[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

The 1st point is a stupid one. 
I have to believe any hire CDC makes will be upgrade. 

CDC hires don’t miss

No Beard was not a miss by any means in my book 

1 minute ago, Balcones said:

You seem like a short guy, with a miserable job, who lives in a tract home in like Cedar Park or sugar land. Wife is like 180 lbs?

Did I get that right?

Holy shit you’re so mad. Bro has veins in his forehead his lover boy Pierce is getting fired 

• Hook 'Em 1

Going to be an interesting few weeks. All the ideal candidates will likely be playing for the next week or two. What do you do in the meantime? Just let Pierce twist in the wind until a hire can be finalized? The portal fully opens tomorrow, and just sitting idle for several weeks doesn't seem like the best plan. But dropping the ax tomorrow without a clear path forward of filling the position soon also doesn't seem like the best plan. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Pierce is done... not CDC's hire, alumni hate the guy, and aggy has moved past us.

Time for a new Head Baseball Coach @ Texas  

Are we at the watching private-plane traffic stage again yet?  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Going to be an interesting few weeks. All the ideal candidates will likely be playing for the next week or two. What do you do in the meantime? Just let Pierce twist in the wind until a hire can be finalized? The portal fully opens tomorrow, and just sitting idle for several weeks doesn't seem like the best plan. But dropping the ax tomorrow without a clear path forward of filling the position soon also doesn't seem like the best plan. 

If prior history is any indication I’d assume that CDC has already had back channel communications of some sorts. The decision to actually fire was on the fence until this weekend. 

I knew I pegged you. What a loser. 

Sure, but at least I don’t dick ride a dog shit coach and act like everything is okay. Live in reality bud, it will do you better. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not unusual in a transition.  Can't settle for Pierce's crap anymore.

May be a rebuild, but need new energy for Texas Baseball going into SEC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You let him twist in the wind and communicate through back channels which I’m sure has already been happening.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

If prior history is any indication I’d assume that CDC has already had back channel communications of some sorts. The decision to actually fire was on the fence until this weekend. 

I e heard from a few alumni players CDC likes Tulo. Just getting it on record.

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

"Well liked" is put on resumes nowadays?

Yep. Though they usually phrase it another way.

Having friends is one of the most important skills in any industry.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

You let him twist in the wind and communicate through back channels which I’m sure has already been happening.

So we are going to allow him to do exit meetings with current players, some of which may not go well, start recruiting the portal/juco ranks, and do other roster management staff all with the plan of axing him in a few weeks? Doesn't seem ideal.

It's why I think a decision might come down sooner than we think, even if it means the job sits "open" for a bit with some attractive candidates still playing.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

So we are going to allow him to do exit meetings with current players, some of which may not go well, start recruiting the portal/juco ranks, and do other roster management staff all with the plan of axing him in a few weeks? Doesn't seem idea.

It's why I think a decision might come down sooner than we think, even if it means the job sits open for a bit with some attractive candidates still playing.

I don’t think any option is ideal, firing your coach isn’t ideal. I personally would rather not sit with an open having position for possibly 2+ weeks but there are cons to both decisions. 

We will find out soon

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yep. Though they usually phrase it another way.

Having friends is one of the most important skills in any industry.

You missed my sarcasm... Well Liked should never be excused for some/ any (?) EXPERIENCE.

1-3 yrs as Associate Coach of Player Development shouldn't be the stepping stone for the Head Coach @ UT Baseball

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, chase25 said:

I don’t think any option is ideal, firing your coach isn’t ideal. I personally would rather not sit with an open having position for possibly 2+ weeks but there are cons to both decisions. 

We will find out soon

Being the first big program to make the change gives you a leg up on the candidates. If it is done properly and not a pathetic interim AD way that was bullied by Houston BMDs  type of way it can result in very good hire.

Arkansas might be looking for a new coach too, fwiw 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Being the first big program to make the change gives you a leg up on the candidates. If it is done properly and not a pathetic interim AD way that was bullied by Houston BMDs  type of way it can result in very good hire.

Van Horn ain't going anywhere unless he decides to retire, which I guess is possible. He's about to be 64.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think he means that in the sense when we go play at bigger parks we usually are ass and having a bigger home park would benefit us in that regard. 

Well, and DFF used to be known as a pitcher's park, and, correlation/causation, but we had better pitching in those days than we do now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah at the end of the day neither option is ideal and this is definitely different than Augie’s final year back in 2016 because that season ended on the final day of the regular season so we have less down time this time around.

If CDC handles it correctly I would imagine Pierce is fired as soon as CDC has a guy who has all but signed the dotted line behind closed doors

4 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You missed my sarcasm... Well Liked should never be excused for some/ any (?) EXPERIENCE.

1-3 yrs as Associate Coach of Player Development shouldn't be the stepping stone for the Head Coach @ UT Baseball

And I believe the lack of degree proves an insurmountable problem.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, and DFF used to be known as a pitcher's park, and, correlation/causation, but we had better pitching in those days than we do now.

Yeah, come to think of it Pierce trying to turn Disch-Falk into a band box turned me off on him from the get-go

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

They had to bring the fences in at the Disch. It was starting to hurt in recruiting. We hit 22 home runs as a team in 2014 lol.

The NCAA also changed the seams on the baseball in 2015, and offense started to take off ever since. 

Even with the moved-in fences, the park still plays pretty pitcher-friendly when the wind isn't howling out (which has seemed to happen more and more in the last few years for whatever reason).

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sure, but at least I don’t dick ride a dog shit coach and act like everything is okay. Live in reality bud, it will do you better. 

i knew it. Like Dell or some non descript semi-conductor company. Middle management? Address is something like 135678 Blooming Flower place? Old lady on Ozimpic but still hogs on late night?

Pierce is a head coach for the Texas Longhorns. He doesn’t give a shit what you and your small mind thinks of him. 100%

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Balcones said:

i knew it. Like Dell or some non descript semi-conductor company. Middle management? Address is something like 135678 Blooming Flower place? Old lady on Ozimpic but still hogs on late night?

Pierce is a head coach for the Texas Longhorns. He doesn’t give a shit what you and your small mind thinks of him. 100%

But will he give a shit in a couple of weeks....when he's not?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Why are you personally attacking someone over this? And while you’re at it why don’t you come at me? I dare you. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

But will he give a shit in a couple of weeks....when he's not?

I doubt it. He’ll find somewhere else. He is a successful coach. I know you and there don’t like him, but very few have a better track record than he does

I doubt it. He’ll find somewhere else. He is a successful coach. I know you and there don’t like him, but very few have a better track record than he does

And most of them are in the conference we join in less than a month.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

They had to bring the fences in at the Disch. It was starting to hurt in recruiting. We hit 22 home runs as a team in 2014 lol.

The NCAA also changed the seams on the baseball in 2015, and offense started to take off ever since. 

Even with the moved-in fences, the park still plays pretty pitcher-friendly when the wind isn't howling out (which has seemed to happen more and more in the last few years for whatever reason).

Looks like recently been a lot of large buildings (dorms) built close by and wonder if they may account for increased winds being more frequent now.  

43 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

What would be the first clue that Pierce may be on his way out (other than this season)?

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic