This guy here is dead?

ztejas

Well, to be fair.  That’s why the line is funny, because he delivers it with this annoyed frustration as if to say, “this list is bullshit, you don’t even know if some of them are alive.”   And that’s what makes her follow up even more hilarious.  

If the guy asks, “this guy here is dead?”  Her line is then, “maybe.  If he is dead, you can cross him off then.”

when we start movie threads based on a singular, well-know quote...you gotta get that right, punctuation and all.  

“So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet?”

19 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Harry Doyle is the best in a series of kickass characters.  Pepper Leach, Monty, and the construction worker with the inexplicable Brooklyn accent are fantastic bit players. 

I love this movie.  Best baseball movie, certainly best baseball comedy, tied with Caddyshack for best sports comedy of all time.  

Yeah it's not just a good comedy it's a good sports movie. The last scene where they are playing the Yankees is really well done. 

"Strike this motherfucker out"

Also love how it ends on them winning the pennant - no bullshit tying of loose ends, no World Series - just cuts to credits. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah it's not just a good comedy it's a good sports movie. The last scene where they are playing the Yankees is really well done. 

"Strike this motherfucker out"

Also love how it ends on them winning the pennant - no bullshit tying of loose ends, no World Series - just cuts to credits. 

They only locked up the AL East.