[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m not in an arguing mood - you can have it. 

I’m not trying to argue, they just legitimately hired a top 3 coach in college baseball. They finally nailed a hire in a major men’s sport for once and unfortunately we had an interim AD when Schlossnagle was available the first time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, chase25 said:

I’m not trying to argue, they just legitimately hired a top 3 coach in college baseball. They finally nailed a hire in a major men’s sport for once and unfortunately we had an interim AD when Schlossnagle was available the first time.

I think you may have made my argument for me.  Texas had a shit AD at the time he was available and A&M didn’t step on their dicks like they usually do when we give them the chance to take advantage.

Seriously I’m not in a good mood so bantering back and forth isn’t where I need my head to be. It’s not personal. I’m probably about to put my phone down anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Thanks.  How about throwing DP a bone for his staff handling the Aggie lineup better than to date in the postseason?  Or is that asking too much.

ain't no moral victories around here.  The ags fucking beat us, both times....

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, freyguy said:

ain't no moral victories around here.  The ags fucking beat us, both times....

Midweek games with spare pitchers dont mean shit. The regional did mean something though and we had them dead to rights and we shit down our leg when it came time to seal the deal. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So why didn't we hire Schloss?

It’s almost funny how being butt hurt about them doing a dog pile on the Longhorn logo got us here. 

45 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Thanks.  How about throwing DP a bone for his staff handling the Aggie lineup better than to date in the postseason?  Or is that asking too much.

Congrats on holding aggy to four runs in an extra inning game. 

Now again, clear out your office. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

It’s almost funny how being butt hurt about them doing a dog pile on the Longhorn logo got us here. 

It’s sad there were certain people involved in decision making or who had influence that couldn’t get over TCU doing that in 2010.

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Midweek games with spare pitchers dont mean shit. The regional did mean something though and we had them dead to rights and we shit down our leg when it came time to seal the deal. 

The team didn't.  One dude did. Insane errors for the "best player on the field"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, chase25 said:

They finally have a really good program builder, one of the best in the business. A&M is going to be good whether Texas is or not as long as Schlossnagle is there

The best solution to this situation is to simply make Schloss an offer he can’t refuse.  We know he’d rather be the coach at Texas.  Getting TCU to the CWS twice and now aggy, he’s proven he’s a good coach.  Would he be an even better or great coach at Texas…..damn right he would!  He doesn’t look like a cult guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The best solution to this situation is to simply make Schloss an offer he can’t refuse.  We know he’d rather be the coach at Texas.  Getting TCU to the CWS twice and now aggy, he’s proven he’s a good coach.  Would he be an even better or great coach at Texas…..damn right he would!  He doesn’t look like a cult guy.

He got TCU to the CWS 5 times.  He's now made 7 trips to Omaha.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We didnt throw our best arms. We threw midweek arms. And it showed. I think my comment may have been unclear. 

Did aggy throw weekend guys? I don’t remember 

A head coach leaving aggy for Texas seems far-fetched and I am in no way saying that I think it will happen, but the Schloss/CDC relationship is definitely a variable that complicates things.

(from 2022)

https://thebatt.com/sports/impatient-the-story-of-jim-schlossnagle/

Del Conte and Schlossnagle already knew each other — Schlossnagle’s reputation preceded him. Together in Fort Worth, Del Conte gave Schlossnagle an avenue to life outside of baseball within the university. Every Sunday, for years, the two would walk a three-mile loop around campus.
“We would just talk about our lives, talk about our families, talk about everything but sports. Some days in the game, the game gets so all consuming that you don’t have an outlet to talk about anything else besides the game,” Del Conte said. “Our conversations were nothing about the game. [We talked about] what we wanted for our kids, what we wanted for life. Those are my most cherished memories [with Jim] because the wins and losses are difficult. Long after the game of baseball is over, he’ll be a friend of mine.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A head coach leaving aggy for Texas seems far-fetched ...

True. 

But given the relationship stories, not impossible.

On the other hand, it seems like Schloss would at least be willing to opine to Del Conte on the guys who are within reason.

It may be Tony V. or it may be someone else, but under the circumstances it almost has to be one of the guys at Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A head coach leaving aggy for Texas seems far-fetched

Howard Joffe spent 4 seasons at aggy as the Women's Tennis coach, including an NCAA runner-up finish, before he bolted to Texas and won back to back titles and has finished top 10 in every season he's been here.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

Let’s stop talking about Schlossnagle already.  

You guys need to pick up some bones and throw them at DP damnit!!!

12 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I think Cortez and Ashcenbeck pitched the lions share.  I don’t think we blew that game off.

We?  

37 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

True. 

But given the relationship stories, not impossible.

On the other hand, it seems like Schloss would at least be willing to opine to Del Conte on the guys who are within reason.

It may be Tony V. or it may be someone else, but under the circumstances it almost has to be one of the guys at Omaha.

We will just go with whoever loses in the national championship since the winner probably isnt leaving

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I think Cortez and Ashcenbeck pitched the lions share.  I don’t think we blew that game off.

We didnt try to lose but we just experimented the whole game. We threw Shaw, Harrison, an injured Witt, Hurley, Grubbs, and Duplantier. We literally threw 6 pitchers out there lol

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We didnt try to lose but we just experimented the whole game. We threw Shaw, Harrison, an injured Witt, Hurley, Grubbs, and Duplantier. We literally threw 6 pitchers out there lol

"Experimenting" vs your rival should be cited for a for cause firing.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A head coach leaving aggy for Texas seems far-fetched and I am in no way saying that I think it will happen, but the Schloss/CDC relationship is definitely a variable that complicates things.

He also said this 2 weeks ago. It's not like he buys into the cult like the Elk does. 

Screenshot_20240618_094124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ebba02b91dbe33b80a32b92a46dda11.jpg

Everyone who thinks Schloss' relationship with CDC won't be enough to entice him to Austin is discounting at least two factors:  (1) he's now seen A&M from the inside and it's pretty clear he's befuddled by how fucking weird those people are and (2) A&M might not be willing to just throw money at a coach after getting boned by the Jimbo deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Everyone who thinks Schloss' relationship with CDC won't be enough to entice him to Austin is discounting at least two factors:  (1) he's now seen A&M from the inside and it's pretty clear he's befuddled by how fucking weird those people are and (2) A&M might not be willing to just throw money at a coach after getting boned by the Jimbo deal.

This take is absolutely delusional. Those loser fucks have never tasted an ounce of success in their entire lifetimes in regards to the major 3 sports. And if you think they are letting Texas walk away with Schloss when they are on the precipice of success, you are flat out wrong. They will get him a fucking gold plated helicopter and lost treasure of El Dorado if they have to. 

32 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He also said this 2 weeks ago. It's not like he buys into the cult like the Elk does. 

Screenshot_20240618_094124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4ebba02b91dbe33b80a32b92a46dda11.jpg

Yeah, he left because he was balls deep in several TCU coeds and his wife found out

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

"Experimenting" vs your rival should be cited for a for cause firing.

Is this your first season following baseball? You don't throw away midweek games but midweek games are designed to test your depth. Which we didn't have this year, so we were particularly vulnerable in those games. You don't throw your ace to secure a midweek win. 

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Have you seen they coeds?

They have some high quality talent out there. Definitely agree with you there.  

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Is this your first season following baseball? You don't throw away midweek games but midweek games are designed to test your depth. Which we didn't have this year, so we were particularly vulnerable in those games. You don't throw your ace to secure a midweek win. 

Sure, Pierce is a loser....got it. 

They may be a designed that way when you're facing UTRGV or Aggie-CC but when you're playing your in state rival and recruiting competitor you treat it differently regardless. Is this the same type of cope about playing in the Globe Life tourney? "iT dOeSnT mAtTeR"?

It's just a dog shit mentality he has some of you believing and part of the reason he isn't the standard for Texas baseball. Bring your best vs the best on your schedule and it makes other parts of the schedule easier because the standard of play and such is higher. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sure, Pierce is a loser....got it. 

They may be a designed that way when you're facing UTRGV or Aggie-CC but when you're playing your in state rival and recruiting competitor you treat it differently regardless. Is this the same type of cope about playing in the Globe Life tourney? "iT dOeSnT mAtTeR"?

It's just a dog shit mentality he has some of you believing and part of the reason he isn't the standard for Texas baseball. Bring your best vs the best on your schedule and it makes other parts of the schedule easier because the standard of play and such is higher. 

So part of the issue is this... We were playing the Big 12 opening series 3 days later on the road against then ranked #17 Texas Tech. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take your ace out his rhythm and potentially risk a pivotal conference road series in order to MAYBE win a midweek game that has no bearing on your conference standings. It was a scheduling issue more than anything. It wasn't like we were playing Cal Poly in a home series 3 days later. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So part of the issue is this... We were playing the Big 12 opening series 3 days later on the road against then ranked #17 Texas Tech. It doesn't make a lot of sense to take your ace out his rhythm and potentially risk a pivotal conference road series in order to MAYBE win a midweek game that has no bearing on your conference standings. It was a scheduling issue more than anything. It wasn't like we were playing Cal Poly in a home series 3 days later. 

Had no bearing regardless, we didn't win conference and finished 3rd and were only a 3 seed in the regional behind Louisiana Lafayette and david pierce is still getting fired. 

Just more excuse making is all i see.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Had no bearing regardless, we didn't win conference and finished 3rd and were only a 3 seed in the regional behind Louisiana Lafayette and david pierce is still getting fired. 

Just more excuse making is all i see.

My brother in Christ, this is such a dosghit take, I cannot help you. You are on an island with this opinion. Nobody that knows how baseball works will agree with the nonsense you just spewed. 

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

So, a microcosm for the season

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED
  • immamac locked and unlocked this topic