Grateful Dead General Thread

Hate

19 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'd be curious to hear how it goes, any tips or suggestions, etc., as I'll be there in two weeks. 

The 200 sections seems like the best seats, alot of the 100s are obstructed view, like mine lol. If you're prone to motion sickness, bring a relief band or some Dramamine or something. That screen is fuckin WILD. 

Don't miss the Dead Ahead experience at the Venetian, lotta cool stuff and merch for the Vegas residency. And Shakedown Street at the Tuscany is great, lotta good stuff there! Got a tie dye onesie with a dancing bear for my newborn, and there's some great custom art t-shirts for "Shakedown Strip"

• Hook 'Em 2

31 years ago today my life would change forever. It was my first show. 6/13/93 from Buffalo. I already loved their music, but I finally got to experience them live. Yes, they weren’t the same as they had been but Jerry was still somewhat healthy and playing well. It changed my life forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Pro tip for the Sphere: prioritize central seating, and where you will have no overhang. 

I sat in both the center side of 308 and the peripheral side of 309, and there's a distinct difference. I would recommend choosing seats between _04 and _08.

Screenshot_20240617_154136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38b929dd0ef53f79269d89ed51995320.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's been a crazy week.  I was traveling for work but my son got really sick.  He had to be admitted to the hospital for a really bad throat infection.  They thought he might have an abscess that required surgical draining.  After putting a camera down his esophagus two days in a row, they ere unable to find anything and he responded well to antibiotics.  He is  home resting now and I can finally relax a little. I'm going to have a couple cocktails and listen to some Grateful Dead to take the edge off a little. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

and of course this show has a wonderful Lost Sailor/Saint of Circumstance...which I've been on at least a 6 month kick on.  Goddamn, early 80's Dead was really solid!!

seriously...this is a great fucking show!

Edited by Hate

Posted (edited)

Holy shit!! Throw in an epic "Black Peter"??

Holy fucking shit,,,I've listened to this 4 times already.  This is phenomenal!!

Edited by Hate

On 6/20/2024 at 7:05 PM, Hate said:

It's been a crazy week.  I was traveling for work but my son got really sick.  He had to be admitted to the hospital for a really bad throat infection.  They thought he might have an abscess that required surgical draining.  After putting a camera down his esophagus two days in a row, they ere unable to find anything and he responded well to antibiotics.  He is  home resting now and I can finally relax a little. I'm going to have a couple cocktails and listen to some Grateful Dead to take the edge off a little. 

I had to come back to this show tonight.  The Black Peter is just out of this world!!

So I'm going to start with this one early...

and finish with this one late.  The Wheel>Dear Mr Fantasy>Hey Jude>Sugar Magnolia>Mighty Quinn finish from this show is the start of a very special time for them.  July 89 was one of their best, imo.

https://archive.org/details/gd89-07-02.nak.8243.sbefail.shnf

My all time favorite show.  Brent and Jerry are absolutely on fire the entire show.  Bertha, Cold Rain, and Snow, Masterpiece, Deal, Women are Smarter and the Watchtower>Morning Dew>Not Fade Away finish is epic!! The show also has a terrific Ship of Fools, Terrapin, and Stagger Lee!

• Hook 'Em 1