[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ll happily take a staff of Vitello, Anderson and Tulo

Happily? I’d make sure each of you gave up at least one nut in your nutsack for those three on our staff. Holy shit balls that would be fantastic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Happily? I’d make sure each of you gave up at least one nut in your nutsack for those three on our staff. Holy shit balls that would be fantastic.

If this happens, I’ll go ahead and stay away from you at the next surly happy hour/tailgate/watch party. 

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.c8fe34982265a16223bfe0af9c0615b6.png

@Hookem2147

Interesting. He seems to be in an inbetween place of wanting to be a head coach but also wanting to enjoy life in Austin with his wife and kids living on the lake.

Would be great if he chose to stay and the next coach wanted him on. I’d assume it would be a similar role he had this year. The recruiting aspect will always be a question with him. His name holds a ton of weight and does some heavy lifting for him but does he want to continually put up with the bullshit that comes with recruiting 15-17 year olds? As a head man you can delegate some of that but if you are an on-field assistant you have to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Interesting. He seems to be in an inbetween place of wanting to be a head coach but also wanting to enjoy life in Austin with his wife and kids living on the lake.

Would be great if he chose to stay and the next coach wanted him on. I’d assume it would be a similar role he had this year. The recruiting aspect will always be a question with him. His name holds a ton of weight and does some heavy lifting for him but does he want to continually put up with the bullshit that comes with recruiting 15-17 year olds? As a head man you can delegate some of that but if you are an on-field assistant you have to do it.

It almost seems like Rodgers is hinting at something bigger for Tulo at Texas ...

8 hours ago, VoteforHank said:

Same. Make aggy exceed any offer we make to save face. Sky’s the limit. Humiliate their ass.  

We should offer Schloss the exact terms of Jimbo's contract extension and watch them shit their pants.

34 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

We should offer Schloss the exact terms of Jimbo's contract extension and watch them shit their pants.

I’d also be more than fine with stealing Schloss from aggy, him bringing that pitching coach and keeping Tulo around. 

I’ve said it before but dream scenario. Vitello to us. Schloss to Tennessee. Pierce to Rice. Steve Rodriguez to aggy. 

• Drool 1

8 hours ago, troph said:

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

If this happens, I’ll go ahead and stay away from you at the next surly happy hour/tailgate/watch party. 

@troph and @Nicole44 would make one hell of a dangerous combo out on the town. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 hours ago, Balcones said:

So by not saying anything isn’t he blasting to the media he is getting rid of Pierce?

If he keeps it close to his chest wouldn’t he be positive about team, this season, next season? By not saying anything isn’t he shouting his negative support for DP?

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Uh….something ain’t quite right in Austin, right now…..but the water is beginning to simmer a little.

I view it as things are going about as should be expected right now, for those who've accepted that Pierce returning is not the preferred option, and that the preferred option involves someone who is currently still coaching their team in the CWS. 

Edited by UncleBuck

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I heard something from the agent world that seems like we could get our guy. I don't believe it until it happens, but it would make our little brother hate us even more if it is true.

ha. agents are in the business of getting their clients raises.  Schloss about get the Jimbo contract.

• Drool 1

There are a few guys. Schloss is one. Vitello is one. Nobody here would be unhappy with either one. Their circumstances would seem to make them highly unlikely, so speculation is rampant. It's a fun time to watch great baseball in the CWS and imagine what we could be with their coaches. 

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

because it is CDC I give it a chance.  Schloss isn't married to the aggy weirdness for sure.

Yep. Plus Alberts seems like a fucking dumbass 

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep. Plus Alberts seems like a fucking dumbass 

This simple fact together with his CDC time back at TCU is what puts Schloss in play.

It would be glorious, particularly if aggy hoists the trophy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

aggy will pull out all of the stops to keep Schloss if they win the CWS. 

Of course if Schloss were to bail on them in that scenario then College Station will burn. 

So it needs to happen.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

This simple fact together with his CDC time back at TCU is what puts Schloss in play.

It would be glorious, particularly if aggy hoists the trophy.

If he brings about half their roster with him there might be actual suicides in CS. 

• Haha 1

A&M will match anything we offer, they're doing an 80 million dollar renovation on their ball park, and he has the program built for longterm success. If CDC pulls that off a&m will never live it down. We would be farting right on their face while the rest of the conference points and laughs. Feels too good to be true but its a&m we are talking about. They blow bubbles at their games. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BlackCat said:

A&M will match anything we offer, they're doing an 80 million dollar renovation on their ball park, and he has the program built for longterm success. If CDC pulls that off a&m will never live it down. We would be farting right on their face while the rest of the conference points and laughs. Feels too good to be true but its a&m we are talking about. They blow bubbles at their games. 

Yeah, boy.

The very unlikeliness makes it all the sweeter to contemplate.

36 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

because it is CDC I give it a chance.  Schloss isn't married to the aggy weirdness for sure.

Twice in two weeks he's had to apologize for that fan base.  I can only imagine how weird they are out of the spotlight.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Twice in two weeks he's had to apologize for that fan base.  I can only imagine how weird they are out of the spotlight.

Yep. All the while, he's on the phone every day with his buddy Chris, who's on the other end like:

Come Let Me Love You GIF

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Not really sure if there is "clearly something amiss" in Austin right now.

I think he was trying to say, something is going on behind the scenes, but we don't know what. instead he tried to use fancy TU words and mucked it up.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, troph said:

Excuse Me What GIF

• Haha 2

only five teams remain, and if we go another day or two, I have a hard time believing in the day and age of NIL that our next coach has ended his season. so that leaves, Vit, Schloss, Sully, Mingione or Jarrett. I don't think it's Jarrett at all. So Vit, Schloss, Sully, or Mingione.

I think CDC knows what he has in Texas baseball and provided he's going to commit the resources, which he will, I'm betting we land Vit or Schloss.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I know about the 2 dipshits getting tossed and banned from Omaha, but what was the other one? I was in Koh Samui, purposely avoiding news.

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, wood said:

I know about the 2 dipshits getting tossed and banned from Omaha, but what was the other one? I was in Koh Samui, purposely avoiding news.

They probably booed George Strait, fuckin' weirdos

8 minutes ago, troph said:

I think he was trying to say, something is going on behind the scenes, but we don't know what. instead he tried to use fancy TU words and mucked it up.

Yeah that sentence makes a lot more sense if it reads "something is afoot in Austin". That's probably what he was shooting for, but his aggy edumucation reared its ugly head.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, wood said:

People trying to blame the 3rd base coach for Montgomery getting hurt after sending him to home.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.thumb.png.f823c6762ff16282c0bc075c81c38dbf.pngimage.thumb.png.826d7b6a63c545272f82cbd5a12916c0.png

I mean, they're kinda not wrong (outside of us being "bottom 10 percent" idiots). If I had a gun to my head and had to give an opinion on whether or not Schloss would leave aggy for Texas right now, I'd say no. It's just not something that happens often at this level. Doesn't mean I don't think CDC isn't going to try/hasn't tried his hardeset, and that the deep friendship they share can't be a factor. I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Edited by UncleBuck

Admittedly I am completely out of the loop when it comes to baseball. But have any insiders left hints on who they think we are getting? I see a lot of speculation that we are stealing Schloss or the Tennessee guy but haven’t seen any insiders hint at anyone we are after.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic