty of time to get acclimated given the coaching change.  

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

That doesn't surprise me. 

The new coach needs to stop the daddy-ball shit. There was way too much of it in the last 3-4 years at a program like the University of Texas.

What led to this being the case anyway?

One would think there shouldn’t be much anywhere at the collegiate level.

• Hook 'Em 1