The Supremes

tx 3 putt

19 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Bohemian Grove is the seedling from which all kinds of malevolent right wing behavior has sprung.  Go after all of them, you'll find something in every case.

wasn't Alex Jones trying to infiltrate this?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Bohemian Grove is the seedling from which all kinds of malevolent right wing behavior has sprung.  Go after all of them, you'll find something in every case.

IMG_0661.gif

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I was under the impression gifts were a tax problem for the giver, not the recipient.

Unless it is possible to prove the gifts were income for Thomas, as payment for his role as sc judge(clear but hard to prove).

I do believe the irs is digging into crow, assuming with this in mind along with the yacht use. But, the irs will have to prove crow has exceeded his lifetime gift allowance of like 18 million to argue tax is owed. Or, that he failed to report it in the first place which may be nothing more than a slap on the hand for not filing paperwork. 

Am I mistaken here?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes

Edited by pacman

25 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Nothing rage inducing here… 

IMG_3184.jpeg

I mean, if you made him pay for those gifts, he would have only paid about a million bucks for them, so for a highly principled guy like him, no way that impacts any of his decision-making, right?

45 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Oh yes.  I remember him trying to hide in the bushes with a camera to prove the Bush family was part of the cabal. He would show pictures of a big owl and tie it to the newly built Frost tower "Owl" downtown.  All back when Alex Jones was a fun novelty. 

On 6/7/2024 at 5:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

On 6/7/2024 at 5:23 PM, chainsaw said:

Jones got his start sneaking in to Bohemian Grove - I remember when he did it, I think it was still during his Austin Public Access days, and it was huge among the conspiracy theory crowd.

Had he stayed on that road of looking at actual conspiracy theory bullshit, instead of making up stuff like George W Bush did 9/11 or the Sandy Hook crap and sucking up to Trump, well he wouldn't be pretending to cry on the air and he wouldn't be going through bankruptcy.  Shit, he probably could have ran for public office a few times by now.

He really fucked up what had to have been an extremely easy gig that paid millions.

I don't understand how the only check or balance that Congress and the Exec branch have over the Supreme Court appears to be nomination/confirmation and impeachment. The legislature and exec branches can somewhat force each other to find compromise but the judicial appears to have zero checks. And the judicial can effectively order around the Legis and Exec branches. Makes no sense that we give the people with lifetime appointments the ability to police themselves.

I assume the ultimate check could be that the Administrative branch could choose to ignore/not enforce the judicial's rulings. That would be a dangerous precedence if we went down that path. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I am not sure what exactly ya'll want Congress to do.  They are absolutely powerless without super majorities in both chambers.  Apparently the only constitutionally valid check is Biden's absolute immunity and Seal Team 6.   It does seem like the founders may not have war gamed a weaponized SC out very well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:45 PM, tx 3 putt said:

he also has a hard time reporting everything ….

On 6/7/2024 at 3:03 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Nixon called Bohemian Grove "the faggiest goddamn thing you could ever imagine".

And the subject of SCOTUS gifts reminds me of a story that I read about Kagan; being a Jewish New Yorker, Kagan loves deli.  She mentioned to one of her old friends that the delis in DC were sub-par compared to Manhattan.  One day a group of her old friends decided to send her a care package; they were going to fedex a box of deli stuff from Manhattan.  They called her and asked the best way to get it to her...which address to use, etc.  She told them thanks but no thanks, that it would be "unethical" to accept it.   

She's turning down pastrami and rye bread, and fucking Clarence it raking in millions. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Nixon called Bohemian Grove "the faggiest goddamn thing you could ever imagine".

And the subject of SCOTUS gifts reminds me of a story that I read about Kagan; being a Jewish New Yorker, Kagan loves deli.  She mentioned to one of her old friends that the delis in DC were sub-par compared to Manhattan.  One day a group of her old friends decided to send her a care package; they were going to fedex a box of deli stuff from Manhattan.  They called her and asked the best way to get it to her...which address to use, etc.  She told them thanks but no thanks, that it would be "unethical" to accept it.   

She's turning down pastrami and rye bread, and fucking Clarence it raking in millions. 

Supreme Court Abortion GIF by GIPHY News

2 hours ago, pacman said:

20240610_114033.jpg

I despise Alito, but I'll be honest. I only got "trapped in a weird conversation and he can't do anything but politely humor her" vibes from this. The flag stuff and fishing trip are much more damning.

37 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I despise Alito, but I'll be honest. I only got "trapped in a weird conversation and he can't do anything but politely humor her" vibes from this. The flag stuff and fishing trip are much more damning.

It’s not like his “yes I agree we should be a theocracy” comments are completely disconnected from his flying the appeal to heaven flag.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

And that’s why we should have never let those dago guinea bastards (and their wives) into the country in the first place.  

What’s next, we’re going to let in the thieving Irish?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not sure what exactly ya'll want Congress to do.  They are absolutely powerless without super majorities in both chambers.  Apparently the only constitutionally valid check is Biden's absolute immunity and Seal Team 6.   It does seem like the founders may not have war gamed a weaponized SC out very well. 

But, what really matters is what some 12th century lawyer said in East Malling.

25 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

And that’s why we should have never let those dago guinea bastards (and their wives) into the country in the first place.  

What’s next, we’re going to let in the thieving Irish?

She's apparently German, from Germany and of German heritage. Got kind of a Trinity thing going on. 

“Look at me, look at me. I’m German. I’m from Germany. My heritage is German. You come after me, I’m gonna give it back to you. And there will be a way — it doesn’t have to be now — but there will be a way they will know. Don’t worry about it. God — you read the Bible. Psalm 27 is my psalm. Mine. Psalm 27, the Lord is my God and my rock. Of whom shall I be afraid? Nobody.”

It was an episode of Meltzer’s Decoded on History Channel. 

Edit: 18:00 mark

FWIW, the other guy in that episode absolutely can’t stand Alex Jones. I was at his daughter’s wedding back in January.

/csb

On 6/7/2024 at 5:14 PM, wildcat09 said:

If Alito and Thomas want to still decide cases from a federal prison I guess I would be ok with that.

They wouldn’t be the first federal judges that wanted to do that. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Time to rethink Marbury v Madison? I kid….  

About that German heritage:

IMG_4264.thumb.jpeg.133b5e234fcf06e5811797d7d7975a9f.jpeg

I’m detecting some Hitler particles. How the fuck do we have more secret Nazis in and around American leadership today than we did after Operation Paperclip?

Saw this::

Sources add that Mrs. Alito also has a longstanding reputation in influential GOP circles for ranting about politics, the culture wars, the Left, and the burning grudges she’s nursed since at least the George W. Bush era.

Commenting on the Alito family’s dynamic, a well-connected GOP lawyer says that Justice Alito “is like if you turned National Review into a single person.” Martha-Ann Alito, the lawyer says, “talks like if Breitbart assumed a human vessel … They’re the Washington couple of Donald Trump’s dreams.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 2

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Saw this::

Sources add that Mrs. Alito also has a longstanding reputation in influential GOP circles for ranting about politics, the culture wars, the Left, and the burning grudges she’s nursed since at least the George W. Bush era.

Commenting on the Alito family’s dynamic, a well-connected GOP lawyer says that Justice Alito “is like if you turned National Review into a single person.” Martha-Ann Alito, the lawyer says, “talks like if Breitbart assumed a human vessel … They’re the Washington couple of Donald Trump’s dreams.”

Lol what publication is this from?

On 6/7/2024 at 5:49 PM, pacman said:

I was under the impression gifts were a tax problem for the giver, not the recipient.

Unless it is possible to prove the gifts were income for Thomas, as payment for his role as sc judge(clear but hard to prove).

I do believe the irs is digging into crow, assuming with this in mind along with the yacht use. But, the irs will have to prove crow has exceeded his lifetime gift allowance of like 18 million to argue tax is owed. Or, that he failed to report it in the first place which may be nothing more than a slap on the hand for not filing paperwork. 

Am I mistaken here?

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes

No.

• Hook 'Em 1

There's got to be more in the pipeline. These Alito leaks have been deliciously timed.

Agreed, but to what end? Does anyone really think he (or Thomas for that matter) will recuse or be impeached? As said up thread, they’re going to give the finger to everyone and say, “do whatever, I’m untouchable” because they are.
  • Rage+1 1

Man this isn't complicated. Bad stories about Republican justices polarize people against the Republican court and can create the political conditions in which actual reform is possible. 

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

There's got to be more in the pipeline. These Alito leaks have been deliciously timed.

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Agreed, but to what end? Does anyone really think he (or Thomas for that matter) will recuse or be impeached? As said up thread, they’re going to give the finger to everyone and say, “do whatever, I’m untouchable” because they are.

Exactly.  Anything and everything could come out about either of these guys, Justice Roberts could grow a spine and publicly demand their recusal and/or resignation, they could be ignored and talked over at every hearing and still they’d sit on the court all like ….

image.png.fe97795538cb95da60cb476625d6e130.png

Squirrel Come At Me Bro GIF

This is a winning issue for the Dems here but they're too incompetent to do anything about it.  Biden should come out with a plan to double their salaries but then have real, actual, ethic reform.  Also, end lifetime appointments.  That's the worst idea ever and if you were to suggest it now, you'd be laughed out of the room.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

12 hours ago, Pods said:

She's apparently German, from Germany and of German heritage. Got kind of a Trinity thing going on. 

Well goddamnit, they are even worse.  A bunch of antisemitic poop fetishists.  I bet we can draw a straight line from the supposed superiority of the “master race”, immigration into central and west Texas, and the current, misguided, sense of Texas exceptionalism.  

46 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Ultimately this is just leads to more erosion of faith in the judicial system. I’m not optimistic that it could lead to positive changes in the judicial system.

Do you think maintaining faith is an institution unworthy of it is a virtue?