Salt Water fish extinction predicted by 2048

elguapo

On 5/3/2019 at 8:10 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ve thought for a long time that our oceans were in danger:  commercial fishing, Great Pacific Garbage Patch (thanks, Asia), loss of coral reefs, etc.

Fertilizer runoff is a huge cause, both from agriculture and people that want to have to mow their St Augustine every weekend

The more recent articles are more accurate and equally alarming. But too many people don't believe or otherwise just don't give a fuck. Those who benefit from shitting up the planet have made it political, so half the country is now actively against any form of conservation. Once it got political, we all became fucked. You would think the one thing that could unite us and transcend politics and religion would be to find ways to stop shitting up the only planet we have. But then again, I have for too long given way to much credit to our species.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 4

On 5/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

This I believe, and never understood why the climate change argument was the headliner and not the ocean problems. 

They are one and the same.

The increase in CO2 in the atmosphere has also increased the dissolved CO2 in the oceans, thus lowering the pH (so called "ocean acidification"). In case you are not a marine scientist, this is bad for marine life.

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

You would think the one thing that could unite us and transcend politics and religion would be to find ways to stop shitting up the only planet we have.

this statement is so ripe with presumption that if I were trying to parody, it is exactly what I would have written

I don't mean that personally @ you, but your post was the nearest spittoon in this case

21 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I love that he doesn't even want to discuss the debunking but blows it off

I acknowledged the study was debunked, what more is there to discuss? For some reason this story from 2006 was being passed around and I took the bait, my bad.

doubles down with more shit that I'm willing to wager is largely bullshit.

I'll take that bet.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, elguapo said:

While the study from the OP has been debunked, the current state of our oceans is very alarming. Here are some recent articles:

Scope of Great Barrier Reef's massive coral bleaching alarms scientists

From that article, this “quote” is all kinds of allsome - The chemicals are so bad, he said, that he's heard stories of them tainting waters in the Caribbean as well. Fish are sullied by an unnatural coconut flavor — or whatever the fragrance is in the sunscreen — and humans taste it when they're consumed, he said.

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

However, I'm not keen to do so on a general thread started by a politically motivated poster with a link to stuff that is amusingly and clownishly a fraud.

You're the only one bringing politics into this thread dumb shit.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, elguapo said:

You're the only one bringing politics into this thread dumb shit.

Bless his heart.

20 minutes ago, YChang said:

Are we blameless because our nation is already developed?

No, but the US is environmentally conscious and focused on conserving the environment. You know, so there is fish.. to eat..

Join now!

https://www.joincca.org/

• Like 1

CCA is a worthless shell of its former self and has a lot of ties to the commercial fisheries, at least here in Texas.

Don’t let the name fool you, but if you are truly wanting to support an organization that is doing a lot of good try The Billfish Foundation - https://billfish.org/. They do work in both the Pacific and Atlantic focusing on HMS (highly migratory) species, water quality, sustainable fishing, and reducing bycatch and mortality in the commercial sector.

Edited by justhookit
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Two liberal cloak room regulars backing one another up and propping up each other's post.

Nope, no politics in here at all.

I know this a hard concept for some to understand but being against Trump != liberal. If you want to discuss this further let's take it to the cloak room.

11 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'd prefer you take yourself back there rather than spreading your shit outside of it. I'm well familiar with your takes from TOS.

I'll post where I like, thanks. I didn't post much in the Cloak Room on TOS so no idea wtf you are even talking about.

There was an "El Guapo" on TOS who posted in the Cloak Room, maybe you have me confused with him.

30 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'd prefer you take yourself back there rather than spreading your shit outside of it. I'm well familiar with your takes from TOS.

I just went and looked through the first 10 pages of threads on TOS and I have <30 posts across 8 threads, most of them Trump related. So you are a liar.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I just went and looked through the first 10 pages of threads on TOS and I have <30 posts across 8 threads, most of them Trump related. So you are a liar.

He sounds better on ignore bub, don't worry about people who think they are moderators. 

34 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I'll post where I like, thanks. I didn't post much in the Cloak Room on TOS so no idea wtf you are even talking about.

There was an "El Guapo" on TOS who posted in the Cloak Room, maybe you have me confused with him.

I wonder what happened to him?

• Haha 1

If all my coonass extended family  and their friends in Louisiana haven't fished God's waters into a lifeless abyss by now with their "generous" interpretations of LA's liberal limits.....nothing the rest of civilization can do will harm the oceans.