[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Billy and Bibb did some solid work here too. Fucking insane, we’ve had legends coaching us since WW1 then Pierce who would be a legend at aggy but he’s mediocre to us. 

The run we've had on such a few number of coaches is pretty astonishing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Horrific take. Brown was allowed to stay because let's see, he won a title on 05, shouldve won one in 09, and was a perennial title contender from 04-09. He didnt silver tongue his way into anything. 

I almost didn't respond, because I have a dislike for making fun of morons. But you deserve it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

We all know how this works….the announcement that he’s been shitcanned will come on Tuesday after the CWS is over and the new hire will be announced on the Thursday of the following week.

No way CDC lets it sit for nine days.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Some rando that works for D1 named Patrick Ebert thinks Pierce is staying. Would fly in the face of everything his boss Kendall has said 

Wishcasting/Pure-Hatred.

That Idiot wants Texas to get nuked in SEC play next year with Pierce as coach in hopes of making the Texas baseball coach position into something so toxic that it won't soon recover nor be able to attract any good baseball coaches, much less great ones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

There's always the risk in waiting for one of the elite guys from the CWS that they may change their mind after a deal had presumably been reached. These teams are also our rivals so would benefit from schadenfreude that prevents us from upgrading the coaching position. 

CDC has gotta earn his money here

12 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From SECRANT:

Per radio reports (I dont have a link). 

They said it will be announced after the CWS is over. 

Poor Texas and Pig fans.

If we were hiring Van Horn, why would we wait until after the CWS?

24 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From SECRANT:

Poor Texas and Pig fans.

Really important context left out. 

The title of the thread referenced here: "Tony V Has Signed Extension With Da Vols"

Van Horn was really good at Nebraska.

I only occasionally laugh at Arkansas fucking up but I don't have a good perspective on how he has been as a coach there overall. I mean at least he got to the championship series in 2019, more than Pierce ever did.

52 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

From SECRANT:

Poor Texas and Pig fans.

Why should Arkansas fans be disappointed, is Arkansas really viewed as a definitively better job/program than Tennessee?    

Oh ok I thought it was announcing we were going to hire van Horn. Well we'll see what gets announced after the CWS. Vitello seems kind of like a jerk so I won't cry too much if we don't get him.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Some rando that works for D1 named Patrick Ebert thinks Pierce is staying. Would fly in the face of everything his boss Kendall has said 

if true, why isn’t he signing up transfers ?

3 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Wishcasting/Pure-Hatred.

That Idiot wants Texas to get nuked in SEC play next year with Pierce as coach in hopes of making the Texas baseball coach position into something so toxic that it won't soon recover nor be able to attract any good baseball coaches, much less great ones.

Kendall also said he thought Pierce would stay, it was part of his "I think they would go after Jay Johnson" clickbaiting/masterbating posts of his.   No one reports the part where he said he thought he would stay.

1 minute ago, petscii said:

Kendall also said he thought Pierce would stay, it was part of his "I think they would go after Jay Johnson" clickbaiting/masterbating posts of his.   No one reports the part where he said he thought he would stay.

I don't think Kendall ever said that. The whole premise of his comment on the radio show was based around him being asked if any jobs would be coming open and him saying "I would keep an eye on the Texas job. From everything I hear, they are likely going to make a move"

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't think Kendall ever said that. The whole premise of his comment on the radio show was based around him being asked if any jobs would be coming open and him saying "I would keep an eye on the Texas job. From everything I hear, they are likely going to make a move"

I can't find the quote, maybe I misread it.  He also might be more blood in the water now than he was 1-2 weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If we weren’t making a move, they would have given some sort of announcement or something 

Yeah, this has been pointed out over and over, and some people just don't seem to get it.  There is no way Pierce is coming back.

1 minute ago, BlackCat said:

Has there been any real information that we have targeted these coaches? Or are our future conference mates making shit up to make themselves look good?

Isn’t he at the point in his contract where traditionally a coach would either get an extension or get fired?  He would be trying to recruit with only two years in his contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If we weren’t making a move, they would have given some sort of announcement or something 

If we were not making a move you have to give him an extension, it's that simple. You can't let him coach next year with 2 years remaining on contract. He's getting canned.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just can't go into SEC with Pierce coaching Texas

In my 45 years of being a fan I’m pretty sure the only time A&M has been good at a sport is when Texas is down. We are watching proof Pierce has to go tonight. Fuck this Aggy winning anything shit. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 5

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, troph said:

In my 45 years of being a fan I’m pretty sure the only time A&M has been good at a sport is when Texas is down. We are watching proof Pierce has to go tonight. Fuck this Aggy winning anything shit. 

They finally have a really good program builder, one of the best in the business. A&M is going to be good whether Texas is or not as long as Schlossnagle is there

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

They finally have a really good program builder, one of the best in the business. A&M is going to be good whether Texas is or not as long as Schlossnagle is there

A&M would have significantly more difficulty if Texas was really good. 

52 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just can't go into SEC with Pierce coaching Texas

At least his style of fucking around the first half of the season might not hurt us that bad in the "everybody gets a regional" conference.

11 minutes ago, troph said:

A&M would have significantly more difficulty if Texas was really good. 

Jim built TCU into a national contender while in the MWC in the shadow of Augie Garrido and Texas. Winning at A&M and getting to recruit with that SEC patch is easy to him.

Just now, chase25 said:

Jim built TCU into a national contender while in the MWC in the shadow of Augie Garrido and Texas. Winning at A&M and getting to recruit with that SEC patch is easy to him.

I’m not in an arguing mood - you can have it. 

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

They went to the CWS in 2022 the year after we made a run for it so I’m not sure that tracks.

Same you can be right this one time.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic