Shit I've Cooked Lately

Hollywood

On 9/7/2024 at 9:25 AM, Underdog said:

Bolognese or regular meat sauce?  I could never give up pasta even with a gun to my head, I can eat spaghetti with just a can of Hunt's tomato sauce and be happy. 

Pretty standard. Onion, garlic, ground beef, tomato.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 7:55 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

Love a dutch baby - my recipe

3 eggs

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup milk

some honey, some salt, some nutmeg

Mix it all in the blender.

cut up 1/2 stick of butter in a 10" cast iron skillet, and put it in a cold oven, then preheat to 425

When the oven reaches 425, the butter should be melted and then some. Pour the batter in, return to the oven and bake for about 20-25 mins. 

IMG_9741.thumb.jpeg.2e7de2c21de1095c91360b9dfbace2bb.jpeg

IMG_9766.thumb.jpeg.9dbdd7aec1087a3efd88aba3fb13c254.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wife messaged me today, told me she has a little head cold. I had some leftover grilled green chile chicken quarters, so made a quick green chile chicken soup.

Picked the meat off the bone, put skin and bones in a pot with some water, boiled for a while to make some stock. Sweat some onion, carrot, lots of garlic in another pan. Strain bones etc from stock. Add sautéed veggies, add more water, a small can of tomatillo salsa verde, a can of diced green chiles. Add some knorr chicken bouillon till the broth tastes right. Add chicken, simmer for a bit. Dice one calabaza, add and cook for 3-4 mins. Serve with chopped cilantro and fresh limes.

87a13777afc90a0e168d5a54a122d942.jpg

you're going to make a great wife one day 

On 9/9/2024 at 9:42 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Big fan of toasted ravioli.  If you visit St. Louis, head for The Hill, and find some toasted ravioli.  (I prefer Charlie Gitto's.)

I was in St. Louis for 3 weeks for work before Covid never been genie that was a big surprise. That shit is awesome

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ Can you copy/paste the recipe later? Don’t feel like giving them an email. 

Here's the print recipe as a .pdf, there's a YouTube video of the recipie too which is how we found it. Apparently you can add peppermint for a Christmas version that's pretty allsome (in a few months)

Chewy Brownie Cookies Recipe (with Video).PDF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 4:12 PM, Celery Man said:

IMG_9402.thumb.jpeg.11354a53af84ccce0b59789e76c335e3.jpeg
IMG_9408.thumb.jpeg.98b0ed8a834efd0d390e9d6a08c1340f.jpeg

IMG_9410.thumb.jpeg.de386935cacfa928edcca4ba648068ac.jpeg

IMG_9411.thumb.jpeg.6282015ef80d05d6719e59411aef87a6.jpeg

IMG_9412.thumb.jpeg.37e34aabf491f2da61f84095f0418227.jpeg

IMG_9506.thumb.jpeg.1e201f3a813ff0e0d88da393a0c1063d.jpeg

🛝🍔

Copying this tonight. The peel is a great idea. 

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Air fried chicken over lemon/creme/butter/spinach sauce risotto.   

IMG_7916.jpeg

That's a restaurant dish. Well. Fucking. Done. 

53 minutes ago, pops said:

Copying this tonight. The peel is a great idea. 

That's a restaurant dish. Well. Fucking. Done. 

I was pIssued at the wife for a bit because she had opened a package of sun dried tomatoes and not put them in the fridge.  So that was one thing that also was gonna be in this dish.   But it tasted great.  Chicken was juicy (first time I’ve done it with a dish like that in the air fryer, usually par fry in a pan then bake to finish), and just enough sauce to make it not sloppy…leftovers were good today too.  Thanks man! 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What do you think about chicken fried in the air fryer?  We have a very small one that might handle a couple of thighs, best case, so I've never tried it, but it might be worth it.

Give this a shot. It works well with mine, though it’s larger and holds about 4-6 thighs depending on size. The skin always comes out nice and crispy, aided by the baking soda.

https://stemandspoon.com/chipotle-air-fryer-chicken-thighs-keto-gf/

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What do you think about chicken fried in the air fryer?  We have a very small one that might handle a couple of thighs, best case, so I've never tried it, but it might be worth it.

This was boneless/skinless breast chunks that I’d normally pan fry for such a dish.  They turned out damn good.   I’ve done thighs a bunch of times in it and they come out great.  Also have done wings.  One of my favorite things to do is take a bunch of wings and smoke them…then air fry them for about 10-12 minutes on 400. Crisps the skin up perfectly (also will sauce them prior to and after the air fryer on occasion) 

1 hour ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Any hints on ingredients and time/temp? 

Brown a pound (two if you like) of spicy breakfast sausage.

Sautee peppers and onions until they are cooked. I just used the frozen fajita mix from HEB.

Beat 8 eggs and then mix in two cups of milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, any seasoning you might like (I just eyeball all that), and two cups of shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend from HEB.)

Take one bag (30 oz) of frozen tater tot crowns, put them in a big bowl. Pour the eggs mixture over them and stir until well mixed. 

Pour into a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, put some more cheese over the top to your liking, and bake at 350 for about an hour until the eggs are set and you're happy with the color.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deej said:

Brown a pound (two if you like) of spicy breakfast sausage.

Sautee peppers and onions until they are cooked. I just used the frozen fajita mix from HEB.

Beat 8 eggs and then mix in two cups of milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, any seasoning you might like (I just eyeball all that), and two cups of shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend from HEB.)

Take one bag (30 oz) of frozen tater tot crowns, put them in a big bowl. Pour the eggs mixture over them and still until well mixed. 

Pour into a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, put some more cheese over the top to your liking, and bake at 350 for about an hour until the eggs are set and you're happy with the color.

This is my go-to when we are at the beach.  Works great the next day too.  Instead of tater tot crowns sometimes I use this, fried up a bit before adding egg mix.  Also can use diced ham, bacon, or all 3.

bag of simply potatoes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2