[Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED

Yama Yak Yachtzi

14 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Someone said CDC was holding the Miller departure against Pierce. Was the health talk all bs?

He was fired and they used some previous health stuff as a way to frame it as a leave of absence.

Miller already has a job outside of baseball now. Some type of sales gig with Marucci I think.

Don’t we have some former Quidditch players on here with derp ties to the athletic department, a source who is married to the cousin of CDC’s dog groomer, one that might have credible intel? Something overheard at the last shampooing? Anything????? No news at this point feels like we are stuck in DP hell…..

18 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Don’t we have some former Quidditch players on here with derp ties to the athletic department, a source who is married to the cousin of CDC’s dog groomer, one that might have credible intel? Something overheard at the last shampooing? Anything????? No news at this point feels like we are stuck in DP hell…..

Having the same coach and Balcones is still around?

6 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Someone said CDC was holding the Miller departure against Pierce. Was the health talk all bs?

Hypothetically, Pierce may have had a hand in creating a situation but nonetheless, did not report and supply help in response to the situation. 

6 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

Patience.  He's going to be fired.  CDC has the class not to interfere with the coaches - keep them from getting questions in the pressers about if they've been contacted by Texas, etc.

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

Hypothetically, Pierce may have had a hand in creating a situation but nonetheless, did not report and supply help in response to the situation. 

okay, I'll guess...went out drinking with him, Miller gets a dwi on the way home and Pierce doesn't tell CDC he was drinking with him and left Miller twisting in the wind? 

3 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

The fact that winner of TN/Aggy will be sixth different SEC team to win CWS since 2017 should be enough reason for folks to understand how needed a change from Pierce prior to SEC play is. 

sec is about to be a wake up call 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

okay, I'll guess...went out drinking with him, Miller gets a dwi on the way home and Pierce doesn't tell CDC he was drinking with him and left Miller twisting in the wind? 

No, not aware of that. 

Edited by CTC2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

sec is about to be a wake up call 

Put UT Baseball in the NL East and I’ll still expect us to compete. Fuck the sec, let’s wake them imbreds up to what UT Baseball is and bring hell with us 

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

Put UT Baseball in the NL East and I’ll still expect us to compete. Fuck the sec, let’s wake them imbreds up to what UT Baseball is and bring hell with us 

Your jib, I like the cut of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

hopefully Pierce or the new coach start working the portal very soon 

Blake Munroe

I have to hand it to Texas, they’ve kept a tight lid on the coaching situation and it’s been tough to get concrete info. However, I’ve checked with some sources and here’s what I’m hearing:

- I haven’t spoken to anyone who believes David Pierce will be the head coach of Texas next year. Not a single person. 

- Texas has done due diligence on a lot of coaches. A LOT. Including some names that really surprised me. There’s been a lot of people express interest in the job, and rightfully so as it’s one of the best in the nation.

- Multiple people thought an announcement regarding Pierce would have been made late last week. Obviously that never happened. Not sure why, but I thought that was interesting. 

- Texas A&M HC Jim Schlossnagle is a name that has been floated around a lot. Expect Texas A&M to try and do everything possible (financially) to keep him from the Longhorns.

- Schloss is definitely in play. There is legit interest from both sides.

- Don’t be surprised if Tulo stays on in some capacity, regardless of the coaching change. That’s huge news for the Horns imo. 

Edit: a few more things worth reading a few replies down that I didn’t add in here. 

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Blake Munroe

I have to hand it to Texas, they’ve kept a tight lid on the coaching situation and it’s been tough to get concrete info. However, I’ve checked with some sources and here’s what I’m hearing:

- I haven’t spoken to anyone who believes David Pierce will be the head coach of Texas next year. Not a single person. 

- Texas has done due diligence on a lot of coaches. A LOT. Including some names that really surprised me. There’s been a lot of people express interest in the job, and rightfully so as it’s one of the best in the nation.

- Multiple people thought an announcement regarding Pierce would have been made late last week. Obviously that never happened. Not sure why, but I thought that was interesting. 

- Texas A&M HC Jim Schlossnagle is a name that has been floated around a lot. Expect Texas A&M to try and do everything possible (financially) to keep him from the Longhorns.

- Don’t be surprised if Tulo stays on in some capacity, regardless of the coaching change. That’s huge news for the Horns imo. 

Edit: a few more things worth reading a few replies down that I didn’t add in here. 

IMG_4345.jpeg

IMG_4346.jpeg

The Simpsons Beer GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:44 AM, JesusSweatDuck said:

Twice in two weeks he's had to apologize for that fan base.  I can only imagine how weird they are out of the spotlight.

You just can’t take aggy out of CS without them acting like a fool.  People look at them, shake their head and laugh.

• Hook 'Em 2

He called me, I said bro, I've talked to like 20 people, really smart guys, they all say he's gone. trust me, the bros on surly know their shit. he's gone.

I told him, man, this is THE University of Texas, I mean like THE Ohio State University but different, not the same / same. Everyone wants this job, no body gives a fuck about a goddamned tree nut.

I said, if he was already fired, you'd think they'd announce with the portal and all, but hey CDC has his way, he's in charge, must be a reason, could be a coach still coaching, who knows. It'll be interesting for sure.

He was like what do you mean, I said dude you know CDC and Schloss go way back, can you imagine CDC throwing money at him just to fuck with A&M? That would be epic. I bet A&M would scramble to make Schloss the highest paid coach. NO way they go down with out a fight on that one.

I was like, you know CDC likes him and I heard he likes CDC, it could happen.

He asked me what else, I said you saw Tulo didn't get the dirtbag gig, what if he was retained by the new coaching staff, that would be epic.

I didn't realize he was going to share my secret info with y'all. shit man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

For those who revel in the hatred from hoi polloi, it could hardly be more rewarding than for the Arrogant Assholes of Austin to even suppose they can steal corches from the champions, or worse, actually do it. 

It could happen.

Hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 3

I worked on pierces house in some capacity and got a signed autograph game jersey from him. I’ll check if the for sale signs are up. Funny story is his wife said if they ever get fired they would make some money off their house with the Austin market. She said that like 3 yrs ago or so. 

• Drool 1

8 hours ago, Hookem10 said:

I worked on pierces house in some capacity and got a signed autograph game jersey from him. I’ll check if the for sale signs are up. Funny story is his wife said if they ever get fired they would make some money off their house with the Austin market. She said that like 3 yrs ago or so. 

If not go put one of our REI Home Realty signs in the yard 

• Drool 1

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Maybe CDC has been working behind the scenes, a la Shaka. UH fired their AD, maybe the new guy comes in, fires Whitting (fans seem to be asking for it), UH hires Pierce

I think UH wanted to fire Whitting but his previous contract expired after 2023 and they felt the need to extend him for 3 years so he wasn't a total lame duck their first year in the Big 12. They backed themselves into a corner.

UH and Rice will likely both be open after this upcoming season and Pierce would fit either, assuming he still wants to coach at 62.

Edited by Hookem2147

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I think UH wanted to fire Whitting but his previous contract expired after 2023 and they felt the need to extend him for 3 years so he wasn't a total lame duck their first year in the Big 12. They backed themselves into a corner.

UH and Rice will likely both be open after this upcoming season and Pierce would fit either, assuming he still wants to coach at 62.

Bad contracts is likely one reason Pez was fired.

Extending Whitting (no regional since 2018).  Extending Hughey (WBB) with 0 NCAA tournament appearances.  Softball coach drama. 

36 minutes ago, D3zii said:

So did this guy I talked to a Bucc-ees 

he road in with a trailer hooked up so I know he knew something 

Maybe Schloss has this guy packing up his house in CS. He’ll fly straight to Austin and won’t set foot back in aggy land until we have to play another series there.

• immamac changed the title to [Surly Official Firing Squad] David Pierce Has Left The Building - FIRED