so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

because the MSM can't get anymore background/deep dive intel from the legal team---even what they're allowed to disclose via client permission and thus it becomes just a liability to throw some vague information out there with physical interviewee.  Most people don't know what it's like to live life looking over your shoulder.  The plaintiff/family/legal team doesn't want to know so they're backing off.  I can tell you from experience, between bringing down a bad guy and personally suffering the fallout from one his loyalists is one thing.  But when they start threatening your family, and you can ascertain they are serious---well then, you let the rest of the country figure it out because most of us are willing to take one of the team...but it's a whole different ball of wax when your wife and children are brought into the discussion.  

These people trafficked, raped, and murdered young girls for decades.  Some witness or attorney or court official ratting them out publicly?  I doubt they'll have a moment's pause hurting one of their children.  

The world that runs alongside most of us live in is pretty fucking scary, I've seen it-bagmen, fixers, and corruption---it's our cost of doing business and nothing physically bad happens to people but for the occasional convincing of them to commit suicide but take nobody else with them.  But there is another one beyond that one.  And I got the real feeling there is no coming back from it.  It's not a conspiracy, or a deep-state, or the Bavarian Illuminati, the CIA, or Bilderberg groups.  It's simply a vast, relatively unconnected network of human beings that realized they can operate at our lowest levels of barbaric, pre-societal levels of depravity and evil with little to no consequence.  They are not the guy that snaps and goes postal at work, or the woman who has had enough and drowns her kids.  These are people of relative power, but not well-known, who walk among us everyday with impunity.  And they make it known they are willing to harm your children, you back the fuck down and fade into the background.  

We all worry about the serial killer, the mass shooter, the pedophile youth minister, the wanna-be gangster holding up a 7-11, et. al.  But then you meet the cartel c-level guy, the corporate securities attorney who quietly runs our regulatory state, the senior staffer on the Hill who hits you up for bribes, the bent judges, and Deputy Chiefs of police who make evidence magically disappear.  And you learn to navigate that world with tacitly understood rules that almost all players adhere.  Then one day, you meet the man who moves money.  You've met people like this before for wealth management purposes or LP tax evasion on carried interest in the Bahamas.  But this man?  He washes money for organizations that move human beings around the world to be sold at auction and arbitrages the currency difference.  And he can't know his client's identities, he deals with middle-men of middle-men of couriers.  And you rinse your brain off because you have to convince yourself that none of what you just heard, ever happened.  Which is what I suspect happened here, with this filing.  

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The media doesn’t care that Trump raped a 12 & 13 year old because have you heard, Biden is old!

And they really can't find a representative for the victim to put on a panel for tedious dissection. If they did, they'd have to have a pro-child rape side and an anti child rape side so they could be sure that everthing is balanced and both sides have their say.

They can't call Trump a liar or even those things he says lies. Too provocative! They will never say alleged rapist Trump even though a civil suit has pretty much given them leave to drop the alleged. They're hidebound by templates.

I doubt them telling the naked truth about what they, TV "journalists," see would make much difference now. It may have made a difference back in 2017 and after to call a spade a spade and not an alleged digging device.

Edited by RomaVicta
Clarity clarity clarity

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I'm with you, but I think there's a reason MSM hasn't fully covered this yet.

I used to think like this, however, after reading stories about how MSM wouldn’t publish Epstein or Weinstein stories years before it all blew up even with many credible sources makes me think the MSM isn’t the barometer of truth we once believed.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I used to think like this, however, after reading stories about how MSM wouldn’t publish Epstein or Weinstein stories years before it all blew up even with many credible sources makes me think the MSM isn’t the barometer of truth we once believed.

Oh they're total cowards. But they're also opportunists. At least one Greenwald-style clout chaser would have run with it by now.

Media should have the privilege to report the contents of a lawsuit, even if the contents are ultimately proven false (as opposed to currently known to be false). This is the fair reporting privilege. 

But, it doesn't permit much room to comment or editorialize, so probably not very attractive to the press considering a lawsuit is inevitable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The MSM plays everything so absurdly safe. They're terrified of being sued, so they bend over backwards to be safe. Don't report anything, get a quote. Why not dig for the story rather than being a quote service? This mainly goes for TV media.

There are still good reporters in print journalism doing their jobs brilliantly. If they didn't do so, the TV guys would have nothing to say. 

The  TV news media clings to narratives and are very stubborn about looking deeper. 

Polarized country. They can't get over this hump. Poles are balanced and attached to each other. They are opposites in position, but substantially the same. 

We're "polarized" because one side runs a hate engine and has prompted and defended an attack on the Capitol. The polarity is not tied to old politics or policy differences. One side wants to take over. Stop talking about this conflict as though it's symmetrical. It's not even close to that.

TV MSM is lazy and incompetent. They're pretty much on auto-pilot because it's easier than taking hard looks at things and determining for yourself what is real then reporting it with evidence. Now back to our panel of experts....

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1