[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd like to see us add women's gymnastics so we can add men's soccer.  (Not sure if those numbers would work, indulge me.)

Men's Soccer: 9.9 Scholarships

Women's Gymnastics: 12 Scholarships

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

I looked it up and the NCAA allows 12 scholarships for women's gymnastics and 6 for men.

UT NEEDS A DIV 1 HOCKEY TEAM.

they already have a club one.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

Screaming for Pierce to be fired now is stupid.  There is nothing to me gained by it.  Most candidates that we would want are likely going to be busy for the next couple of weeks.  Any recruits that are committed obviously like Pierce enough to commit in the first place, and aren't going to suddenly jump ship because our season ended in a Regional.  Firing Pierce before you have his replacement lined up gives other programs opportunities to poach our recruits.  

Let CDC do his job.  

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Screaming for Pierce to be fired now is stupid.  There is nothing to me gained by it.  Most candidates that we would want are likely going to be busy for the next couple of weeks.  Any recruits that are committed obviously like Pierce enough to commit in the first place, and aren't going to suddenly jump ship because our season ended in a Regional.  Firing Pierce before you have his replacement lined up gives other programs opportunities to poach our recruits.  

Let CDC do his job.  

image.png.c07bea509fdfae9c546d9c40cb37e431.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

How long without an announcement until we have to start worrying that Pierce won’t be replaced??

You should feel more confident that he is being replaced with every day that passes. It would be self-sabotage to just say nothing at this point if, for some crazy reason, they did plan on bringing him back.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

July

15 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You should feel more confident that he is being replaced with every day that passes. It would be self-sabotage to just say nothing at this point if, for some crazy reason, they did plan on bringing him back.

These are dead on and if July 15th comes and he’s still here there will have already been some kind of twitter post that says DP is the best coach in college baseball and we’re excited about the SEC or some shit like that. 

Edited by troph

51 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Let CDC do his job.  

Eh, if it’s high school then they would probably wait to see who Texas is going to hire, especially the ones that have already signed. When a head coach is fired, Baseball recruits operate differently than football recruits do and at a place like Texas that can even lean in their favor compared to other programs.

Also, while it’s a little different, Mainieri retired at LSU officially on May 28th prior to LSU hiring Johnson at Arizona. It was almost a full month of not knowing who their next coach was going to be, or at least it was out in the open. They still ended up with the 4th overall recruiting class. I would hope Texas could have the ability to fire Pierce and still hang on to the 3rd overall class in a span of a couple weeks. Put me in the camp that also believes good transfers might give a second thought to Texas to see who they hire instead of already knowing they don’t want to play for Pierce. 

48 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

32 minutes ago, troph said:

These are dead on and if July 15th comes and he’s still here there will have already been some kind of twitter post that says DP is the best coach in college baseball and we’re excited about the SEC or some shit like that. 

If there is no public vote of confidence from CDC by next Monday, he is gone for sure no matter how long it takes to line up a replacement and sack his ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Since CDC hasn't made a post on X/Twitter congratulating the baseball team on a hard-fought-year/blah, etc., that sure as Hell seems like a sign that DP is Gone/Kaput/GTFO, and the next thing we'll hear is that news (DP fired) along with his replacement in the same post.

As @Valmy77 said, I'm also glad that DeLoss Dodds is gone because I was sick of him never saying he "fired" anyone. It was always the Bullshit Bellmont line, "X has been reassigned within the department," and then Shitcanned later out of public view. He fired them, so he needed to fucking say it.

Pierce must be FIRED in July!!

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Since CDC hasn't made a post on X/Twitter congratulating the baseball team on a hard-fought-year/blah, etc., that sure as Hell seems like a sign that DP is Gone/Kaput/GTFO, and the next thing we'll hear is that news (DP fired) along with his replacement in the same post.

As @Valmy77 said, I'm also glad that DeLoss Dodds is gone because I was sick of him never saying he "fired" anyone. It was always the Bullshit Bellmont line, "X has been reassigned within the department," and then Shitcanned later out of public view. He fired them, so he needed to fucking say it.

*June

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

The coaches we may be after won't be done until July.

which cws coach do you think ut targets and why would they leave their current school ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

4 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

With all the portal and draft and recruiting to be done, it does seem insane to wait that long...but I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

Well they did just win the national championship.

And 3 out of the last 4...

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

which cws coach do you think ut targets and why would they leave their current school ?

The same reason people leave jobs all the time.  For the fucking money. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

The same reason people leave jobs all the time.  For the fucking money. 

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Because CDC has likely already identified his guy

Pretty sure he’s always got a list for all sports. Read that somewhere. Probably here so you know it’s true.

• Haha 2

Well, CDC was at the game tonight so I doubt he's working the lines too hard right now.  I completely buy into the narrative that at the very least he would wait until the WCWS is over before dropping a turd in the punchbowl.

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, CDC was at the game tonight so I doubt he's working the lines too hard right now.  I completely buy into the narrative that at the very least he would wait until the WCWS is over before dropping a turd in the punchbowl.

Yeah, seriously doubt CDC was working the lines because OKC is notorious for not having any phone booths.

15 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Will confirm, I check on his X pretty much every day.  About the half the time I'll comment on our BB coaching debacle.  But he did post this..

Should we start a betting pool and guess the day DP finds moving boxes on his desk?

• Hook 'Em 1

CDC’s newsletter is out https://hookem.at/FortyAcresInsider

Baseball concludes season at NCAA Regional

Baseball had a tough ending to the season, as the team was eliminated from the NCAA College Station Regional. This snapped a streak of three-straight NCAA Super Regional appearances. Our guys got things started in College Station with a 12-5 victory over Louisiana in game one, highlighted by a grand slam off the bat of Jalin Flores. The following night, we took a 2-1 lead after a solo homer from Kimble Schuessler in the sixth but couldn't hold on down the stretch and fell 4-2 to the No. 3 national seed and regional host Aggies in 11 innings. The season came to a close Sunday afternoon with a loss to Louisiana in an elimination game. The 2024 team bashed the second-most home runs in program history with 112. Max Belyeu was named the Big 12 Conference Player of the Year and shared the team lead with 18 homers, while Flores also hit 18 homers and led the squad with 56 RBI. We're always disappointed to see the season end, but we're extremely proud of the consistent Texas Fight our team showed all year.

He gone

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Will confirm, I check on his X pretty much every day.  About the half the time I'll comment on our BB coaching debacle.  But he did post this..

Should we start a betting pool and guess the day DP finds moving boxes on his desk?

Swonie and I once watched her pull a Meadow Soprano trying to park her giant ass SUV on Comal near the RF busses. Then we turned around and CDC was standing there on the sidewalk shaking his head.  /csb

• Haha 3
  • Drool 2

35 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Swonie and I once watched her pull a Meadow Soprano trying to park her giant ass SUV on Comal near the RF busses. Then we turned around and CDC was standing there on the sidewalk shaking his head.  /csb

At least he wasn't listening to Journey back in the restaurant. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

At least he wasn't listening to Journey back in the restaurant. 

Oh man... now I remember it as Pierce on the sidewalk, and then the memory cuts to black. CDC was on the other bus wearing a members only jacket. 

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Maybe he's going to hire the OU softball coach to replace Pierce. Improve our baseball program and our softball program at the same time.

42 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Maybe he's going to hire the OU softball coach to replace Pierce. Improve our baseball program and our softball program at the same time.

leave the fucking softball program out of this. 

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic