[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

5 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’m also open to behind the scenes stuff that I’ll never know the specifics of that result in a change.

Just trust him. There is stuff you won’t believe. He can’t tell you but it’s real. Got it?

Now, the common fan can see: Multple Kennedy (not Dee), multiple Ardoins, multiple Duplantiers, multiple Clemens, etc… have sent their kids to play for Pierce. LBJ, Witt, Melendez, etc…. others seniors have returned to play for the guy. 10 guys I can think of transferred/portal here to play for Pierce have made either All Big 12 or All American. His coaching staff followed him to 3 different schools. Tulo has come to coach with him (twice). Former players have come to coach with him (Street and Rupp).  All of that is fact and is way more credible towards people wanting to be around him.  

But tell us there was a real bad meeting and we wouldn’t believe what happened and then show not 1 things that indicates such.

• Fuck You 1

We've unfortunately been through this many times (in other sports), and there are always people who don't want to move on. 

I am too lazy to go back through ancient posts but I am sure there were people who wanted to give Charlie "one more year". I ran into people like that the night after the KU loss in Lawrence. "He needs one more year to turn it around, etc etc"

I don't understand the psychology behind it, and I don't care to because it's a ridiculous position. The program trajectory is pointed down. 

Next year you've got a very young team, if Pierce can keep the class together. And we know he isn't going to hammer the portal. He doesn't have the capital to do so even if he gets off his ass. 

The much better move is to aim at 2026, bring in a new vision, and if you hit a HR hire you still have time to get the portal hot and bridge the transition.

This thing is over, no matter how much people want to light prayer candles and hope and make ridiculous specious arguments for the status quo.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Just repeating what others have said, but CDC not saying anything to this point probably means hes going after someone. Also means CDCs guy is in Omaha. Doesn't mean it's a done deal. If Omaha guy says no, then the question is does CDC have a backup plan or does he stick with DP for now.

Edited by NorthLoop
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, cochamps said:

My post had nothing to do with BO&W.  Balcones has posted dozens of times, all with a posture of defending Pierce.  And you question (twice) whether he is wants to retain him.

I could not see what you were questioning about my original post so I responded in general terms.

i did not question whether Balcones wants to retain Pierce.  I assume he does however.  I left open whether he thinks Pierce is the best option.  I’d say Vitello and Jarrett are upgrades but maybe not attainable.  Johnson and Bakich.  Not convinced they’re upgrades.  I’d also like to see how Pierce does with the backdrop of the SEC.

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

This thing is over, no matter how much people want to light prayer candles and hope and make ridiculous specious arguments for the status quo.

I pray Jobu gives CDC the strength and wisdom to make the right move.

200.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Had Enough said:

I could not see what you were questioning about my original post so I responded in general terms.

i did not question whether Balcones wants to retain Pierce.  I assume he does however.  I left open whether he thinks Pierce is the best option.  I’d say Vitello and Jarrett are upgrades but maybe not attainable.  Johnson and Bakich.  Not convinced they’re upgrades.  I’d also like to see how Pierce does with the backdrop of the SEC.

I don't question whether the Hindenburg crashed. I assume it did, however.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Knowing how CDC works, fire announcement tomorrow AM and hire or at least leak of the hire by that evening or announcement Friday

Don’t see any announcement unless CDC already has another coach on the hook….and if that coach is in Omaha, that’s not going to happen.  Now, if new coach isn’t in Omaha, this could happen…..if players have been told, word would get out…no way that stays under wraps….so…..one thing for sure….the silence is deafening.

6 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

200.gif

You are not a True Believer.

If you were, you would know that Jobu does ot give anything to anyone.

Prayer means nothing to Jobu. Jobu will sell to you that which you desire, provided that you pay sufficiently.

Tobacco, alcohol, cannabis, silk, silver, gold. Jobu is an equal-opportunity Deity.

Jobu's watchwords are "There is no 'r' in Pay".

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

200.gif

wAMaJD.gif.318b0a231040ff73978890a753c6281f.gif

13 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't question whether the Hindenburg crashed. I assume it did, however.

"Oh, The Humanity!"

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Don’t see any announcement unless CDC already has another coach on the hook….and if that coach is in Omaha, that’s not going to happen.  Now, if new coach isn’t in Omaha, this could happen…..if players have been told, word would get out…no way that stays under wraps….so…..one thing for sure….the silence is deafening.

If it’s to the point of a team meeting for inform team then I’d assume he has his guy. Guess we will see over the next couple of days. I can’t hear shit over the silence though. 

34 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Just repeating what others have said, but CDC not saying anything to this point probably means hes going after someone. Also means CDCs guy is in Omaha. Doesn't mean it's a done deal. If Omaha guy says no, then the question is does CDC have a backup plan or does he stick with DP for now.

This, this, and this. This guy gets it. 

19 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

You are not a True Believer.

If you were, you would know that Jobu does ot give anything to anyone.

Prayer means nothing to Jobu. Jobu will sell to you that which you desire, provided that you pay sufficiently.

Tobacco, alcohol, cannabis, silk, silver, gold. Jobu is an equal-opportunity Deity.

Jobu's watchwords are "There is no 'r' in Pay".

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Everyone in the SEC absolutely hates that Tennessee coach. 

No need to work on the SEC rivalries if you hire him, as that’ll be baked into every conference program you face. 

Vit isn’t needed for that. As soon as the SEC realizes how much we don’t give a fuck about them they will hate Texas even more. As soon as they realize not only do we know we are smarter and superior but they realize it too, the hate goes deeper, and finally when we start winning trophies in the “it means more” or whatever the fuck conference it is, their cup will over run with hatred they never thought was possible. Within 10 years Texas will be the most hated program in the conference, you watch.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Vit isn’t needed for that. As soon as the SEC realizes how much we don’t give a fuck about them they will hate Texas even more. As soon as they realize not only do we know we are smarter and superior but they realize it too, the hate goes deeper, and finally when we start winning trophies in the “it means more” or whatever the fuck conference it is, their cup will over run with hatred they never thought was possible. Within 10 years Texas will be the most hated program in the conference, you watch.

With arrogance like this from our fans, we will be there in half that time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, troph said:

let-the-hate-flow-through-you-your-hate-has-made-you-powerful.gif.db43adec7cb68f75cebbbecd3fcfb365.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

With arrogance like this from our fans, we will be there in half that time. 

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

It’s not arrogant when it’s true. We’ve been hated for as long as I’ve been a fan. Nearly every opposing team’s fans that post here on the regular are top notch, bright, interesting people, no doubt and every school has their smart ones, but let’s face it most Texas fans don’t give a shit, Texas wins a lot as an athletic department and we have a top flight university and graduates and our university really doesn’t fit in the SEC academically, it just doesn’t. 

So hire Vit or not, the hate is coming and it’s only going to increase.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, troph said:

It’s not arrogant when it’s true. We’ve been hated for as long as I’ve been a fan. Nearly every opposing team’s fans that post here on the regular are top notch, bright, interesting people, there is not doubt and every school has their smart ones, but let’s face it most Texas fans don’t give a shit, Texas wins a lot as an athletic program and we have a top flight university and graduates and our university really doesn’t fit in the SEC academically, it just doesn’t. 

I just wish we had some more skins on the wall. Last major 3 sports title was in 06. Football is back in the equation for a title now at least. 

Agree on the academics though

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, troph said:

IMG_2837.gif.8528f0a98ff14ee107706756abc26b00.gif

Having you and the dirt burglars in the SEC it’s going to be awesome.  True, there is a very low bar to y’all joining the SEC. Be less pathetic than Piggy and less weird than Aggy and you’ll be a welcome add.  

I do believe you’ve got this.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, troph said:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

It’s not arrogant when it’s true. We’ve been hated for as long as I’ve been a fan. Nearly every opposing team’s fans that post here on the regular are top notch, bright, interesting people, no doubt and every school has their smart ones, but let’s face it most Texas fans don’t give a shit, Texas wins a lot as an athletic department and we have a top flight university and graduates and our university really doesn’t fit in the SEC academically, it just doesn’t. 

Meh! The little ranking wobbles aside, Florida and Texas are very similar academically. We both have multiple programs competing yearly for national championships athletically. Now, Florida does have more recent national championships than Texas in football, basketball and baseball.    If you don’t mind, I’ll just go ahead and exclude Florida from your comment.

I will have to completely agree with you that the SEC is not the ivy league of the South. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Everyone in the SEC absolutely hates that Tennessee coach. 

No need to work on the SEC rivalries if you hire him, as that’ll be baked into every conference program you face. 

ha.  this is funny.  It's baked in from Day 1...regardless of who our coaches are, in any sport that matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, troph said:

This is the way. Different conference, same bunch of jags. Fuck all of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Florida and Vandy are worthy of academic praise.  Somebody name a school besides Texas in the Big 12 that deserves similar praise.  I seriously think Iowa State might be #2.

BYU is probably the best academic institution in the Big 12 now. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Yall inflating floridas academics a bit

Not at all. They’ve shot up the rankings in a myriad of undergraduate and graduate programs, let alone their overall undergraduate ranking. 

18 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

BYU is probably the best academic institution in the Big 12 now. 

I forgot about BYU.  My thinking about Iowa State is probably skewed by the fact that I'm most aware of engineering departments, and theirs is pretty decent.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Florida and Vandy are worthy of academic praise.  Somebody name a school besides Texas in the Big 12 that deserves similar praise.  I seriously think Iowa State might be #2.

Texas Tech was the question to one of the answers in the Jeopardy Master's Tournament.?!??!

12 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I recently learned firsthand to never believe any rumors about Texas coaching hires while CDC is the AD, no matter how many people claim to have a "reliable inside source". Explanation: I swam for Texas, and one of my teammates (who was one of my groomsmen in my wedding) is now married to CDC's personal assistant. During the UT swim program's recent head coach hiring process, I figured I was in position to get all the inside info and/or leaks before the official announcement was made. I read lots of "insider source" rumors on various college swimming message boards, but each time I checked with my buddy his response was basically "I haven't heard a single word about any of it. I wouldn't risk my wife's job by telling you the name if I knew it, but I swear I don't even know the name". And sure enough, once the official announcement was made (Bowman) was not one of the 2-3 names I had been hearing from those "insider source" rumors. The moral of the story: if CDC's was able to keep the name of the new swim coach from leaking through his personal assistant who is married to an ex UT swimmer, I trust his abilities to make other hires without leaking info as well. This actually makes me sad, because I used to love reading into the rumors and getting fired up, but that fairy tale is over for me. On the flip side of that: the fact that CDC was able to hire a swim coach 2 days after he won a national championship for another school gives me great confidence that he's not going to swing and miss on this hire. I agree with all that have said the silence thus far is a great sign. He'll make the announcement once he has his guy, so I tend to agree that his guy is probably in Omaha. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

I recently learned firsthand to never believe any rumors about Texas coaching hires while CDC is the AD, no matter how many people claim to have a "reliable inside source". Explanation: I swam for Texas, and one of my teammates (who was one of my groomsmen in my wedding) is now married to CDC's personal assistant. During the UT swim program's recent head coach hiring process, I figured I was in position to get all the inside info and/or leaks before the official announcement was made. I read lots of "insider source" rumors on various college swimming message boards, but each time I checked with my buddy his response was basically "I haven't heard a single word about any of it. I wouldn't risk my wife's job by telling you the name if I knew it, but I swear I don't even know the name". And sure enough, once the official announcement was made (Bowman) was not one of the 2-3 names I had been hearing from those "insider source" rumors. The moral of the story: if CDC's was able to keep the name of the new swim coach from leaking through his personal assistant who is married to an ex UT swimmer, I trust his abilities to make other hires without leaking info as well. This actually makes me sad, because I used to love reading into the rumors and getting fired up, but that fairy tale is over for me. On the flip side of that: the fact that CDC was able to hire a swim coach 2 days after he won a national championship for another school gives me great confidence that he's not going to swing and miss on this hire. I agree with all that have said the silence thus far is a great sign. He'll make the announcement once he has his guy, so I tend to agree that his guy is probably in Omaha. 

Do you like the Bowman hire?

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

Do you like the Bowman hire?

I love it. I'll admit he wasn't on my wish list, but I think that was mainly because I didn't even see him as a viable option. Due to his recent success with building a program from nothing into a national champion in 3 years, I didn't think he'd even be interested in leaving ASU. I've obviously always known him as "the coach that created the greatest swimmer of all time", but I never really knew much more about his coaching style. Once the hire was announced, I dug into videos, podcasts, interviews, etc. to learn more about how he runs a team, and I was fired up with what I saw. Once the initial shock wore off, I was left firmly believing that CDC made the best possible hire for a vacancy that was left by the greatest to ever do it. I realized the other names on my wish list ultimately made no sense compared to someone with a resume like Bowman. With all that being said: I don't think we can rule out anyone for the baseball job, even if it's whoever wins it all in Omaha next week. 

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@Doc Sam Beckett any chance Clemson folks are chirping about Bakich packing his bags?

Haven't heard anything, and a lot of the players, including the #1 starter are shutting down portal talk. I know Bakich isn't well thought of on the Surl, but he has a lot of people excited in Clemson. 

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic