[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

gotta go at this point. very much not good. oregon state and indiana state are the only two guys that would actually get me excited though.

Mitch Canham, Oregon State 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, cochamps said:

I think we should host most years, but it seems like our baseball NIL is not great.  That will influence any coach looking at accepting the job.  It should influence our decision-makers (though to what extent, I don't really know).

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’ll default to @closetojumping on baseball NIL. I think I recall a post that says he has a pretty good budget he just uses it poorly or something of that nature. 

4 hours ago, immamac said:

They had everything they needed. 

@immamac and @BurntOrange&White are correct. Pierce has chosen to more evenly spread NIL across the roster while others have chosen to concentrate for magnetizing and/or retaining elite and key talent. No one is beating LSU in baseball NIL but the claims that Texas is being outclassed by anyone on that front are not based in fact. There are guys involved with NIL and guys they talk to in the media who will always claim that there is never enough, and that is well and good, but it’s not honest. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Assuming it’s fully guaranteed, which I don’t know if baseball coaches salaries get done like that in college, the buyout will be about 2.4 million as he only has 2 years remaining on his contract. If it’s not fully guaranteed then it will obviously be cheaper. Worth every penny. Get this schmuck outta here. 

Fuck you @Balcones hope your husband enjoys life after Texas  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Levi said:

Everyone should be ready for Tulo’s name to be floated around. He’s well liked by people in the program and especially the players. 

We just fucked that experiment up with basketball. Anyone that floats his name around as a replacement shouldn’t be taken seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We just fucked that experiment up with basketball. Anyone that floats his name around as a replacement shouldn’t be taken seriously. 

Him and Canham are both 39, Canham has 4 years as a HC at the college level and was born on 3rd base with that Oregon State program and has failed to make it to Omaha yet. 

Im not hiring Tulo, but if you are considering Canham, Tulo really isn’t that far fetched

Edited by chase25

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Him and Canham are both 39, Canham has 4 years as a HC at the college level and was born on 3rd base with that Oregon State program and has failed to make it to Omaha yet. 

Im not hiring Tulo, but if you are considering Canham, Tulo really isn’t that far fetched

No it is far fetched. 

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Wasn't he a player there? If so, gonna take a lot to get him to leave. 

Come on, man. Give this one a little bit of thought before posting. 

11 minutes ago, Levi said:

Everyone should be ready for Tulo’s name to be floated around. He’s well liked by people in the program and especially the players. 

No one should give a shit who the players want. That almost always fails. If Tulowitzki is even interviewed, someone should be reprimanded. There are far better choices out there. 

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Hahahaha. What a fucking lazy take. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Come on, man. Give this one a little bit of thought before posting. 

No one should give a shit who the players want. That almost always fails. If Tulowitzki is even interviewed, someone should be reprimanded. There are far better choices out there. 

Hahahaha. What a fucking lazy take. 

Yeah he’s probably very knowledgeable about the game but we are absolutely fucking ourselves if we hire a guy that has never run a program. 

7 minutes ago, chase25 said:

It’s not a lazy take but I know you don’t deal well with opinions that don’t align with yours.

You’ve had your ass handed to you over and over and yet you come back for more. Just admit you’ve been completely wrong and just take the loss. 

6 minutes ago, chase25 said:

It’s not a lazy take but I know you don’t deal well with opinions that don’t align with yours.

You’ve pushed a false equivalency as a given because it suits your agenda. Based on your posts, it’s clear you don’t think much change is needed, so pretending as if Tulowitzki is a legitimate candidate makes sense from your idiotic perspective. Canham has actually, you know, been the head of a program and had success. Tulowitzki hasn’t, and they’re not close to comparable options. 

So yeah, I don’t deal well with morons forming stupid opinions and then vomiting them onto threads. 

• Haha 3

CDC’s other diamond hire: 5 straight supers and a win tomorrow away from 2 Champ series appearances in the last 3 seasons

He isn’t going to let Pierce keep dragging this storied program down 

• Hook 'Em 7

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You’ve pushed a false equivalency as a given because it suits your agenda. Based on your posts, it’s clear you don’t think much change is needed, so pretending as if Tulowitzki is a legitimate candidate makes sense from your idiotic perspective. Canham has actually, you know, been the head of a program and had success. Tulowitzki hasn’t, and they’re not close to comparable options. 

So yeah, I don’t deal well with morons forming stupid opinions and then vomiting them onto threads. 

I didn’t say Tulowitzki was a legitimate candidate, reading comprehension is hard. I also wouldn’t hire one with 4 years of HCing experience who was handed a program a year removed from winning a natty. I honestly even thought I made it pretty clear this time with “I’m not hiring Tulo” but I guess not

Change is needed, don’t see Canham as the guy

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You’ve had your ass handed to you over and over and yet you come back for more. Just admit you’ve been completely wrong and just take the loss. 

You can’t read

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Canham#Head_coaching_record

Just so we're all on the same page.

44 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:. 

Fuck you @Balcones hope your husband enjoys life after Texas  

It’s sad your father didn’t teach you how to be a man. The world will do it for him. 

Congrats on your post season success. You are the happiest fan on the board.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

he was born and raised in washington, hs ball there, college ball and back coaching at his alma mater. all that screams not a fit for UT, imo 

I'd interview the blinn coach, interested how he does  

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

New corch needs to put the damn outfield walls at The Disch back OUT to their original dimensions!

Easy homers are part of what killed Texas teams under this little Troll.

those fences are in the same spot for both teams

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic