[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Meh. Every school in the country got rich in that era. Dodds was a mediocrity.

But anyway Pierce is gone, and from what I understand the timing is good as the wheels seem to be just starting to come off. Now let's see if the rumors of CDC already having the next coach ready to go are true.

No rumor.  CDC has his guy.  I think it’s Schloss. I could be wrong 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I think if it was someone coaching tonight, they would have waited until tomorrow to announce Pierce's departure.

the timing of the firing is certainly strange.  Given this is 2 SEC teams and both coaches are plausible targets considering the TCU connection with CDC.  waiting a day or 2 after the game to announce firing and hiring seems like something SEC would prefer but then again...fuck the SEC, we're Texas.

I will say a Schloss or Vitello hiring would send massive shockwaves and if it happens to be the winner.  holy shit. 

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

No rumor.  CDC has his guy.  I think it’s Schloss. I could be wrong 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

Pierce got in a fight with Hurley and Hurley's dad on field after his start in the big 12 tournament, told him he was kicked off the team and asked for his jersey. In the locker room the players lined up and tried to hand in their jerseys too, so Charlie stayed

What was the basis for the fight?

I guess Hurley got the last laugh in that ULaLa game.  Ouch.

2 hours ago, BeautifullyFurnishedCasita said:

Pierce got in a fight with Hurley and Hurley's dad on field after his start in the big 12 tournament, told him he was kicked off the team and asked for his jersey. In the locker room the players lined up and tried to hand in their jerseys too, so Charlie stayed

14 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What was the basis for the fight?

I guess Hurley got the last laugh in that ULaLa game.  Ouch.

source.gif

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the timing of the firing is certainly strange.  Given this is 2 SEC teams and both coaches are plausible targets considering the TCU connection with CDC.  waiting a day or 2 after the game to announce firing and hiring seems like something SEC would prefer but then again...fuck the SEC, we're Texas.

I will say a Schloss or Vitello hiring would send massive shockwaves and if it happens to be the winner.  holy shit. 

Maybe CDC wanted to wait another day, but for some reason, he was forced to confirm it today?

Doubt Sankey wanted this to happen during today's championship game...  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Maybe CDC wanted to wait another day, but for some reason, he was forced to confirm it today?

Doubt Sankey wanted this to happen during today's championship game...  

Maybe Pierce called curt and gave him the scoop knowing he'd run with it today just to embarrass CDC and try to throw a wrench in the Schloss plan? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

have you followed UT football since 2006 ????

going on 20 of disappointment 

imo, it’s schloss all the way I don’t think Tony v is in the mix. I’d give up one of y’all’s mom to see cdc’s top 3 list after schloss 

you can have mine i guess

If Del Conte calls Schlossnagle, the Aggies should prepare themselves that their baseball coach will pull a Davy Crockett and utter an abridged version of, “You can go to hell — I’m going to Texas.”

Point of order:  that would be a much more apt metaphor for Vitello than Schlossnagle.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

Anybody gone back and done a frame by frame analysis of the Big 12 tournament game to see where the altercation took place and/or analyze body language during the game?

It was during the Cincy game and it involved Hurley's dad trying to confront Pierce. I've gotten mixed reports on if it was during or after the game.