Getting old sucks

Hate

8 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well fark, August 1st eye exam revealed cataracts, fast forward  August 8th, find out I have spinal I my C4, C5, and C6 vertebrae. FML.

Cataracts is good news—everyone I know that has had them popped has had a very easy time, and has great vision after. 

Spinal what in your C4, 5, 6?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
12 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:
Well fark, August 1st eye exam revealed cataracts, fast forward  August 8th, find out I have spinal I my C4, C5, and C6 vertebrae. FML.

Stenosis?

Oops, yes spinal stenosis. 

• Like 2

If you can find something that fits this topic better than this, let me know  

The only time I ever saw my father cry
Daytona 01, the day that Senior died
It's safe to say that was the day that he finally saw
That no star burns forever, eventually they must fall
Raise hell, praise dale, death is coming for us all

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/9/2024 at 1:07 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Well fark, August 1st eye exam revealed cataracts, fast forward  August 8th, find out I have spinal stenosis in my C4, C5, and C6 vertebrae. FML.

Not my day/year.

Neighbor was helping clear brush around our entry gate with his bush hog. I hadn't noticed that he removed the guards. Well I caught a 4 inch diameter by 1 foot long limb in my right temple and ear. I was out for a while,  don't know how long,  probably 30 to 40 seconds or so. FML/SMH

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

35 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Tell her ass to clear the brush

Ready to tell her to clear out.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm sure she's having age related mental problems she would already be gone. She's doing and saying things I don't think she can help. 

• Like 3

Ready to tell her to clear out.
If it weren't for the fact that I'm sure she's having age related mental problems she would already be gone. She's doing and saying things I don't think she can help. 

Well then you gotta tell her that.

Listen, you are whipping my ass and it’s uncalled for. Ordinarily your shit would be packed by now. But I think maybe you aren’t fully aware of what you are saying or how you are saying it. So I’m going to hang around. But I’ll be ignoring your bullshit from now on. If it gets too annoying, maybe there’ll be a fuck off or two from me. I’m telling you all this so you’ll understand why this all changes from here on out. So maybe let’s try to be better partners.

(This isn’t a discussion, this is you telling her how it is)
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Well then you gotta tell her that.

Listen, you are whipping my ass and it’s uncalled for. Ordinarily your shit would be packed by now. But I think maybe you aren’t fully aware of what you are saying or how you are saying it. So I’m going to hang around. But I’ll be ignoring your bullshit from now on. If it gets too annoying, maybe there’ll be a fuck off or two from me. I’m telling you all this so you’ll understand why this all changes from here on out. So maybe let’s try to be better partners.

(This isn’t a discussion, this is you telling her how it is)

Been there in one form of the other on multiple occasions. While great advice, it's not very effective on folks with mental problems who refuse to believe any of it, or even see how they themselves are acting. 

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

Been there in one form of the other on multiple occasions. While great advice, it's not very effective on folks with mental problems who refuse to believe any of it, or even see how they themselves are acting. 

Yea I guess that’s probably true. Best of luck to you sir.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/10/2024 at 11:55 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Not my day/year.

Neighbor was helping clear brush around our entry gate with his bush hog. I hadn't noticed that he removed the guards. Well I caught a 4 inch diameter by 1 foot long limb in my right temple and ear. I was out for a while,  don't know how long,  probably 30 to 40 seconds or so. FML/SMH

I knew a guy that got killed by a rock flying out the front while he was driving. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/10/2024 at 11:55 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Not my day/year.

How are you doing today?  Head injuries with loss of consciousness are not to be messed with.  If you haven't seen a doctor, you need to do so today.  I had a coworker who took a fall (at home) and knocked the hell out of his head.  He lost consciousness for about the same amount of time as you, then went about his business.  Three days later he was in the hospital getting about a pint of fluid drained from his skull.  It damn near killed him, and he still has some tics and twitches, about 20 years later.  Don't screw around with your noggin, dude.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

How are you doing today?  Head injuries with loss of consciousness are not to be messed with.  If you haven't seen a doctor, you need to do so today.  I had a coworker who took a fall (at home) and knocked the hell out of his head.  He lost consciousness for about the same amount of time as you, then went about his business.  Three days later he was in the hospital getting about a pint of fluid drained from his skull.  It damn near killed him, and he still has some tics and twitches, about 20 years later.  Don't screw around with your noggin, dude.

Thanks Scheiss, I monitored myself closely Saturday and Sunday.  Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be, this is my 11th trip around the block as far as getting knocked out goes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

This is very sound advice.  Don't ignore any worsening symptoms (headache, ringing in the ears, etc).  Had a physician I work with fall on some ice last winter and hit his head.  Symptoms nagged him for a few days, eventually started to get some numbness in some fingers.  Ended up having emergency brain surgery.  Ignoring show brain bleed symptoms is just as deadly as ignoring heart attack symptoms.  Just not worth taking the risk.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

This is very sound advice.  Don't ignore any worsening symptoms (headache, ringing in the ears, etc).  Had a physician I work with fall on some ice last winter and hit his head.  Symptoms nagged him for a few days, eventually started to get some numbness in some fingers.  Ended up having emergency brain surgery.  Ignoring show brain bleed symptoms is just as deadly as ignoring heart attack symptoms.  Just not worth taking the risk.

Thanks surlygator..

The more I think about it the more lucky I realize I was. It was only seconds before that I was standing about 8 to 10 feet away when I noticed the guards had been removed and moved back to about 30 feet away. I don't want to think about what would have happened at 10 feet away. 

Edited by SHOOTER12

3 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

Fucking taking a leak and my one piss stream turned into about 3-4 piss streams, resulting in piss spraying all over the bathroom floor and my leg. Tough start to my Friday. 

Welcome to the club. Sometimes I consider turning in my “man card” to just sit down to pee.

• Hook 'Em 1

I signed up for another season of soccer this week.  Not because I really want to play, but because I know I'll never play again if I take a season off.  Sucks for someone who blew his first couple of years at UT because one spent 6 hours a day at Gregory, playing basketball.

Yeah, I miss playing team sports like softball, volleyball or basketball.  Haven't played any of those since first knee replacement in '08 and 2nd one in '15, just don't feel comfortable running/stopping.  I haven't even played a round of golf in years. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/16/2024 at 7:24 PM, mininghorn88 said:

Welcome to the club. Sometimes I consider turning in my “man card” to just sit down to pee.

0300 piss while sitting means

• No aiming required.

• No need to turn on a light.

• Less chance of dropping your phone in the nasty water.

If not having a "man card" means a clean terlit, IDGAS & you can have mine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

0300 piss while sitting means

• No aiming required.

• No need to turn on a light.

• Less chance of dropping your phone in the nasty water.

If not having a "man card" means a clean terlit, IDGAS & you can have mine.

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

TBT, I sit when I piss at home all the time, wife appreciates it and I find it more comfortable. 

I'll agree with the both of ya'.  A standing piss of the back porch first thing in the morning while checking the weather is still a good thing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I'll agree with the both of ya'.  A standing piss of the back porch first thing in the morning while checking the weather is still a good thing. 

Every night I take windog out to pee last thing before bed. She and I stand on the deck. She rarely goes down to the grass to pee. I pee off the deck every night. Every single night. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck. This.  Shit.  Developed a rash on both elbows last Tuesday and it will not go way.  Did some online sleuthing and saw pics that matched mine exactly in a celiac forum and found out that rashes like that are a symptom of gluten sensitivity.  Setting up an appt with PCM to get it checked and hopefully get an actual diagnosis one way or the other before I give up on regular bread, pasta, pizza, and beer forever. 

• Rage+1 1

Re: Sitting to piss - In my advanced age and an enlarged prostate, the sitting position allows me to more fully drain my bladder and avoid any leakage later.  Usually only in my own bathroom and not at work or out anywhere.

So I got that going for me.

On 8/16/2024 at 3:41 PM, Vertuzzi said:

Fucking taking a leak and my one piss stream turned into about 3-4 piss streams, resulting in piss spraying all over the bathroom floor and my leg. Tough start to my Friday. 

Welcome to the sticky dickey multi stream club.

• Like 1

My oldballs touched the poopwater in an exceptionally poorly designed hotel toilet multiple times this past week. 

20240823_084828.thumb.jpg.c5cb57e96171303ad28341376a46bb3c.jpg

1L Smartwater bottle for scale. The only adult this thing is sized for is Cotton Hill. 

Regardless, I do not care one bit for this development or for what it portends. 

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

My oldballs touched the poopwater in an exceptionally poorly designed hotel toilet multiple times this past week. 

1L Smartwater bottle for scale. The only adult this thing is sized for is Cotton Hill. 

My old self would spend my time looking at everyone in the elevator judging the larger people thinking how they are going to use that.

On 8/23/2024 at 4:57 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

User name checks out. Man I couldn’t even on so many levels. Wow.

• Haha 1