[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Since when is discussion of the top 5 not about the CWS? They’ve done little else other than end the season with a win. Thats kinda a big deal. Do I want to win and then suck the next year? No. But winning one means way more than celebrating consistently almost.

I suppose each person can define their own metric.  

Fresno State is one of the top 15 programs over the past 15 years.  One of the top 30 or so historically great programs.  If you define it by winning and nothing else matters, then I can live with that.

That’s just not how I’d define program success over a period of time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

What is this off field shit? Just come out and say it. Everyone knew Herman was a drunk and fucked Kendra Scott. There was no hush hush bullshit.

That’s something Tom and I have in common I guess

Edited by closetohumping
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I suppose each person can define their own metric.  

Fresno State is one of the top 15 programs over the past 15 years.  One of the top 30 or so historically great programs.  If you define it by winning and nothing else matters, then I can live with that.

That’s just not how I’d define program success over a period of time.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Since when is discussion of the top 5 not about the CWS? They’ve done little else other than end the season with a win. Thats kinda a big deal. Do I want to win and then suck the next year? No. But winning one means way more than celebrating consistently almost.

So you are saying Coastal Carolina has been more successful or ranks higher than Texas over the last 15 years? 

Coastal Carolina went to 1 CWS in last 15 years. They won. 

Texas has been 6 times in 15 years. Finishing 2nd, 3rd and 3rd. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Balcones said:

So you are saying Coastal Carolina has been more successful or ranks higher than Texas over the last 15 years? 

I love finishing 2nd. Not sure about you guys but not winning is my favorite.

And if you can’t see the difference between CC and the rest of the teams being discussed then you deserve all of the ridicule you’re getting.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I love finishing 2nd. Not sure about you guys but not winning is my favorite.

And if you can’t see the difference between CC and the rest of the teams being discussed then you deserve all of the ridicule you’re getting.

If you haven’t read, finishing second is the standard. Aka competing for a championship. Third is close, but not quite there.

But you are the one that says consistency pales in comparison to winning it all.  Are you saying it only matters if you aren’t Fresno or Coastal?

• Fuck You 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Balcones said:

If you haven’t read, finishing second is the standard. Aka competing for a championship. Third is close, but not quite there.

But you are the one that says consistency pales in comparison to winning it all.  Are you saying it only matters if you aren’t Fresno or Coastal?

Ok man. Have a good time. Do you think this is a top 5 program since 2021? Because that is what this discussion is about. Not 8 years ago. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

You trying to correlate Texas baseball to coastal Carolina in terms of expectations is fucking pathetic. You should feel so fucking bad for even trying to make such comparisons. Literally eat shit loser. Your fucking bum ass coach is getting canned. Hope you fucking disappear from this board after Pierce is fired or you’ll probably show up under another alias. Fucking most pathetic kind of fan there is. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You trying to correlate Texas baseball to coastal Carolina in terms of expectations is fucking pathetic. You should feel so fucking bad for even trying to make such comparisons. Literally eat shit loser. Your fucking bum ass coach is getting canned. Hope you fucking disappear from this board after Pierce is fired or you’ll probably show up under another alias. Fucking most pathetic kind of fan there is. 

He won’t be able to help himself…

source.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Fucking most pathetic kind of fan there is. 

No. Being a little bitch and hoping the team loses so you can watch a coach leave is. And that’s you.  Watching how happy you are after our guys make an error in College Station is as bad as it gets.  Admit it. You were pissed this team went 20-10 in conference. Winning each series set you back on your little side fandom of rooting against the coach. Your worst fear was this team getting to a super or God forbid, Omaha. But if they made it, you were ready with the, “2 and que!!! He sucks”.  It’s pathetic.

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

No. Being a little bitch and hoping the team loses so you can watch a coach leave is. And that’s you.  Watching how happy you are after our guys make an error in College Station is as bad as it gets.  Admit it. You were pissed this team went 20-10 in conference. Winning each series set you back on your little side fandom of rooting against the coach. Your worst fear was this team getting to a super or God forbid, Omaha. But if they made it, you were ready with the, “2 and que!!! He sucks”.  It’s pathetic.

You’re projecting bad there bro. I never rooted for us to lose and our shortstop fucking up routine plays is 100% on him and he deserves to be shit on. just because I didn’t expect us to make it out of the regional doesn’t mean I’m rooting for them to lose. 

you’re bragging about a team that finished 3rd in conference and went 2nQ in conference tournament and didn’t make it out of regional. 

let that sink in you pathetic loser. 

sorry I have higher expectations for Texas baseball than some drunk angry fuck coach that has the program on a negative trajectory. 

3 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Winning each series

BYU

Not to be pedantic, but that was kind of a kick in the nuts.  Ultimately, 20-10 wasn't bad.  The early season and midweek losses really added up, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re projecting bad there bro. I never rooted for us to lose and our shortstop fucking up routine plays is 100% on him and he deserves to be shit on. just because I didn’t expect us to make it out of the regional doesn’t mean I’m rooting for them to lose. 

You are a fucking liar. All you want was this team to lose.

Win the Big 12 tournament and you would have shit on the coach for winning shit that doesn’t matter. Go to Omaha? They lost by too many points. Get 3rd place? That’s not competing for a championship. Win 9 of 10 conference series? Yeah, but BYU. Win Big 12 POY? Yeah but the conference sucks and Belyeu isn’t that great. 

Keep on shitting on them and convince yourself you are the best fan.

• Fuck You 6

Posted (edited)

Notice the thread is hot with replies

Scrolls to see the secret lovers are back at it 

edit: not everyone but you two know who you are  

Im Out GIF

Edited by Levi
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, troph said:

A few posts up you said you wanted to change the standard?

You pushed back when we explained the standard. I spoke in generalities then you tried to say I changed it. I didn’t, I explained it. There’s nothing on the 40 acres more clear than the standard for Texas baseball. Get to Omaha, compete for championships when there.

fact is Texas leads in nearly every post season statistic except titles and maybe CWS winning percentage, every other category … #1.

holding that position is the standard and if you make it to Omaha 2/5 years and compete for the last weekend instead of getting bounced 0-2 3 out of 4 trips then the stats rack up and the trophies will come.

DP was close but that’s not good enough. 

He totally supported keeping Pierce and now he’s trying to hide behind bs “standard” and “data”. Now he’s flipped. It happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

He totally supported keeping Pierce and now he’s trying to hide behind bs “standard” and “data”. Now he’s flipped. It happens. 

I supported DP. Even late in the season I wasn’t convinced about moving on because there aren’t great options. Then we went 1-2 in a regional. DP got a long leash because the results were there. With the other problems, once the results aren’t there, well bye.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Ok man. Have a good time. Do you think this is a top 5 program since 2021? Because that is what this discussion is about. Not 8 years ago. 

The only argument you’ve made is winning it all.  You’ve stated nothing else other than effectively call me a dumbass.

So when you are referring to Coastal, the argument simply changes the timeline from since 2021 to 8 years.  Or Fresno at 15 (maybe it was 16 years ago).  If winning it all is the only metric, then Coastal is a top 8 program of the past 8 years.  Fresno top 15 over the past 15 years.

Since I referenced 2021, we only have 3 winners since that time.  For now anyway.  From the ACC, that leaves NCState and Virgina as maybes.  Tennessee a maybe even though we beat them at the CWS.  UF maybe. I’m not sure how you’d argue anyone from any other conference.  Certainly not definitively.  Even if you disagree with my statement, my claim is definitely arguable.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

The only argument you’ve made is winning it all.  You’ve stated nothing else other than effectively call me a dumbass.

So when you are referring to Coastal, the argument simply changes the timeline from since 2021 to 8 years.  Or Fresno at 15 (maybe it was 16 years ago).  If winning it all is the only metric, then Coastal is a top 8 program of the past 8 years.  Fresno top 15 over the past 15 years.

Since I referenced 2021, we only have 3 winners since that time.  For now anyway.  From the ACC, that leaves NCState and Virgina as maybes.  Tennessee a maybe even though we beat them at the CWS.  UF maybe. I’m not sure how you’d argue anyone from any other conference.  Certainly not definitively.  Even if you disagree with my statement, my claim is definitely arguable.

You said this was a top 5 program since 2021. I said it isn’t. Any team that has won a title since 2021 is a better program than we are since 2021. That can change as the time frame gets longer. Why is this so hard?

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

our shortstop fucking up routine plays is 100% on him and he deserves to be shit on. 

He deserves to be shit on for that?

And actually the first one was not routine.  The throw should have been easy but the ball was hard hit.

I was going to sell two of my Georgia tickets but I’m thinking about giving them to y’all two. Y’all can learn to love each other during the game or fuck each other up in a winner take all pregame. They’re on the 50. 

Team Vitello 

2 minutes ago, Hozey11 said:

I was going to sell two of my Georgia tickets but I’m thinking about giving them to y’all two. Y’all can learn to love each other during the game or fuck each other up in a winner take all pregame. They’re on the 50. 

Team Vitello 

I'm gonna need tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Balcones said:

Isn’t getting there, half the fun?

11 minutes ago, Hozey11 said:

Team Vitello 

#humblebrag

• Hook 'Em 1

Weird reading this love spat. Both of yall have valid points. maybe yall need to race winner gets ctj. 
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS BASEBALL IS A TOP THREE PROGRAM ALL TIME , AND YOU CAN ARGUE ALL TIME WITH A CAN OF SOUP AS COACH…..so stop with this Texas Baseball is off the map shit 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Hookem10 said:

Weird reading this love spat. Both of yall have valid points. maybe yall need to race winner gets ctj. 
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS BASEBALL IS A TOP THREE PROGRAM ALL TIME , AND YOU CAN ARGUE ALL TIME WITH A CAN OF SOUP AS COACH…..so stop with this Texas Baseball is off the map shit 

Uphold the standard, never devalue or diminish what Texas baseball is and should be. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You said this was a top 5 program since 2021. I said it isn’t. Any team that has won a title since 2021 is a better program than we are since 2021. That can change as the time frame gets longer. Why is this so hard?

How many years is the cutoff?  It’s arbitrary I get it.

Only 3 teams have won it since 2021  to date.  That leaves two spots.  Tennessee has been pretty consistent but not too many others.

The argument in our favor is 65% conference winning percentage.  4 regional appearances.  3 super regionals (lost by 1 run).  2 CWS appearances.  

Anyway we’re not getting anywhere so I’ll be done.

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

Only 3 teams have won it since 2021  to date.  That leaves two spots.  Tennessee has been pretty consistent but not too many others.

The argument in our favor is 65% conference winning percentage.  4 regional appearances.  3 super regionals (lost by 1 run).  2 CWS appearances.  

Change your name to Dumb Enough

12 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Why is this so hard to understand?
Aggy has made Omaha as many times as we have. Tennessee now has also. Those teams are clearly ahead of us. Florida has played for titles. LSU, and the Mississippi’s have won titles. Virginia has been 3 times. Stanford 3 times. Arkansas 2 times.

In what world are we a top 5 program in the time frame you laid out?

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Change your name to Dumb Enough

BO&W and I on the same side of this thing is something I didn’t think I’d see but sometimes the other side is just too dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Balcones said:

Hang the fucking banner. 20-10 in a conference with zero CWS teams. Lost by dog balls in an elimination game against a team from a shit pile town in a shit pile state where we have 50000x the money they have and oh by the way were seeded better than us because we routinely lost to directional Texas schools throughout the season.

Where’s the ticker tape parade. 

• Hook 'Em 2

If anyone was curious, I did look a little deeper on a few teams since 2021.

A&M.   in one year they finished 1 game out of last place in conference.  In another year they were 10th in conference with a losing record and didn’t get out of the regional.  As of now, they have fewer CWS wins over that time.  They’ve only made 2 Supers and 3 Regionals.  

Stanford 3 CWS trips.  One of those occurred because we lost a ball in the twilight.  They were better than us but not by a ton.  They were 11 games under .500 this year.  So 1 more CWS appearance.  1 less regional appearance.  Only 1 CWS Win.  Over another PAC 12 team.  Our best team is likely better than their best team.  Our worst team is easily better than their worst.

Arkansas.  By my count, 1 CWS appearance since 2021.  Lost in the last two regionals.  0-3 versus Big 12 teams in those two regionals.  At home.  Lost to TCU by a combined 23 runs in two games in 2023.  Lost to a .500 KSU in 2024.  Good 2022 run.  Very good in the regular season.  Lost the Super in 2021.

Virginia.  3 CWS.  4 Regionals. 3 Supers.  1 CWS win to date.  One of those CWS teams was .500 in conference and 9 games over for the season.  The Big 12 was higher in the RPI.

Florida.  Couldn’t get out of their own regional in 2 years including losing to a Big 12 team.  Lost one game 19-1.  This year is tbd.  Lucky to get in the tourney but still going.  Good 2023 run to the championship series.  .500 conference record one year, sub .500 another.  2 CWS appearances.  2 supers.  4 regionals.  They were 3-1 versus the Big 12 in the 2023 post season.  I believe we were 5-1 against those same teams in the regular season.

• Like 1

Calling my shot. Vitello to Texas. Schloss to Tennessee. Pierce to Rice. Steve Rodriguez to aggy. Make it so. 

3 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

What’s with all the vague references to DP’s off the field matters? 

He’s in deep with the sharks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

What’s with all the vague references to DP’s off the field matters? 

I've heard it on good authority that he watches Bridgerton, but fast forwards through all the tasteless nudity.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Balcones said:

You are a fucking liar. All you want was this team to lose.

Win the Big 12 tournament and you would have shit on the coach for winning shit that doesn’t matter. Go to Omaha? They lost by too many points. Get 3rd place? That’s not competing for a championship. Win 9 of 10 conference series? Yeah, but BYU. Win Big 12 POY? Yeah but the conference sucks and Belyeu isn’t that great. 

Keep on shitting on them and convince yourself you are the best fan.

Uhmmm...points? 

animal-house-forget-it-he's-rolling.gif

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Balcones said:

IMG_0474.thumb.jpeg.51bc68b1a68577c68cc7f177d40f78e0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic