[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

1 hour ago, troph said:

This angle you’ve taken a few times doesn’t help your look, and that’s saying something. Quite frankly it’s bullshit, rude, mean and most important not very clever. 

Motto-worthy, IMO.

Print up some shirts!

1 hour ago, troph said:

This angle you’ve taken a few times doesn’t help your look, and that’s saying something. Quite frankly it’s bullshit, rude, mean and most important not very clever. 

Surly even.  

Someone does not agree with my stupid take so they must be retarded.

1 hour ago, troph said:

If he doesn’t get his act together we could declare a fatwa and be done with him. I rarely recommend that as a solution, but he’s progressively getting more lame. 
image.gif.a1c27aa2c30ac0e11f52ed247022ddcb.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

If he doesn’t get his act together we could declare a fatwa and be done with him. I rarely recommend that as a solution, but he’s progressively getting more lame. 
image.gif.a1c27aa2c30ac0e11f52ed247022ddcb.gif

Balcones is alright in general. Maybe he's just tired of everyone running down the coaching staff, players, and the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, petscii said:

Balcones is alright in general. Maybe he's just tired of everyone running down the coaching staff, players, and the team.

And Mack was still alright in general the last few years aside from putting no effort into scouting/recruiting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

She’s is Mrs Pierce . Could be a he? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I was sort of thinking Mrs Pierce, but even she would know that baseball doesn't count points...

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Quite the Friday night in here. Shut the laptop and have a beer, my God

Maybe it might be the other way around of,  "You have had several beers, don't open the laptop and instead go fuck someone's wife"

Watching the teams, batting, and especially PITCHING and FIELDING in the CWS has overwhelming convinced me that DP has got to go! We're currently not even close to what is at the CWS today, with no expectation to be competitive with these teams an players. No brainer, without a doubt. a change is needed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Watching the teams, batting, and especially PITCHING and FIELDING in the CWS has overwhelming convinced me that DP has got to go! We're currently not even close to what is at the CWS today, with no expectation to be competitive with these teams a players. No brainer, without a doubt. a change is needed.

So this is what broke you? Not getting our asses beat on Tuesday nights or finishing 3rd in a down conference? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Watching the teams, batting, and especially PITCHING and FIELDING in the CWS has overwhelming convinced me that DP has got to go! We're currently not even close to what is at the CWS today, with no expectation to be competitive with these teams an players. No brainer, without a doubt. a change is needed.

I get the sentiment, but we held one of these teams to a couple of runs and were two errors away from beating them and likely being in the CWS. We didn’t have the consistency, but the idea that we couldn’t be competitive with them for a couple of games seems overly pessimistic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I get the sentiment, but we held one of these teams to a couple of runs and were two errors away from beating them and likely being in the CWS. We didn’t have the consistency, but the idea that we couldn’t be competitive with them for a couple of games seems overly pessimistic. 

I think your take is overly optimistic given our recent CWS history. 0-2 would be more likely than any other outcome.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

The two errors were a microcosm of our season. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Likely being in the CWS???? Did you see our pitching situation against Louisiana the next day? Nothing was likely. Nevermind the whole having to win a whole Super Regional for this fantasy to come to reality.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Likely being in the CWS???? Did you see our pitching situation against Louisiana the next day? Nothing was likely. Nevermind the whole having to win a whole Super Regional for this fantasy to come to reality.

If we beat them in 9, Andre is available.  ULaLa was aided greatly by two hits in the 8th and one in the 9th with exit velos in the 50/60 range.

I am not sure we beat the Aggies again.  If we would have, Oregon wasn’t going to beat us 2 of 3.

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

If we beat them in 9, Andre is available.  ULaLa was aided greatly by two hits in the 8th and one in the 9th with exit velos in the 50/60 range.

I am not sure we beat the Aggies again.  If we would have, Oregon wasn’t going to beat us 2 of 3.

lol 

I mean anything is technically possible but this team was never consistent all year but all of a sudden they are just gonna roll.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 4

Yeah Ace and Andre never get anybody out.  We never win 2 of 3 in a series even though that’s what we’re best suited for doing.

I am not sure we had anyone as good as the two 10+ ERA guys Oregon threw at the Aggies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I mean anything is technically possible but this team was never consistent all year but all of a sudden they are just gonna roll.

giphy.gif

Winning 9 of 10 Big 12 weekend series is not consistent?  It was probably like 11 or 12 wins versus 2 losses I think.

As I said I’m not sure we beat the Aggies but Ace and Andre give you a chance.

2 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Watching the teams, batting, and especially PITCHING and FIELDING in the CWS has overwhelming convinced me that DP has got to go! We're currently not even close to what is at the CWS today, with no expectation to be competitive with these teams a players. No brainer, without a doubt. a change is needed.

Chill out bro…The University of Texas would be fine playing those teams, have some self respect. We would lose but stand tall sir , BEVO WILL BE BACK 

31 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

That’s not how we like to talk around here. Ifs and woulds are for aggys not for longhorns. Just more reason we need a change.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

47 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The pitching in the CWS has been pretty underwhelming.  So many fat pitches.

This is why I think anyone can win it. I don't think anybody has a true lights out ace.

28 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s not how we like to talk around here. Ifs and woulds are for aggys not for longhorns. Just more reason we need a change.

Sure. Sounds like change is coming.  That’s fine if CDC warrants it.

From whom did we adopt the whiny and defeatist attitude though?  

I’ve always been curious if this board is representative of our crowds.  Lots of shit talkin here but mostly soft assed dudes roaming the stadium.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Sure. Sounds like change is coming.  That’s fine if CDC warrants it.

From whom did we adopt the whiny and defeatist attitude though?  

I’ve always been curious if this board is representative of our crowds.  Lots of shit talkin here but mostly soft assed dudes roaming the stadium.

Defeatist? You mean realist? Get your head out of the clouds with your aggie like delusion. And we all know your grasping at straws just like Balcones when you have to say shit like the bolded. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Victor R. Franko said:

Did you watch the Tennessee/FSU game? 5 errors (arguably 7) and 23 runs scored? 31 total hits! Pitching? fielding? Fuck.

Why shit on our players over that? 

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean, bringing it up in the first place is. Thinking we could take a series against Oregon isn’t. 

Sorry for following the conversation.  But yeah that was likely much easier than beating the Aggies 2 of 3.

Interesting that claims of definitive losses equals acceptable commentary.  Confidence unacceptable.  Got it.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic