[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

On 5/30/2024 at 2:45 PM, freyguy said:

Well, after having a nice conversation with one of my buddies who is a parent of a current player, put me in the camp of getting rid of Pierce.  Although I don't think it will happen soon enough, given his current W/L record.

But the players have no team chemistry/camaraderie, Pierce does not coach the pitchers at all, etc. etc.  The son's quote was "this was the most dysfunctional team I have ever been on in my life."

Spill the fucking beans. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

probably went something like this, hope this embeds properly, funniest thing ive seen on X in some time

This guy has a youtube channel. He's amazing, but he also forces all of his players to play every position including pitching. His players actually love him.

https://www.youtube.com/@SBERGIN44

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This guy has a youtube channel. He's amazing, but he also forces all of his players to play every position including pitching. His players actually love him.

Ah gotcha.  Funniest one was "hey i hear soccer tryouts are coming up".  You can see the kids smirking/laughing knowing a zinger was coming.

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Educate me here.  In olden days, you couldn't poach somebody's head coach without extending the courtesy of asking permission to talk to them through the AD, and those discussions usually found the light of day.  Now I know that the Beard deal was done at the McD's in Plainview or wherever and don't remember the details.  Assuming it's Schloss, Texas and aggy have to play in the same sandbox to some extent in regards to the Legislature, etc.  Do any of these things matter any more?

No. None of that matters. Talks happen between agents, boosters, and interested parties. Plausible deniability for CDC or Hartzell or whomever. 

I hope Texas does not go with the "for cause"......fuck even if Texas thinks it is realistic to do so  it is hard enough to find a top flight coach in the 3 major sports at Texas lately so there is no need to mic that bullshit in (again even if it is not bullshit) over $1.7 million (which yea I know is a fuck load of money to pretty much anyone.....but UT sports)

doing so would mean Texas has fired the last 2 out of 3 major sports coaches for "cause".....and yes beard deserved that shit for being a fucking idiot, but Texas can't afford to get that rep right now

Just now, JGHorn said:

If I’m CDC, you don’t waste 3 weeks of portal and recruiting if it’s not Vitello or Schloss. Unless one of them f’s us at the end 

yea that is a very good point......what is the fucking hold up if it is anyone else

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, JGHorn said:

If I’m CDC, you don’t waste 3 weeks of portal and recruiting if it’s not Vitello or Schloss. Unless one of them f’s us at the end 

Yep.  If it’s a guy like Bakich or Ron gardenhire he would’ve been hired already.  Unless we’re trying to save a few bucks on the Pierce firing

5 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

Not to mention how much it would suck for the current players who are draft eligible but may consider sticking around for a new coach.  We've basically just let them sit around with no idea for weeks, if the hire is someone whose team hasn't been playing for a while and could have been hired in the last 1-2 weeks. 

The timing makes no sense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Js1 said:

Not to mention how much it would suck for the current players who are draft eligible but may consider sticking around for a new coach.  We've basically just let them sit around with no idea for weeks, if the hire is someone whose team hasn't been playing for a while and could have been hired in the last 1-2 weeks. 

If it isn't Schloss or Vitello, we done messed up bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

If it isn't Schloss or Vitello, we done messed up bad.

And I don't believe CDC would mess up bad.  His 2 longest coaching searches were softball (bc Clark retired, not fired) and T&F (because we had to fire Sategna in February and no one was going to jump ship 2 months before T&F season).

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yep.  If it’s a guy like Bakich or Ron gardenhire he would’ve been hired already.  Unless we’re trying to save a few bucks on the Pierce firing

Once Schloss/Vitello made it to the championship, it could have became clear to CDC that the getting either was very slim. Circled back to Bakich late last week, negotiations ran through the weekend and Pierce is fired today with Bakich being hired soon. Bakich would be a pretty good hire but the only reason CDC has waited this long is if there was a legit shot to get Schloss or Vitello. 

11 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I hope Texas does not go with the "for cause"......fuck even if Texas thinks it is realistic to do so  it is hard enough to find a top flight coach in the 3 major sports at Texas lately so there is no need to mic that bullshit in (again even if it is not bullshit) over $1.7 million (which yea I know is a fuck load of money to pretty much anyone.....but UT sports)

doing so would mean Texas has fired the last 2 out of 3 major sports coaches for "cause".....and yes beard deserved that shit for being a fucking idiot, but Texas can't afford to get that rep right now

yea that is a very good point......what is the fucking hold up if it is anyone else

You are forgetting Herman. 

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

shit when is the last time UT Athletics tried to save money on anything.....the UT way would be to wait and fire a guy 2 hours before the buyout goes down significantly and say "well we needed to go ahead and move on"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Levi said:

Once Schloss/Vitello made it to the championship, it could have became clear to CDC that the getting either was very slim. Circled back to Bakich late last week, negotiations ran through the weekend and Pierce is fired today with Bakich being hired soon. Bakich would be a pretty good hire but the only reason CDC has waited this long is if there was a legit shot to get Schloss or Vitello. 

After all of this, it would be extremely underwhelming.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Lotta downtime between a Sunday day game and the start of tonight’s game. Deal might be done.

ferris buellers day off movie quotes GIF

They don't announce if it's not IMO.

1 minute ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

Pierce got in a fight with Hurley and Hurley's dad on field after his start in the big 12 tournament, told him he was kicked off the team and asked for his jersey. In the locker room the players lined up and tried to hand in their jerseys too, so Charlie stayed

I think I've seen this movie.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Levi said:

I wouldn’t rule this out but imo cdc landed Schloss 

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

shit when is the last time UT Athletics tried to save money on anything.....the UT way would be to wait and fire a guy 2 hours before the buyout goes down significantly and say "well we needed to go ahead and move on"

CDC waits till he gets his guy and then announces.  See Tom Herman 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

I don't think they "for caused" him I thought they just gave him the "don't make us let everyone know what a giant geeked out, fucking asshole you are so you never get another coaching job again'ed" him and then "reached a settlement"

Yeah, like Herman needed us to reveal that for him

texas-sucks-tom-herman.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

Pierce got in a fight with Hurley and Hurley's dad on field after his start in the big 12 tournament, told him he was kicked off the team and asked for his jersey. In the locker room the players lined up and tried to hand in their jerseys too, so Charlie stayed

Did not have Charlie Hurley being portrayed as the next Rudy Ruettiger on my bingo card today

• Haha 5

On 6/18/2024 at 1:43 PM, Herpa Derpa said:

june-24-2024.png

Ahem. Hey, @Balcones get fucked you dipshit know-nothing.

I will be pleasantly surprised if CDC made this announcement today with the hire coaching for a title tonight. Just don't think he would do that to the target.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

CDC waits till he gets his guy and then announces.  See Tom Herman 

It was what, less than 2 hours between Herman's firing and Sark's hiring announcements?

CDC is slipping if its someone not Vitello/Schloss.  3 hours now

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Levi said:

image.thumb.png.9834bda725ab3e47156843ff10da992d.png

The Clemson Insider has learned from a source close to the situation that Bakich has no plans to leave Clemson.

Bakich to Texas confirmed.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Sounds like its more probable that it would be the loser.

Oh, Jesus--I didn't think it was possible for me to cheer against aggy tonight any more than I already was.  But between the prospect of getting Schloss in here countered with the threat of Vitello coaching my team (he may be a great coach, but he's also a fucking tool), I'm going to be cheering for the Vols every much as though it were the Horns out there.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It was what, less than 2 hours between Herman's firing and Sark's hiring announcements?

CDC is slipping if its someone not Vitello/Schloss.  3 hours now

I know you’re joking but obviously if it’s one of them you don’t announce till after the game.  
it’s one of them……..

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If you are draft eligible with NCAA eligibility left you put your name in the hat for the draft. It's never a good idea to wait for the senior draft. You always have the option of not signing and returning but shouldn't skip the junior draft.

Just now, closetohumping said:

I know you’re joking but obviously if it’s one of them you don’t announce till after the game.  
it’s one of them……..

Obviously if it's one of them, you don't announce until later this week. 

I'm saying there's no plausible reason to wait any longer today if it's anyone but them.  

• Hook 'Em 1